Rumour Idiot on social media having a go at Ed Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

the goodes ape one i could somehow give the benefit of the doubt maybe...........big maybe. he does look like an ape

the betts one is pure racism.........******* disgraceful some campaigners these days

*****edit, just to be certain no one accuses me of some s**t about goodes, when looking through the eyes of a child (she was 12), i can see how there is a possibility she just thought he looked like an ape

the goodes ape one i could somehow give the benefit of the doubt maybe...........big maybe. he does look like an ape

the betts one is pure racism.........******* disgraceful some campaigners these days

*****edit, just to be certain no one accuses me of some s**t about goodes, when looking through the eyes of a child (she was 12), i can see how there is a possibility she just thought he looked like an ape

The defense rests your honor.

Didnt you know once you are a partner of an aboriginal that you then know what offends all aboriginals? Because all aboriginals are offended by the same things.........

Hahaha what an idiototic thing for him to say

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No what’s idiotic is your post
It makes them far better informed and entitled to an opinion than some on here

Why pigeon hole all white people mate?
Mmmmm, ok fair question I suppose. I don't think I said all white people. But just to clarify, most people are good and it's getting better, after all I'm white ok. I apologise if I hurt your feelings, but these experiences are with white people we have encountered over the years. I'm just trying to explain what my family deal with on a regular basis. I'm not trying to stir trouble. We don't complain, we just smile and get on with it. Good luck with your team this year and peace to you.

thanks for sharing this, its easy to be immune from these types of things for some of us. In my case as a 30-35 year old male in a small city of Tasmania, it is something that rarely impacts me or anyone I know. Its important then people like Eddie Betts make a stand for people without a voice IMO, or we get exposure to the stories you share, it helps.

The things you mention are pretty bad and would never excuse them, maybe they (especially the young guy at uni) just had no idea the impact of what they were saying has, and getting to hear stories of the hurt, anger, pain it causes helps to stop them being unaware imo.
Thanks mate, you're right about the young guy. My daughter didn't say he was a bad kid it's just he didn't realise he was being ignorant. She has spoken to him since, today actually. He approached her and shook her hand and said "friends?". She said "Ofcourse". She rang me to tell me that. I reckon it's great.

So you should be.

Unfortunately ignorance abounds, but the behavior has to be learnt. The old saying of, you need to a licence to have a dog but not a child is apt. Fortunately there are people like yourself and your family that are willing to stand up, be proud and educate people.
Thanks kangatime, we are a happy and grateful family. I take these things harder than my girls most of the time but we don't dwell on it. Like you said education is the key;)
Just can't wait for the bloody footy to start. Cheers.

So many of those examples resonate with my experiences, mate. A lot of them still make me angry just thinking about it.

Particularly all the “they get everything handed to them” bullshit. My partner rejected all government handouts. She wouldn’t even apply for a loan for a car for the entire time I was with her, because she didn’t want people to think she needed a helping hand because of her skin color.

Hats off to you, and your family.
Cheers mate. Things are slowly getting better, there will always be trolls and people who hate no matter what you say or do.
Eddie Betts is a hero in our household, although we don't follow his team, my girls really look up to him.

No what’s idiotic is your post
It makes them far better informed and entitled to an opinion than some on here
There's a huge difference between this what the mentioned post said. I have no doubt he would have a better grasp on these issues but the wording in the post was horrid. Genuinely thought it was sarcasm before I started reading back.

Mmmmm, ok fair question I suppose. I don't think I said all white people. But just to clarify, most people are good and it's getting better, after all I'm white ok. I apologise if I hurt your feelings, but these experiences are with white people we have encountered over the years. I'm just trying to explain what my family deal with on a regular basis. I'm not trying to stir trouble. We don't complain, we just smile and get on with it. Good luck with your team this year and peace to you.
Fair play mate. No malice intended, Same to you.

One idiot with a twitter account. I don't understand why idiots get any mindspace from anyone. It just encourages trolls to troll. Look at BF. How many idiots get their emotional neglect rocks off by trolling on here? This should have been ignored and starved of oxygen rather than elevated in status by the collective fainting spell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most alarming part for me is the influx of mouthbreathers when this sort of thing happens who condone the comments or pipe up some half-witted “but when are they going to have a white Anglo round!!1”.

Read some of the posts above and then the comments on the AFL footy show page regarding Eddie.

View attachment 624940
Yeah the dumb crap that came up when anyone said anything positive about the indigenous team was ridiculous.

“Is it cool to segregate people on a bus, too?” Type of thing.

Awful, small people with their awful, small opinions.

If the poster said 'Monkey See Monkey Do' towards any white player who walked into the stadium then it would automatically be assumed they were referring to the AFLs constant want for copying American sports. But it wasn't posted on anyone else's account. It wasn't on Rance's insta when he came in looking a d!ck on a skatboard or any other player. It was just on Eddie's. Targeted. Additionally the poster ran, he deleted his post and his account and ran like a guilty racist does.

The racial intent is clear and cannot be hidden with silly arguments like "it's an everyday phrase" or "...if he was white".

If you feel the need to criticize someone then that's your right but don't bring race into it.

P.S. Eddie looked like a douchebag just like every other player who waltzed into the stadium :drunk:

If the poster said 'Monkey See Monkey Do' towards any white player who walked into the stadium then it would automatically be assumed they were referring to the AFLs constant want for copying American sports. But it wasn't posted on anyone else's account. It wasn't on Rance's insta when he came in looking a d!ck on a skatboard or any other player. It was just on Eddie's. Targeted. Additionally the poster ran, he deleted his post and his account and ran like a guilty racist does.

The racial intent is clear and cannot be hidden with silly arguments like "it's an everyday phrase" or "...if he was white".

If you feel the need to criticize someone then that's your right but don't bring race into it.

P.S. Eddie looked like a douchebag just like every other player who waltzed into the stadium :drunk:
The idiot actually posted the original comment on the AFC club twitter account under a photo they posted of Eddie Betts and Shaun Burgoyne.

It's always the moral police trying to prove how self righteous they are

The phrase 'Monkey see monkey do' has been around for 100 years. It's meaning has nothing to do with race, it's about learning something without understand the meaning or mimicking. For someone to try and twist that around into a horrible and disgusting racial slur is pathetic. Too many chest beaters in our society now. This problem with this crap is when real racism occurs the nuffies are too busy beating their chests with pathetic crap like this

What a storm in a tea cup

Ok, if you were locked up in a jail in the US for example, and your cell mate was a 200cm 150
Kg ex boxer, who was also African American - would you use that term then?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's always the moral police trying to prove how self righteous they are

The phrase 'Monkey see monkey do' has been around for 100 years. It's meaning has nothing to do with race, it's about learning something without understand the meaning or mimicking. For someone to try and twist that around into a horrible and disgusting racial slur is pathetic. Too many chest beaters in our society now. This problem with this crap is when real racism occurs the nuffies are too busy beating their chests with pathetic crap like this

What a storm in a tea cup

And if you know your history, which clearly you don’t, the term originated from slavery days in the US. Used by plantation owners against their “workers”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back