News Practice Game v Suns - Feb 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Best part of that game was definitely Dylan going into a rant about why something grouped into sixths isn't called a quarter.

Going to be a good season

What role did Eminem play in the loss?

That's the double edged sword of social media isn't it. The boys are certainly enjoying themselves. Seem to be on tour almost every weekend with concerts and events throughout the week. NTTAWWT of course. If they play well this year nobody will care. However if things don't go according to plan there is plenty of ammunition for us followers in suggesting football is not as important to them as it should be.

marooned I assume no news is good news ie. no injuries?

Harris Andrews forward, didn't sound like it went too well?

Did Lincoln McCarthy play and if so how did he go?

marooned I assume no news is good news ie. no injuries?

Harris Andrews forward, didn't sound like it went too well?

Did Lincoln McCarthy play and if so how did he go?
Good news with no injuries.
Harris forward wasnt great with numerous times our talls flying together for no result.Harris and Hippy didnt take a grab.Big O got a couple and Mcstay got a couple on the hit up lead.Most dangerous was Charlie he is lightning and looks back and ready to fire.
McCarthy played alot of minutes without any impact.Didnt seem to get to the right places drop of the ball.

We were there. Just too busy watching all of our goals to post ;):cool: About 3950 Suns fans and 50 Lions fans.

Wow, amazing you guys managed to get your entire fanbase out to the game!

It's all good - we lost, but are currently still second on the ladder :D

GC just inside the eight.

That's the double edged sword of social media isn't it. The boys are certainly enjoying themselves. Seem to be on tour almost every weekend with concerts and events throughout the week. NTTAWWT of course. If they play well this year nobody will care. However if things don't go according to plan there is plenty of ammunition for us followers in suggesting football is not as important to them as it should be.

Have noticed quite a few festivals and concerts on players profiles and instagrams presume they aren’t on the waters

Have noticed quite a few festivals and concerts on players profiles and instagrams presume they aren’t on the waters

Same. Can't believe they are enjoying their time off away from footy responsibly. I was hoping for a little more Rocky (not Rockliff) type training from the boys this off season, not this whole enjoying life thing.

1b5176ccb7fb1c105decfc4758e0a153.gif

A few things from this afternoon.
Spoke to J Lyons after the game and said that was pretty average he agreed but also said no need to panic and they will be better for the run.

Sitting next to Fages was brilliant and he was giving clear direction to the players on the bench and coming on and off the ground.He is the man to take us forward over the next few years.

He wasnt happy with a few things such as going wide into our forward line."We have 3 200 cm blokes go to the top of the square"
Wanted us to take the game on with a inbound kick.Not the slow play around the boundary must have said this at least 1/2 a dozen times.
Coughing up the ball in close and releasing it instead of keeping it in, stray handballs etc.
The first two qtrs were pretty ordinary pressure wise when their was some heat in the game and G.C beat us pretty convincingly.
Last two qtrs we got to see some of our draftees.Really impressed with Ely at stoppages and Tom Joyce moves well.
Average game but no need to get to worried only first hit out and still a month till rd 1.
Any questions happy to answer if I can

Did McCarthy play?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, amazing you guys managed to get your entire fanbase out to the game!
Yeah just a pity your players didn’t show up until the fifth period. ;)
Seriously though it’s great now we have these two sides that can play a preseason game against each other up here at a good stadium. As a supporter of both sides both me and my old man who remember having to travel to all the Bears games down there in the mud and rain with no facilities in the 80s both marvelled at far footy has come in Queensland.
Don’t be concerned about the result. Means nothing given the teams and different approaches taken by both coaches. McLuggage and Berry didn’t come on until the 4th or 5th period and the game changed when the did. Eli Smith is going to be a bull for you in the coming years. Impressed with him. Was up against Bowes at centre bounces and held his own. Archie Smith is really improving and has a bit of aggression about him which is always good for a ruckman to have.

Yeah just a pity your players didn’t show up until the fifth period. ;)
Seriously though it’s great now we have these two sides that can play a preseason game against each other up here at a good stadium. As a supporter of both sides both me and my old man who remember having to travel to all the Bears games down there in the mud and rain with no facilities in the 80s both marvelled at far footy has come in Queensland.
Don’t be concerned about the result. Means nothing given the teams and different approaches taken by both coaches. McLuggage and Berry didn’t come on until the 4th or 5th period and the game changed when the did. Eli Smith is going to be a bull for you in the coming years. Impressed with him. Was up against Bowes at centre bounces and held his own. Archie Smith is really improving and has a bit of aggression about him which is always good for a ruckman to have.
Clugga was on from the start left half way through the 5th qtr when he had reached game time quota

Clugga was on from the start left half way through the 5th qtr when he had reached game time quota
I really focused on Suns. Who played in midfield first half? No doubt Cameron stood out from Lions team. He's unbelievable. Also one could see Neale's class. Also Archie handled Nicholls easily.

I really focused on Suns. Who played in midfield first half? No doubt Cameron stood out from Lions team. He's unbelievable. Also one could see Neale's class. Also Archie handled Nicholls easily.
Neale,Lyons pinch hitting from clugga Bailey and matho.But your midfield was alot better in those first 3 qtrs.

Appreciate some mail on how some of my Ballarat Rebel's lads went Jarrod, Hughey, Cedric and in particular Tommy Berry?

Appreciate some mail on how some of my Ballarat Rebel's lads went Jarrod, Hughey, Cedric and in particular Tommy Berry?
Get out of here. Watch the game yourself and find out or read the thread you lazy drongo.

Ffs opposition supporters coming in after a big loss demanding s**t.

Get out of here. Watch the game yourself and find out or read the thread you lazy drongo.

Ffs opposition supporters coming in after a big loss demanding s**t.

Absolutely no need for this. Bicks is always repectful here, and always talks up the Berrys. Also- he’s in Adelaide and it wasn’t streamed, so how is he going to watch it??

You're correct but they apparently decided to not if he just retired.
Sorry but they can’t just decide to leave it alone. Carlton would open themselves up to some pretty serious action from the privacy commissioner if they did so.

Absolutely no need for this. Bicks is always repectful here, and always talks up the Berrys. Also- he’s in Adelaide and it wasn’t streamed, so how is he going to watch it??

Yeah not sure I'd take BP seriously. Bicks disregard him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back