Discussion Football (Soccer) Thread

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I agree , last week when we drew our strikers were boxed in by a deep defensive unit . We had very little run down the wings , but maybe they worked on that during the week because there was a lot more of that this week , we look a lot better with that in our game . Also means Robertson has the dance to break forward more , he seems to be the one willing to charge forward up the wings . It also frees up Salah more as he has more space to work with .
It will be interesting to see if they are able to do that against Man U next week .

Don’t Panic !!

We had a sick Milner at RB and an out of sorts Robbo at LB before this game. TAA coming back will make a huge difference. Gomez is still weeks away unfortunately.

how bad were Chelsea , when things get hard their players run up the white flag .
Man City back to top form , they look so strong.

Also good win for Spurs , going to be a great battle for the championship .

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Superb reaction from United after last weeks loss in the champions league
Dumping Chelsea out of the FA Cup overnight on their own dunghill!
Pogba redeeming himself with a MOTM performance!

We really do look unrecognisable from the team that was so disappointing under Mourinho
And what do we get for all our hard work...Yet another tough away tie against a very good Wolves side in the QF!
Meanwhile City once again have an easy tie against non premier league opposition!

Starting to wonder about the integrity and credibility of these so called Lottery Draws we always seem to come up with!

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

We really do look unrecognisable from the team that was so disappointing under Mourinho
And what do we get for all our hard work...Yet another tough away tie against a very good Wolves side in the QF!
Meanwhile City once again have an easy tie against non premier league opposition!

Starting to wonder about the integrity and credibility of these so called Lottery Draws we always seem to come up with!
Amazing turnaround! The real test comes this weekend. I wish we’d got our second game in before Mou left.

Poor result for Liverpool in Champions league . 0-0 all draw at home against Bayern Munich . Will have to win away now or rely on another draw with no goals then go to penalties. For the last few weeks we seem to have dropped off the pace . This might be our first 0-0 score for the season.

Don’t Panic !!

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Poor result for Liverpool in Champions league . 0-0 all draw at home against Bayern Munich . Will have to win away now or rely on another draw with no goals then go to penalties. For the last few weeks we seem to have dropped off the pace . This might be our first 0-0 score for the season.

Don’t Panic !!
I actually think getting eliminated would be a blessing in disguise. The squad is looking thin.

I actually think getting eliminated would be a blessing in disguise. The squad is looking thin.

Can’t argue with you there . What worry’s me is that we still rely so much on Salah to create chances even after all the money they have spent over last two seasons. When he is shut out of the game we struggle.

Don’t Panic !!

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool

Don’t Panic !!
If we score and draw in the away leg we go through as well.

Doug Hogan 23

Cancelled
Apr 9, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Man City back on top makes me wanna spew
I had fun a couple of Sundays ago, was bloody cold though! Come on City!
D6F8F24D-FCDC-4E15-B269-BFBE4AF5E863.jpeg

Jul 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phillies

Just do us a favour on Monday ;)

Cause let's be honest here, no one outside of Liverpool supporters want to see them take the league

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Oooohh it's on between the Scousers and the plastic fantastics! :think:

If we manage to topple Liverpool at Old Trafford on sunday, i can assure you all
it will have absolutely zero to do with helping out Abu Dhabi!

We have our own far more historical hatred of each other to worry about than worrying about
whether shiity approve or not!

Doug Hogan 23

Cancelled
Apr 9, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would have been a great game to watch. How did you find the atmosphere compared to AFL
We were on the corner flag at the Manchester end(photo attached) there was one bay down the other end from the ground level all the way up to the top that was for Arsenal fans.

To be honest the crowd noise was a little underwhelming compared to an AFL game at Marvel Stadium. When Aguero scored after 48 seconds the place went wild, but again not as loud as an AFL game when someone kicks a brilliant goal.

When Arsenal scored there was dead silence until the roar from their fans reached our end. Everyone drinks hot Bovril at the games, no beer!

938E8924-C317-42B2-B6DD-3B1DCC871770.jpeg

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
We were on the corner flag at the Manchester end(photo attached) there was one bay down the other end from the ground level all the way up to the top that was for Arsenal fans.

To be honest the crowd noise was a little underwhelming compared to an AFL game at Marvel Stadium. When Aguero scored after 48 seconds the place went wild, but again not as loud as an AFL game when someone kicks a brilliant goal.

When Arsenal scored there was dead silence until the roar from their fans reached our end. Everyone drinks hot Bovril at the games, no beer!

View attachment 623679
Thanks mate. I think the plan is to drink before you get there in the UK. Bovril though, no idea when that became a thing. Frightening really....

JiggsteR45

All Australian
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

Don’t Panic !!

“Poor result”? I guess (on paper) it looks like “job done” for Bayern. However, the lack of an away goal could come back to bite them on the bum. Liverpool will have Virgil back at the heart of a very good defence, which will provide Bayern Munich with a mighty challenge to crack open. Bayern could well find themselves in the schitt with just one deadly counter-attack from the Reds. Liverpool supporters should be going to Munich without ANY fear, history too, is on the side of Liverpool, as on each of the previous occasions that these teams have drawn the first leg at Anfield 0:0, Liverpool have progressed to the next stage. I think the Man City game at Anfield could well have been LFC’s first 0:0 score this season.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
0-0 probably a fair result. After the early Manu injuries, they did well to shut the game down. Maybe the Mou bus parking lessons are paying off after all?

Back