Traded Ryan Burton [traded with #15, #35 and future 4th for Wingard and future 3rd]

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
Ian, Port posters have been saying he’s got a bad attitude ever since he said he was open to a move.

“Inside word”.....congrats on reading bigfooty.

In your mind, anyone with an opinion that disagrees with yours is uninformed and sourced from bigfooty.

There's a whole world out there offline. Go check it out.

In your mind, anyone with an opinion that disagrees with yours is uninformed and sourced from bigfooty.
No mate, that’s not even close.

You literally brought something to the table 3 months after Kane Cornes and other Port mouthpieces in the media did when they tried to quel the Port members outrage at the trade, and in doing so tried to make out like its “new news”.

Next you’ll be in here saying “I heard from an insider Chad Wingard plays video games too much!!”.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
Mate, my sources aren't Kane Cornes or media people.

And I didn't say it was new news, that's your take. I don't see you pulling me up when I post that Wingard will benefit from being coached by Clarkson. It only bothers you when someone posts something that jars with your narrative.

Pull your blinkers off.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Isn't this the Ryan Burton thread?

Yep. I have a mate who works for Port in their medical team. He told me Burton Is looking good and fitting in well. Told me that he is playing mostly off the back line and quarterbacking.

Sounds like Port will try to return him to what made him successful in his first season.

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Yep. I have a mate who works for Port in their medical team. He told me Burton Is looking good and fitting in well. Told me that he is playing mostly off the back line and quarterbacking.

Sounds like Port will try to return him to what made him successful in his first season.

He played that role last year too, can play tall too. He had a few good games on Tex Walker.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Given the paucity of KPP's at Hawthorn, Burts would have filled a need that's for sure.

Perhaps, big guys take time. Don't forget the likes of Hooker struggled early on. Brand is serviceable, Stratts is a rock, Sicily plays tall, Frawley can match up well on big guys, not as dire as you would hope.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Burton really a key position prospect? Looks like more of a high possession flanker.

2018 trade week certainly delivered. 'No yoof' Hawthorn put their best recent draftee on the table, Port knowing they are losing Polec put Wingard on the table, GC lose one captain to FA so trade the other one, GWS shop Shiel around ahead of FA and give Scully away for the cheat codes to Doom 2, Freo buy a whole new forward line and Melbourne give up Hogan to get yet another tall defender. And we were predictably so conservative Cory Bernardi approved.

so far of the HBF but tried on the wing also. we have a hole on the wing with polec gone and with our poor disposal i could see him ending up on the wing
Would Burton & Westhoff be the tallest wingmen combination of all time?

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
Perhaps, big guys take time. Don't forget the likes of Hooker struggled early on. Brand is serviceable, Stratts is a rock, Sicily plays tall, Frawley can match up well on big guys, not as dire as you would hope.

Thanks for the re-assurance.
While you’re at it, have a crack at allaying any KPP concerns up forward sans Roughy.

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Thanks for the re-assurance.
While you’re at it, have a crack at allaying any KPP concerns up forward sans Roughy.

Well Bruce, we do have Gunston, Lewis, O'Brien, Ceglar and McEvoy. No doubt an area of interest considering we targeted Lynch. Apart from the injured Daniher, your mob has McKernan and Stewart who are no beaters.

Try and stay on topic though.

Richo would have dragged the average up even if a Bartlett was on the other Wing.

He would have been the tallest wingman by 3 or 4 inches in his time.
Huh?

Richo 1.97m is smaller than Westhoff 1.99m!

Ryan Burton at 1.91m, so no idea about your Bartlett comment as name me another side that average 1.95m wingmen... not just 1.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Talking about the 'HOFF' and a bit of Wingard

1550673944969.png

If not a suitable thread feel free to delete

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sometimes you need to give quality, to get quality.

I wish the kid all the best and was crossing my fingers and toes that he'd make it to our pick in his draft year, however we've seen his ceiling and to be honest, you'd have to be crazy to believe his is higher than THE CHAD!

When he comes into our side, with a point to prove and goes BANG you'll all be calling it a masterstroke.

I'm thinking that he'll be a strong chance to make another AA squad as well, while young Burton will be a solid rebounding defender at a bottom 4 side.

While it's definitely unfortunate, he is collateral damage and I trust the club to deliver the goods as they usually do.

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2010
Bunbartha
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
Sometimes you need to give quality, to get quality.

I wish the kid all the best and was crossing my fingers and toes that he'd make it to our pick in his draft year, however we've seen his ceiling and to be honest, you'd have to be crazy to believe his is higher than THE CHAD!

When he comes into our side, with a point to prove and goes BANG you'll all be calling it a masterstroke.

I'm thinking that he'll be a strong chance to make another AA squad as well, while young Burton will be a solid rebounding defender at a bottom 4 side.

While it's definitely unfortunate, he is collateral damage and I trust the club to deliver the goods as they usually do.

Burton is not simply a solid rebounding defender, he is a very good player capable of being an All Australian. No way have we seen his ceiling.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Burton is not simply a solid rebounding defender, he is a very good player capable of being an All Australian. No way have we seen his ceiling.

Seeing how he was being continued to be played out of position, then I beg to differ.

I honestly see Burton as either a HFF or possibly a wingman, and he does have the traits to become an elite player of the competition, but as a rebounding defender, we have seen his ceiling.

I'll take a proven multiple AA over a potential one any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Don't get me wrong, when rumours of him being involved in the trade came to light, I was hoping that we'd find another way, but as I previously said, sometimes you need to give quality, to get quality.

Are you saying that you'd rather Burton than Wingard?

Seeing how he was being continued to be played out of position, then I beg to differ.

I honestly see Burton as either a HFF or possibly a wingman, and he does have the traits to become an elite player of the competition, but as a rebounding defender, we have seen his ceiling.

I'll take a proven multiple AA over a potential one any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Don't get me wrong, when rumours of him being involved in the trade came to light, I was hoping that we'd find another way, but as I previously said, sometimes you need to give quality, to get quality.

Are you saying that you'd rather Burton than Wingard?

Lol what bullshit is this? He called you out on a stupid statement you made about a 21 year old with two years of senior football behind him and you go and pull out this ridiculous strawman.

Back