Memberships 2019 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY 42,910)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a Gold (full) AFL Member and you nominate the club you support and become a member of that club. The AFL provides your club of choice the membership money (about $200) from the cost of your annual AFL membership (about $610).

As an AFL member you get access to 40 home and away matches which includes the 11 home games of your nominated club. You get access to tickets during the first two weeks of finals but Gold (full) members get priority access for the PF & GF.

I haven’t missed a GF in years because as a full member tickets are very accessible. But I pay $600 a year which is a fair cost.

The waiting period to become a full member is 8-12 years. I’m glad I did it but I also buy an additional Saints membership to help the club.

But only buy an AFL membership if your going to go to the footy quite a bit. You can also book reserved seats for games and they cost about $5. Well worthwhile.
Agree 100% mate being a full member makes it pretty easy to get GF tickets , even if we do loose them all , what year did AFL membership start ? I remember we were still playing at Waverley park when it started , I think ,

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
Agree 100% mate being a full member makes it pretty easy to get GF tickets , even if we do loose them all , what year did AFL membership start ? I remember we were still playing at Waverley park when it started , I think ,

AFL (VFL) Membership started when VFL Park opened in 1970. I joined in 1998 and was a full member by 2007. The family hasn’t missed a GF whenever we’ve wanted to go, just jump online and book a ticket.

The amazing thing is there is no waiting list to become a silver (restricted) member. My new partner just joined after falling in love with footy last year and she joined immediately without having to pay a joining fee.

Totally different to the MCC where there is a long waiting list and you have to pay a joining fee. Personally I think AFL Membership is much better, plus there are reciprocal rights with other venues which is a bonus.

AFL (VFL) Membership started when VFL Park opened in 1970. I joined in 1998 and was a full member by 2007. The family hasn’t missed a GF whenever we’ve wanted to go, just jump online and book a ticket.

The amazing thing is there is no waiting list to become a silver (restricted) member. My new partner just joined after falling in love with footy last year and she joined immediately without having to pay a joining fee.

Totally different to the MCC where there is a long waiting list and you have to pay a joining fee. Personally I think AFL Membership is much better, plus there are reciprocal rights with other venues which is a bonus.
From memory i was a full member after one year , i cant remember what year i joined and i seem to recall back then all the finals were free , if not free a GF tickets was something like $15-20 , those were the days , there was even a Bar on Level Two of the southern stand where you could watch the game from behind the glass while having the odd froffy , now the bar is a corporate box

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
From memory i was a full member after one year , i cant remember what year i joined and i seem to recall back then all the finals were free , if not free a GF tickets was something like $15-20 , those were the days , there was even a Bar on Level Two of the southern stand where you could watch the game from behind the glass while having the odd froffy , now the bar is a corporate box

You must have joined way back in the 70s or 80s. Back then of course VFL members had no reciprocal seating arrangements at the MCG so the membership was just for matches at VFL Park.

Last year the cost of reserving a GF seat was $180 for adults and $90 for juniors. But that’s cheaper than other tickets plus the seats are somewhere between the flanks. Side-on near the wing. It’s the access to the tickets that makes it worthwhile.

Personally I think St Kilda’s membership packages look like great value for money at a very good venue. But AFL membership has the potential to undercut that, hence its why the AFL provides the nominated club a membership payment.

Last edited:

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.

It's a great value package. I joined up in 1993 and have never regretted it. As a Nominated club supporter, the Saints get my membership money, so it's a win win.

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
It's a great value package. I joined up in 1993 and have never regretted it. As a Nominated club supporter, the Saints get my membership money, so it's a win win.

It’s great knowing that when the Saints make the Grand Final I have a full hour to leisurely log in to the internet and purchase a ticket using the bar code on the back of the membership card.

But I always purchase an extra membership from the club and give it to someone who appreciates it. The club has picked up a few of them when they have decided to buy their own memberships going forward.

With you 100 % there Drake...…...it's a sensational package and terrific value for money.

I joined up in 1996...….only for the fact that I could get a GF tic somewhere down the track if we ever made it back to a GF.

I never in a million years thought we'd make the GF the very next year.

Incredibly......I was accepted as a full member 1/2 way thru 1997.

I on forwarded my AFL GF tic to a work mate(who went into meltdown when I said he could have my tic) and sat with my footy group using our memberships to obtain tics(very lucky getting those after camping out at the Arts Centre underground passageways overnight)

That's all I will say regarding that year!

It’s great knowing that when the Saints make the Grand Final I have a full hour to leisurely log in to the internet and purchase a ticket using the bar code on the back of the membership card.

But I always purchase an extra membership from the club and give it to someone who appreciates it. The club has picked up a few of them when they have decided to buy their own memberships going forward.
I'm million years from getting Gold. I only moved 1230 spots this year. 17,364 Ahead of me.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2014
Top of a God
AFL Club
St Kilda
*Raises hand*
I'm 3rd year silver. You get access to 40 games of footy at the G and Marvel along with international cricket at the G. There's also dining packages you can buy for games. Some games even have medallion club dining. You can buy 4 guest passes at the G and 2 at Marvel.
Finals wise you get access to Weeks 1-3. Grand Final wise Gold get first dibs.

You get counted as a member of the club and an amount(hundred and something dollars last I checked goes to the club). You get a member pack as well. I end up with 2 packs because I have a home and away GA club membership on top of my AFL one.

MCG wise it's great with a big bit of the GSS given to AFL members. Depending on the game you can get GA seating on L1, L2A and L4. Reserved seating at the G is only a 9 dollar upgrade.
Marvel Stadium isn't that much different to being a normal club member. You can reserve seats in the small area for not much but they sell out quickly. You can reserve seats in the public areas for the difference like a normal member. The only real difference is we get our own bar next to the Victory room but compared to the Garden Gate or EJ Whitten it's not that great.
MCG the bars are better. The Bunton downstairs has massive screens, full strength booze in pints. The AFL members dining room bar only does schooners. Both get very bloody busy some games.
Cheers for the feedback. Sounds promising. My only concern is how many games I get to.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Poorly thought out IMO.

Us poor suckers who have been paying membership for 30 years have to pay full price, while others who aren't as loyal get $100 off.
Doesnt worry me re the money, but I know plenty of Saints members who struggle financially, and $100 is a lot of money.
Being punished for loyalty.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poorly thought out IMO.

Us poor suckers who have been paying membership for 30 years have to pay full price, while others who aren't as loyal get $100 off.
Doesnt worry me re the money, but I know plenty of Saints members who struggle financially, and $100 is a lot of money.
Being punished for loyalty.

The rationale is in the terms and conditions
SEN membership offer must be purchased on Saints Easy Pay
Saints Easy Pay
provides St Kilda Football Club (St Kilda) members with the convenience of automatically rolling over their membership payment each year, ensuring an easy and secure way to renew.
They are trying to get new/lapsed members to sign up and create loyalty by locking them into a membership.
I'm OK with the strategy, but agree with you that I would probably not feel the same way if I was a long standing member and struggling financially.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
The rationale is in the terms and conditions
SEN membership offer must be purchased on Saints Easy Pay
Saints Easy Pay
provides St Kilda Football Club (St Kilda) members with the convenience of automatically rolling over their membership payment each year, ensuring an easy and secure way to renew.
They are trying to get new/lapsed members to sign up and create loyalty by locking them into a membership.
I'm OK with the strategy, but agree with you that I would probably not feel the same way if I was a long standing member and struggling financially.
Yes, risk and reward. I am not critical of the club trying to up membership and the strategy for Easy Pay is good.

I am sure they weighed the pro's and con's of the offer.

Some of you will also be happy to see that we finally got around to putting the membership tracker on the website.

33,092 at the moment.

I’d be happier if it said 37 000, but hopefully Saturday will be a big day membership-wise.

Significant

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes, risk and reward. I am not critical of the club trying to up membership and the strategy for Easy Pay is good.

I am sure they weighed the pro's and con's of the offer.

I got this exact same deal last year, and then opted out before it rolled over for this year. Waited out. Bided my time. Then got it again today. If money is such an issue, just be shrewd about it!

The other issue is they tried rolling over for the complete home game payment (forget what it was), when at the time I had been on three game memberships for years so it didn't really suit me.

Such a good deal though!

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Got the good lady wife a 3 game membership for half price. $97.00. The bonus it admits to all our home games. Outstanding value!
Well done mate!

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Got the good lady wife a 3 game membership for half price. $97.00. The bonus it admits to all our home games. Outstanding value!
Nice well done

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
May 19, 2013
George do you know Mitch that works at club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back