Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
lol like we wont see this a dozen times during the season, I get it they are not as skilled as the men but some of the comments are just stupid.

No we will not see someone running into goal with zero pressure miss someone standing alone a dozen times

Once maybe and that’s a maybe

TheFool

Cancelled
May 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Huntington and Lochland named on the ground to play on Sunday, Toogood and Moody dropped. Blackburn still in, so must have recovered well :) Bartlett and Brown named on the extended bench.

She was out of the team, but Belinda Smith is also out for the season with a ruptured Achilles.

We won't be winning it this year but I hope we ruin the seasons of everyone we play from hereon out.

footyknut

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Surely there’s no way that Blackburn plays. Her leg was convulsing and she had no idea where she was.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Surely there’s no way that Blackburn plays. Her leg was convulsing and she had no idea where she was.
No concussion symptoms apparently. You can get concussion without being knocked out, and knocked out without getting concussion.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

footyknut

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
No concussion symptoms apparently. You can get concussion without being knocked out, and knocked out without getting concussion.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
That is true, but just because a player doesn’t show signs of concussion when tested doesn’t mean that there a brain trauma hasn’t occurred.
Blackburn looked severely affected by the knock.

Looks like we infected Brisbane with whatever the hell was wrong with us last week.

I think some games teams rise for, Brisbane did for us last week, but you can’t maintain it consistently. Same as the Roos, the umpires got them the win last week.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
It felt like the Bulldog tackles went unrewarded, while Freo’s were always rewarded, did it seem inconsistent to anyone else?
Yes.

I switched the TV off after the play-on call when the Fremantle forward was tackled trying to kick a goal and failed to make any contact with the ball.

Yes.

I switched the TV off after the play-on call when the Fremantle forward was tackled trying to kick a goal and failed to make any contact with the ball.

Didn’t she get a goal out of that free as well?

Back