AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Dead-eye

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want Stringer to continue playing like 2018 - I was impressed with the team focus in his game - The brilliant features of his game will come as a matter of course.

I just had a look at Jakes stats and compared him with Joe Daniher - they are remarkably similar;-

Jake: age - 24 and 9 months, games - 109, average disposals - 13.1, goals - 1.7, tackles - 2.3, marks - 3.3
Joe: age - 24 and 11 months, games - 100, average disposals - 12.7, goals - 1.8, tackles - 1.3, marks - 5.8

If we can get anywhere between 30 - 50 goals out of these guys it would be huge - our two most important forwards...

I just had a look at Jakes stats and compared him with Joe Daniher - they are remarkably similar;-

Jake: age - 24 and 9 months, games - 109, average disposals - 13.1, goals - 1.7, tackles - 2.3, marks - 3.3
Joe: age - 24 and 11 months, games - 100, average disposals - 12.7, goals - 1.8, tackles - 1.3, marks - 5.8

If we can get anywhere between 30 - 50 goals out of these guys it would be huge - our two most important forwards...

My boy! Not surprised Jakes stats very close to Joe Danihers - people forget how good Jake was in 2015 when he was all Australian and kicked 56 goals. I am surprised he’s younger than Joe - seems like he’s been around for years. I reckon Jake has huge upside and if played mainly forward this year will kick around 50. The Jake and Joe show has the potential to be one of the most exiting forward combinations in the comp. Go my boy!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My boy! Not surprised Jakes stats very close to Joe Danihers - people forget how good Jake was in 2015 when he was all Australian and kicked 56 goals. I am surprised he’s younger than Joe - seems like he’s been around for years. I reckon Jake has huge upside and if played mainly forward this year will kick around 50. The Jake and Joe show has the potential to be one of the most exiting forward combinations in the comp. Go my boy!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I thought Stringer was older too... weird. If Daniher and Stringer mean McKernan or Laverde getting off the chain, that would be awesome. Those two are so mobile and would be challenging to match up on if Daniher and Stringer are attracting multiple defenders themselves... and then there's Raz and Walla. That's exciting. Can't wait for footy season to start!

Doesn't seem to be much media focus on him this pre-season.

How is he looking physically? Should we expect more running power than last year?
Some on Blitz reckon Saad's fatter... although sometimes it's hard to tell when that lot is being serious. I don't reckon Shiel will be as hard at the ball as some do. That will be left to Myers, Stringer and Langford IMO. Heppell, Shiel, Merrett and McGrath will have the running power. I've read some reports that we can expect Parish to be an extractor as well.

Some on Blitz reckon Saad's fatter... although sometimes it's hard to tell when that lot is being serious. I don't reckon Shiel will be as hard at the ball as some do. That will be left to Myers, Stringer and Langford IMO. Heppell, Shiel, Merrett and McGrath will have the running power. I've read some reports that we can expect Parish to be an extractor as well.
Yes, that’s a joke I’m sure (probably because he is so cut he’s beveled)

Stick him at FF. He will kick us 40-50 snags.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jakes a gun - would not be surprised if he kicks 55+ this year like he did in 2015 if played predominately forward

Hopefully in another Premiership year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoping the penny has finally dropped and he has actually realised what heights he could take his game to with all that natural talent. This could be fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back