News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
What do you mean?

Gold Coast wouldn't have the same long standing AFL networks and established host families that other clubs would
Living with the CEO? You'd be happy after a run of players leaving the AFC if we started moving draftees in to live with Fagan?

1. It's total amateur hour

2. It reeks of desperation

3. The CEO will be an ever present part of these kids lives while he tries to convince them to sign long term contracts

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Living with the CEO? You'd be happy after a run of players leaving the AFC if we started moving draftees in to live with Fagan?

1. It's total amateur hour

2. It reeks of desperation

3. The CEO will be an ever present part of these kids lives while he tries to convince them to sign long term contracts

If you want a job done properly, do it yourself? If it works, it will be a masterstroke. But it doesn't sound like a good idea. It should help them be as professional as they possibly can be. But are they going to enjoy themselves outside of footy? Go to work. Come home and live with the boss who isnt even a local. I wouldnt be happy if the Crows did it. But the word creepy implies something more sinister which is ridiculous.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If you want a job done properly, do it yourself? If it works, it will be a masterstroke. But it doesn't sound like a good idea. It should help them be as professional as they possibly can be. But are they going to enjoy themselves outside of footy? Go to work. Come home and live with the boss who isnt even a local. I wouldnt be happy if the Crows did it. But the word creepy implies something more sinister which is ridiculous.
Why not? It's not like they have to stay with Evans. They seem actually very happy with arrangements for the time being. Rankine moved out after a couple of months and lives now with Lemmens. Suns have host families (e.g. looking after academy players). Some players share houses. By the way, Evans parents live close by, that was also one of the reasons why he moved to GC, to look after them.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why not? It's not like they have to stay with Evans. They seem actually very happy with arrangements for the time being. Rankine moved out after a couple of months and lives now with Lemmens. Suns have host families (e.g. looking after academy players). Some players share houses. By the way, Evans parents live close by, that was also one of the reasons why he moved to GC, to look after them.

If its short term, then no issues at all. Get them settled in and focused and then let them be. I was commenting on the idea that it would be for the whole year. In which case, it could be stifling. Also, forget about the idea that they want to leave the gold coast. Even if they want to stay, its in their best interests to hold off on their contract until late next season. Because clubs like WB paid Boyd $7m to get him just for his potential. So if they can show some serious potential early, then the next contract offer from Gold Coast should be a lot higher than the one you are likely to put in front of them next month. So if Luko's manager is telling him, lets wait and hes putting off the contracts during the day and then going home to live with the CEO at night, its just an added layer of pressure and awkwardness that you dont want. These kids shouldnt have to face that pressure actually. It might work and a bit of guilt may just sway them to sign it early. But if I was Luko, I would not be signing anything early unless it had 7 zeros on it, because it is a serious possibility in 18 months time.

This is what the article states

“Mark and Lynne are great people. They have been looking after me and Jack Lukosius. I think we are staying there for the first year, which will be good to find our feet and settle in,” King told foxsports.com.au during Gold Coast’s recent visit to Fox Footy.

“He has a great business mind and a great footy mind, so the dinner time chats have been very interesting.

“Both of us don’t know how to cook at this stage, so they have really helped us settle in pretty well and have been so helpful with the cooking.”

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If its short term, then no issues at all. Get them settled in and focused and then let them be. I was commenting on the idea that it would be for the whole year. In which case, it could be stifling. Also, forget about the idea that they want to leave the gold coast. Even if they want to stay, its in their best interests to hold off on their contract until late next season. Because clubs like WB paid Boyd $7m to get him just for his potential. So if they can show some serious potential early, then the next contract offer from Gold Coast should be a lot higher than the one you are likely to put in front of them next month. So if Luko's manager is telling him, lets wait and hes putting off the contracts during the day and then going home to live with the CEO at night, its just an added layer of pressure and awkwardness that you dont want. These kids shouldnt have to face that pressure actually. It might work and a bit of guilt may just sway them to sign it early. But if I was Luko, I would not be signing anything early unless it had 7 zeros on it, because it is a serious possibility in 18 months time.
According to Evans Suns will talk to Lukosius, Rankine, King about contract extension within 1-2 months. Most top 10 draftees now usually sign within first year (all from the last draft?).

Suns actually never had problem with draftees contract extension. Ainsworth, Brodie, Bowes, Scrimshaw extended in their first preseason all together. Last year in the middle of Lynch mess, Ballard and Powell extended in their first year too. It will be interesting. I expect them all to add extra 2 years to their contract.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
According to Evans Suns will talk to Lukosius, Rankine, King about contract extension within 1-2 months. Most top 10 draftees now usually sign within first year (all from the last draft?).

Suns actually never had problem with draftees contract extension. Ainsworth, Brodie, Bowes, Scrimshaw extended in their first preseason all together. Last year in the middle of Lynch mess, Ballard and Powell extended in their first year too. It will be interesting. I expect them all to add extra 2 years to their contract.
He did say they’ve had discussions which haven’t progressed and they will try again in 1-2 months. If the boys don’t, it will be interesting.

Why the hell did you recruit 2 SA guns? I’d be happy for you to keep your young players just not these 2!

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
He did say they’ve had discussions which haven’t progressed and they will try again in 1-2 months. If the boys don’t, it will be interesting.

Why the hell did you recruit 2 SA guns? I’d be happy for you to keep your young players just not these 2!
Sign this or there’s no dinner tonight.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Yes, they has some preliminary discussions.

Suns turned into the HUB of SA players and also coaches. I suggest to watch Ballard too. He will be a great player.

I also have to say I like Francou and Kaesler. Hopefully, they develop young players as well as Crows!

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Luko looked all class in early play there centring to player in golasquare. Can see the reason he was so highly rated from that play alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back