Mega Thread The Questions Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half a gram? Man I'd give that to you. It's a shame you can't just ask your students.

I have diverticular disease and am pretty much in constant pain. Someone on a Facebook group for Diverticulitis said he is pretty much pain free with cannabis.

I have diverticular disease and am pretty much in constant pain. Someone on a Facebook group for Diverticulitis said he is pretty much pain free with cannabis.
Have you tried buying oils/spray from overseas? They might get through customs, they might not. Otherwise, do you do any sport or anything in large social circles where you can ask someone. Even if they don't smoke guaranteed out of a group of 5 or so people one will know someone.

Bought a per-packaged sandwich that said "hand made". How on earth would they otherwise be made??

Have you tried buying oils/spray from overseas? They might get through customs, they might not. Otherwise, do you do any sport or anything in large social circles where you can ask someone. Even if they don't smoke guaranteed out of a group of 5 or so people one will know someone.

Haven't I told anyone yet that I do CrossFit?

If my car engine light is on what do I do? Take it to a mechanic?
Put some insulation tape over the light so you can't see it ..

there might be an operating manual in the glove box which will explain what the various dash alerts represent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone ever converted a double carport/garage into a habitable living space (like a bedroom, bathroom living area?)
Any tips or stuff to think about?

I am considering it. I am able to do it in such a way that my existing lockup storeroom at the back could remain as could some space for open storage. So I wouldn't lose storage.
And my driveway is also quite large that I could easily still park 2 cars in front of it (and still have room for 2 visitor cars).

Has anyone ever converted a double carport/garage into a habitable living space (like a bedroom, bathroom living area?)

I am considering it. I am able to do it in such a way that my existing lockup storeroom at the back could remain as could some space for open storage. So I wouldn't lose storage.
And my driveway is also quite large that I could easily still park 2 cars in front of it (and still have room for 2 visitor cars).

Check with council, check and check again. Ceiling height, insulation, ventilation, smoke detectors are some of the things that need to be to code.

FWIW- my flatmate bought a flat with an illegal garage that was converted into a bedroom (I lived in it, quite happily for 10 years)- until a neighbour with their nose out of joint filed a complaint, and i have to vacate it within a month.

So make sure its legal, so a-hole neighbours cant do anything.

But yeah, I loved it. Was bigger than the master bedroom in the flat, and we still had complete privacy from each other- was great.

yeh I would do it all legal, council approved and the like. I would also need body corporate approval. but that should all be fine.
the ceiling height looks good and the existing concrete pad probably does not have a vapour lining under it (as its a garage) but I can put one on top and raise the floor level and put down a raised wooden floor I think.
it would be quite a large space. probably 5m by 4m

yeh I would do it all legal, council approved and the like. I would also need body corporate approval. but that should all be fine.
the ceiling height looks good and the existing concrete pad probably does not have a vapour lining under it (as its a garage) but I can put one on top and raise the floor level and put down a raised wooden floor I think.
it would be quite a large space. probably 5m by 4m

Have good cooling. That's the other thing I'll say.

Install a proper air con, because those *ers heat up so easily.

Yeah thats huge- are you going to do a kitchenette + ensuite? Mine was just a bedroom, used the flat for kitchen + the bathroom.

they may just flat out not let you do it depending on the rules in your area

Have good cooling. That's the other thing I'll say.

Install a proper air con, because those ******s heat up so easily.

Yeah thats huge- are you going to do a kitchenette + ensuite? Mine was just a bedroom, used the flat for kitchen + the bathroom.
it would just be a bedroom and bathroom but I would get the plumbing in for a kitchenette to come down the track.

so like one side is a walled off bedroom and a walled off bathroom which has say dual entry from bedroom and the living area. the other side would just be a full living area for now, but later with a kitchenette added it would be kitchen/living.

yes true
I know of a couple, but whether they are legal or not is another matter.
sometimes the cost of bringing that part of the building up to code is just too much, or sometimes it is on a part of the property that is not allowed to be part of the house but can be a garage etc

you never know til you ask though

My architect lives next door and i just spoke to him and he is doing heaps of conversions atm (teenage retreats, home offices and also living spaces for air bnb purposes). He thinks its possible the way he designed it and its spec’d out. And defn cheaper than the other option to build from scratch a similar sized building on my block. So that is exciting.

He said that the cons of doing it (losing space for cars and losing storage) wont apply in my case as i have a huge driveway and can still keep my storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back