Discussion COMPLETED eBay Auctions of AFL Guernseys - NO LIVE AUCTIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

There has been some odd listings lately, a heap of WCE PUMA player issues in Medium with #25 on the back, and some with SGI logos.

Weirdest one was that gold indigenous PI with the SGI logo.

I thought Puma used #12 for their samples / prototypes?

They did a photo shoot with the players wearing the SGI player issues. So they are out there somewhere

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

From memory, on the night they were announced, I don’t reckon they were player issues. Then there was a photo shoot with Lecca in a navy wings with the oval sgio logo, and I think they shopped the SGi onto that. So I don’t know if there’d anything other than a few prototype player issues floating around. Doubt there’d be a complete set out there

Those eagles vfl blue wings prices are ridiculous considering they are missing the felt. I have one in unworn condition I’d take $1k for. . . . . .

Sorry for the double post, here's some more for you guys. The Chris Obst jumper is a ripper.
q0lVT95.jpg
lLhyOYg.jpg
m1PmorT.jpg
tF47hIw.jpg
pqcfykb.jpg
nWRttIj.jpg
XyJ6sg3.jpg
MmeSZik.jpg
erFmRGz.jpg
krdQrae.jpg

$300 for a pre-owned Retail West Coast Eagles Heritage seems a bit pricey.

That Christ Obst was dirt cheap.

I saw the Tiges guernsey and wondered if it was legit. Obviously not.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All of the Richmond Grand Final Player Issues are fakes sold by the same guy or by people who purchased them not knowing they were fakes and are reselling them. If it was a real Alex Rance Grand Final PI the price would be 10x what that sold for. Pretty sure someone forked out close to $800 for a fake Dusty months ago, not sure if he realised it was a fake or not (surprisingly, some people don't care if they are fake...)

Grand final logo is a giveaway like FXD said, looks shithouse compared to the real thing.

All of the Richmond Grand Final Player Issues are fakes sold by the same guy or by people who purchased them not knowing they were fakes and are reselling them. If it was a real Alex Rance Grand Final PI the price would be 10x what that sold for. Pretty sure someone forked out close to $800 for a fake Dusty months ago, not sure if he realised it was a fake or not (surprisingly, some people don't care if they are fake...)

Grand final logo is a giveaway like FXD said, looks shithouse compared to the real thing.

To be fair buried in the description it states it is a replica.

To be fair buried in the description it states it is a replica.

His only put that in there for the Richmond Grand Final PI's. He used to sell heritage/other rare guernseys and never put it in there. Probably had a few chargebacks I'd say so has adjusted his method. Illegal regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory, on the night they were announced, I don’t reckon they were player issues. Then there was a photo shoot with Lecca in a navy wings with the oval sgio logo, and I think they shopped the SGi onto that. So I don’t know if there’d anything other than a few prototype player issues floating around. Doubt there’d be a complete set out there

Yes as seen in the video from the launch, the photoshoot was done in SGIO guernseys, and the SGI guernsey pictured is just a mock up done in some design software. Subsequent photos of Lecca in an SGI guernsey have had the SGI logo photoshopped on.

Few interesting items I've seen recently and had been meaning to post for a while.

Firstly, a 1998 PI Grand Final Crows jumper. Had 21 on the back (Trent Ormond-Allen) who didn't play in the Grand Final. The biggest issue with this jumper is the signatures. If it was the Premiership team it'd be fine, but it appears to have signatures from players who weren't on the list until after 1998 (Ken McGregor, 1999; Scott Welsh, 2000), so its a bit weird. One of those situations where the signatures ruin the jumper. I'd have been all over it without them. Went for nearly $400 in the end.

1998 Crows GF Jumper.png

Next up, a vinyl Fitzroy carry bag from the 70s. Condition was a little rough - understandable given its age - but I just thought it was a pretty cool item that would probably be pretty rare these days. went for $157.

Fitzroy Bag.png

Finally, something I was really keen on but just kinda forgot about and I'm kicking myself because it went super cheap too. The unused 2004-05 adidas Socceroos kit. Would have been one of the all time greats if not for Soccer Australia becoming the FFA and switching to Nike. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think there would be that many of these around (I certainly haven't seen many, if any). For 25 bucks it was an absolute steal.

04 Socceroos.png

Wow. Maybe the Crows collectors scene isn’t what I thought it was. If that was a 92 or 94 West Coast Grand Final player issue with a few sigs from later years players it would still go for a grand at least. Under $400 is still a bit of a steal surely.

But just reinforces my belief that signatures ruin a guernsey. Keep ‘em clean people, for chrissakes.

Wow. Maybe the Crows collectors scene isn’t what I thought it was. If that was a 92 or 94 West Coast Grand Final player issue with a few sigs from later years players it would still go for a grand at least. Under $400 is still a bit of a steal surely.

But just reinforces my belief that signatures ruin a guernsey. Keep ‘em clean people, for chrissakes.
I'd be very interested if I saw that! Must have slipped under my radar, but I see a lot more awesome West Coast jumpers than Crows ones unfortunately.

I rarely see cool Crows stuff on ebay. It’s usually just shitty sekem retails from 1994 that people think are worth $300.

Few interesting items I've seen recently and had been meaning to post for a while.

Firstly, a 1998 PI Grand Final Crows jumper. Had 21 on the back (Trent Ormond-Allen) who didn't play in the Grand Final. The biggest issue with this jumper is the signatures. If it was the Premiership team it'd be fine, but it appears to have signatures from players who weren't on the list until after 1998 (Ken McGregor, 1999; Scott Welsh, 2000), so its a bit weird. One of those situations where the signatures ruin the jumper. I'd have been all over it without them. Went for nearly $400 in the end.

View attachment 625059

Next up, a vinyl Fitzroy carry bag from the 70s. Condition was a little rough - understandable given its age - but I just thought it was a pretty cool item that would probably be pretty rare these days. went for $157.

View attachment 625060

Finally, something I was really keen on but just kinda forgot about and I'm kicking myself because it went super cheap too. The unused 2004-05 adidas Socceroos kit. Would have been one of the all time greats if not for Soccer Australia becoming the FFA and switching to Nike. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think there would be that many of these around (I certainly haven't seen many, if any). For 25 bucks it was an absolute steal.

View attachment 625058

damn!!!!!! why cant i find Power final jumpers at that price! hell id take a 2007 granny jumper for $400!!
at that price id have got it and tried to remove the sigs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back