Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see that of the 700+ players on AFL lists, Robbo has nothing better to do than to put the blowtorch on Charlie. And he interviews Paul Roos, who uses his management of Jesse Hogan to do the same.

There’s the summary... this is a community service announcement. I’ve read the article so you don’t have to.

Here’s the outline, but you’ve been warned: https://outline.com/JUqrtk

Good to see that of the 700+ players on AFL lists, Robbo has nothing better to do than to put the blowtorch on Charlie. And he interviews Paul Roos, who uses his management of Jesse Hogan to do the same.

There’s the summary... this is a community service announcement. I’ve read the article so you don’t have to.

t & j, may I use you for further protection in the future? as a buffer for aspects of society that irk and unsettle? commercial media, reality television, news outlets, advertising, religion, gambling, political lies, carlton injury updates and all vexatious restaurant and holiday resort reviews? that be ok?

t & j, may I use you for further protection in the future? as a buffer for aspects of society that irk and unsettle? commercial media, reality television, news outlets, advertising, religion, gambling, political lies, carlton injury updates and all vexatious restaurant and holiday resort reviews? that be ok?

..can he block those ads for mature singles dating?

Robbo is such a knob. Fwds only as good as the midfield delivering it.

True story: my teenage son who knows very little about football (basketball/soccer fan) decided to surprise his old man and actually sit with me and show some interest in the aflx game. During a break Robbos head appears on an afl 360 add.

The first thing My son asks is “is that man drunk”?

Thanks Thylacine. You’re right that I can cope with all of that. For example, I’m not one to get triggered by a Donald Trump avatar.

Thought the same thing after reading Robbos article

"If Curnow isn't the best player in the AFL by qrt time of round 1 he has failed and Carlton are s**t"

He was drafted pick 13 and has clearly been the second best player (at worst) from his draft.

It's quite simply a passive-aggressive attack on Charlie and by extension on Carlton. Implied blame on Charlie and the Blues for the hype surrounding Charlie and a threat that if Charlie doesn't deliver in full, this very season, then he - and the club - have failed to live up to the hype.
Who creates the "hype"? The media. And now this twit is holding it over Charlie, saying he's a big boy now, so he'd better deliver.
Ramp up the pressure and raise the profile of the young fellow even before the start of the season, and maybe he'll buckle.

Tosser.

Dont worry one iota about what a gutless dribble mouth journalist says.....thats my one piece of advice
I say reporters can only ever crap on about what has already happened to any degree of accuracy or meaningfulness and even then they get it horribly wrong a whole lot...leave the future and speculation to science fiction writers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's quite simply a passive-aggressive attack on Charlie and by extension on Carlton. Implied blame on Charlie and the Blues for the hype surrounding Charlie and a threat that if Charlie doesn't deliver in full, this very season, then he - and the club - have failed to live up to the hype.
Who creates the "hype"? The media. And now this twit is holding it over Charlie, saying he's a big boy now, so he'd better deliver.
Ramp up the pressure and raise the profile of the young fellow even before the start of the season, and maybe he'll buckle.

Tosser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm reading, "We don't really know what we're going to do"
That's pretty much the state of play, it seems.

Haven't been a fan and can't see becoming so, for what we initially set out to do. i.e Locking the ball in.
If we're going to leave one of the forwards at 'home' in the forward line as I've been told, we're going to need some speed and skill coming back to support.

I'm reading, "We don't really know what we're going to do"
That's pretty much the state of play, it seems.

Haven't been a fan and can't see becoming so, for what we initially set out to do. i.e Locking the ball in.
If we're going to leave one of the forwards at 'home' in the forward line as I've been told, we're going to need some speed and skill coming back to support.
Are you getting that view just from that quote or are is there some other info which has been flying around which has helped you come to that conclusion.

I must say I don’t see the “don’t know what we’re doing” by reading the tweet.

The forward line will probably be the best performing part of the structure in 2019 - based on having three genuinely scary genuinely mobile tall markers running around causing mayhem with defenses reliant on double teaming 'power forwards' - I'm totally relaxed about the possibility of Cuningham/Fasolo and whoever else is released to hit the scoreboard using their running power and evasive skills - eg Murphy or SPS or Fisher...

Plenty of options no need to lean on Gibbons or Polson as primary forward options - none.

The forward line will probably be the best performing part of the structure in 2019 - based on having three genuinely scary genuinely mobile tall markers running around causing mayhem with defenses reliant on double teaming 'power forwards' - I'm totally relaxed about the possibility of Cuningham/Fasolo and whoever else is released to hit the scoreboard using their running power and evasive skills - eg Murphy or SPS or Fisher...

Plenty of options no need to lean on Gibbons or Polson as primary forward options - none.

Yes round 1 here we come-

sold cc.jpg sol mm.jpg sold hm.jpg

Then after round 5.......

3 wounded soldiers.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back