Competitions Ultimate Footy II

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in as Second Chance....might draft a bit better this time around...

Just a question. Is there a better scoring category than free kicks we can use that has more relevance on the game? It really is an interpretation and can vary so much?

Also is the draft one hour each pick and will it lock out overnight? I'm busy Wed / Thursday but I'll set my players and check in as I can. Friday night I'm home with no wifey distractions and can smash through a draft (both footy and of the liquid variety)

Just a question. Is there a better scoring category than free kicks we can use that has more relevance on the game? It really is an interpretation and can vary so much?

Also is the draft one hour each pick and will it lock out overnight? I'm busy Wed / Thursday but I'll set my players and check in as I can. Friday night I'm home with no wifey distractions and can smash through a draft (both footy and of the liquid variety)

I've had leagues where each cat is worth 2 points bar FA FF and % which is worth just 1 point

Hey there, I can have another look at the points for free kicks given away and gained, I have made it one point for a free and -1 for against (it was set as -3).

The draft will start at 8.00pm and each pick will get an hour. The draft will be between the hours of 8.00am to 10.00pm, but I can reduce the time to say 8:00pm if that is difficult for people. So set your pre draft orders now, if you think you will be busy otherwise.

I have also enabled captains.

I've had leagues where each cat is worth 2 points bar FA FF and % which is worth just 1 point

Ours is set currently at:
HO - 1
Tackles - 4
Free- 1
Free/a - -1
Goals - 6
Behind 1
Disposals 1

Anything there we should increase?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wondering if there was another category that was more relevant than free kicks.

I've lost so many league games because of the free kick tally and it is almost impossible to draft for who is going to get or give away frees

There is no other category, but I can simply just remove free kicks as a category. Is everyone else happy with that?

Ok we have nine players now, just need another three minimum.

Just to clarify are you intending a category or a points system? At present it sems to be a points system. I must admit I enjoyed the category system but not the weightings which i reckon the points system better reflects actual footy ie goals weighted 6x more valuable more than hitouts)

Also if going with points i think tackles are being overrated with them being valued more than kicks and marks. Old fashioned but I prefer to recognise players who actually get the pill.

Also happy if the crapshoot.that is frees is completely removed but your comp - your rules.

Just had a look and note you have set for.disposals as 1 and tackles as 4? Are disposals part of the stats plus package? If so you may want to differentiate based on effective vs ineffective vs contested disposals

Last edited:
Ah this is points. My comment have been based on categories. So looking through the settings it has squads of 27?

Is this proposed as a keeper?

Whoa guys, I’m normally just a participant, so happy to be guided by those who know the game better. Also, it’s our game, not mine, I have done it for the board, so I will go along with the majority regarding rules. So I have set it as points based, is that ok with everyone?

I can adjust disposals, so tackles four, kicks three handballs two, does that sound ok?

Whoa guys, I’m normally just a participant, so happy to be guided by those who know the game better. Also, it’s our game, not mine, I have done it for the board, so I will go along with the majority regarding rules. So I have set it as points based, is that ok with everyone?

I can adjust disposals, so tackles four, kicks three handballs two, does that sound ok?
Sorry DRB, you are copping the pent up energy of a group of coaches who are champing at the bit to get coaching and feel let down...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back