Play Nice 2019 Non AFL Admin, Crowds, Ratings, Participation etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So just going off those numbers football still has higher club participation if miniroos aren’t counted like Auskickers aren’t?
Actual proper organised school competitions numbers would be very interesting to know for all sports. That along with club participation numbers would give a very good insight and be actually meaningful.

Possibly overpaid possibly not.

But I would say that stuff like this would be written into the contract so that they can back themselves.

Hardly a stuff up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
They clearly overpaid. Fox are just pissed off they paid too much for the rights and now don’t want to have to pay more for something that will not make them anything. It will actually lose them more money on top of the $5mil.
Again that’s no ones problem but Fox’s and it’s BS they are trying to get out of having to pay it

They clearly overpaid. Fox are just pissed off they paid too much for the rights and now don’t want to have to pay more for something that will not make them anything. It will actually lose them more money on top of the $5mil.
Again that’s no ones problem but Fox’s and it’s BS they are trying to get out of having to pay it
Not if they have it written into their contract.

Thats all on the FFA.

Not if they have it written into their contract.

Thats all on the FFA.

That they must to have Melbourne in their name? Surely being based in Melbourne is enough.
It’s a technicality that Fox are only bringing up because they are pissed off at their own mistake.

That they must to have Melbourne in their name? Surely being based in Melbourne is enough.
It’s a technicality that Fox are only bringing up because they are pissed off at their own mistake.

That they are based and represent Sydney and Melbourne may have been a part of the contract.
We dont know Macarthurs name yet, they may demand Sydney in it(though personally would prefer Macarthur).

It doesnt matter, if it's in the contract then they obviously planned for any contingency.

If its written into the contract they didn't stuff up.

Sure, but a team that has its base in Wyndham is definitely a Melbourne team, no matter the marketing fluff about representing those further West as well.

I’m more interested in what this says about the relationship between Fox and the FFA at the moment.

Sure, but a team that has its base in Wyndham is definitely a Melbourne team, no matter the marketing fluff about representing those further West as well.

I’m more interested in what this says about the relationship between Fox and the FFA at the moment.

Considering the FFAs relationship with pretty much everyone is garbage I would say it's not going well.

I guess it depends on the technicality of the wording. Given the team will play most or all of it's home games outside of Melbourne, it may be arguable that it's not based in Melbourne at all.

But you're right about the motivation, I'm sure if ratings were going gangbusters then the money would be handed over in a heartbeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly overpaid possibly not.

But I would say that stuff like this would be written into the contract so that they can back themselves.

Hardly a stuff up.

The contract calls for a Sydney and Melbourne club in the expansion. Saying the Melbourne based club doesn't count because it doesn't have Melbourne in the name sounds like trying to get out on a technicality.

FFA are citing the Western Bulldogs as an example of a clearly Melbourne based team.

They have also directed the club to include Melbourne as frequently and prominently as possible in publications, media etc, so they are not accepting this.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

In fairness, at least the Western Bulldogs is, and has always been, located in what we would view as being Melbourne (the original Footscray City Council actually bordered Melbourne City Council).

But a team to be located outside of present Tarneit, and playing games in Geelong for first two or three seasons??

But yeh, otherwise, agree that Fox is trying to get out of the contract, there have been recent murmurings of this around the traps.

There are a lot of new teams in the minor leagues.

Be interesting to see how the Phoenix(NBL) and Western United go.

i worry about Western United. For a team which is meant to be on the park next year, there are still a lot of question marks regarding its future. And yes, i am talking about its stadium and ownership. It stinks.

Fox are a bit reaching here though.

The contract calls for a Sydney and Melbourne club in the expansion. Saying the Melbourne based club doesn't count because it doesn't have Melbourne in the name sounds like trying to get out on a technicality.

FFA are citing the Western Bulldogs as an example of a clearly Melbourne based team.

They have also directed the club to include Melbourne as frequently and prominently as possible in publications, media etc, so they are not accepting this.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
No doubt. But it's still ridiculous that it was even there in the contract to be made use of.

So just going off those numbers football still has higher club participation if miniroos aren’t counted like Auskickers aren’t?

Take the miniroos out and the AFL has more club players. Remembering that the 200,000 auskickers arent the 6 week after school special types- they are counted separately - these are the 15 week program types.

In fairness, at least the Western Bulldogs is, and has always been, located in what we would view as being Melbourne (the original Footscray City Council actually bordered Melbourne City Council).

But a team to be located outside of present Tarneit, and playing games in Geelong for first two or three seasons??

Until I see some actual construction happening I struggle to believe that someone's kicking in tens of millions to build a stadium. So as it stands at the moment they're playing games not in Melbourne.

I think with the FAA ratings in the basement this season. Fox dont want pay anymore to the FAA if they can avoid it!

Until I see some actual construction happening I struggle to believe that someone's kicking in tens of millions to build a stadium. So as it stands at the moment they're playing games not in Melbourne.

They are property developers and the overall land they are being given by the Wyndham council must be worth at least the cost of building the stadium.

I strongly suspect that they will quickly ditch the team after meeting their contractual requirements with the council to build the stadium (at the cheapest possible cost) and it will end up being demolished for apartments or commercial premises.

the only way it makes any commercial sense is that there's an obligation to build a stadium (to be able to develop the remainder of the land), but there is no time limit on how long the stadium needs to be there, meaning at some future point, there's a large parcel of land to re-develop.

Even then, as a real estate proposition, it's all pretty marginal.

And let's be honest, this isn't prime real estate we're talking about.

They are property developers and the overall land they are being given by the Wyndham council must be worth at least the cost of building the stadium.

I strongly suspect that they will quickly ditch the team after meeting their contractual requirements with the council to build the stadium (at the cheapest possible cost) and it will end up being demolished for apartments or commercial premises.

They still have to fork out a massive amount of money to build the stadium though - at least based on the proposed stadium i've seen. And you can't just demolish it to build apartments given it's not going to be zoned residential.
They might put something there - perhaps a small ground with 1 grandstand. They'll probably just call it stage 1. But I think it's unlikely stage 2 will ever get built.

the only way it makes any commercial sense is that there's an obligation to build a stadium (to be able to develop the remainder of the land), but there is no time limit on how long the stadium needs to be there, meaning at some future point, there's a large parcel of land to re-develop.

Even then, as a real estate proposition, it's all pretty marginal.

And let's be honest, this isn't prime real estate we're talking about.

Tarneit,Truganina and Manor Lakes the urban slums of the future.

The Wyndham Council should be concentrating on fixing the shocking road infrastructure not putting more money into greedy developers pockets!

Tarneit,Truganina and Manor Lakes the urban slums of the future.

The Wyndham Council should be concentrating on fixing the shocking road infrastructure not putting more money into greedy developers pockets!

Whichever way you look at it, none of it adds up, and at some point, some authority might have to have a very close look at what Wyndham Council concocted here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back