2019 Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
No harm in Ross trying out what most teams have been doing for the last decade is it surely?:think:

ross lyon laughs 2.PNG

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Fyfe has always rested fwd. "We've been doing it for 3 years" In relation to Fyfe, Mundy and Walters rotation. Biggest threat to Fyfe is injury. Bit of time fwd wouldn't hurt, hard to match up on, great overhead mark, especially with the focus on Lobb and Hogan.
Fyfe will not be spending much time forward .......Freo have lost Neale & they're not flushed for midfield depth "yet" .....yes Hogan may float thru the midfield, but with his foot, he hasn't put enough Km's over PS to see this happening for anything but spurts

No, Fyfe will play lots of midfield .....my issue is more the lack of a decent ruck to feed him .....his stats were so much better with Sandilands

Fyfe will not be spending much time forward .......Freo have lost Neale & they're not flushed for midfield depth "yet" .....yes Hogan may float thru the midfield, but with his foot, he hasn't put enough Km's over PS to see this happening for anything but spurts

No, Fyfe will play lots of midfield .....my issue is more the lack of a decent ruck to feed him .....his stats were so much better with Sandilands

His scores in the back half of 2017 when sandi was out are more than good. Sorry but your theory doesnt hold up

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
His scores in the back half of 2017 when sandi was out are more than good. Sorry but your theory doesnt hold up
Who was rucking in his Sandilands abscence ? ......Who'll be rucking next season

What you're saying is a Ruckman doesn't impact a midfielders output ?

Who was rucking in his Sandilands abscence ? ......Who'll be rucking next season

What you're saying is a Ruckman doesn't impact a midfielders output ?

Sean Darcy was rucking. Go on fanfooty u can see for yourself.

Tell me who geelongs ruckman was when Danger went back to back 130+?

Or Gaj for all those year with different ruckman etc etc.

At best you could argue it makes a slight postive effect but its probably statiscally insignificant and there seems to be significant evidence to the contratry

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Sean Darcy was rucking. Go on fanfooty u can see for yourself.

Tell me who geelongs ruckman was when Danger went back to back 130+?

Or Gaj for all those year with different ruckman etc etc.

At best you could argue it makes a slight postive effect but its probably statiscally insignificant and there seems to be significant evidence to the contratry
Taking SC aside ....i can't agree, cause if I do ...you're basically saying a Ruckman has zero influence at ball ups & centre bounce

Taking SC aside ....i can't agree, cause if I do ...you're basically saying a Ruckman has zero influence at ball ups & centre bounce

But we are talking sc and not im not saying ruckman has zero influence at ball ups or centre bounce a better one will advantage their team but that is a separate topic from what we were discussing what s obvious is that for certain players it doesnt really matter who is rucking to them. Fyfe is one along with the other examples I gave.

Good convo kents...Fyfes a pig that gets his own ball, I'm more worried about taggers smashing that elbow time and time again and no other target (Neale) or any protection from big bods types like an ageing Mundy or a missing Blakely.

Neale never got tagged and Fyfe laughs at tags.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
But we are talking sc and not im not saying ruckman has zero influence at ball ups or centre bounce a better one will advantage their team but that is a separate topic from what we were discussing what s obvious is that for certain players it doesnt really matter who is rucking to them. Fyfe is one along with the other examples I gave.
I'm not being difficult here .....but by extension to this "discussion" are you saying Neale also will not influence Fyfe's scoring this year ....because of how good he is ?

So at what point do the players around you (Ruckman / Mids) impact your SC scoring ?

I'm not being difficult here .....but by extension to this "discussion" are you saying Neale also will not influence Fyfe's scoring this year ....because of how good he is ?

So at what point do the players around you (Ruckman / Mids) impact your SC scoring ?

Thats a far deeper question that is separate to the topic on hand. All players score differently. You are asking to go through and explain why all players score they way they do and then figure out what effect teammate may have on that. Sorry but not interested in doing a PHD on supercoach.

Danger "used" to laugh at tags too .....but last year he was actually getting tackled & brought to the ground ......1st time i can remember

You like how i changed subjects there :p

Yep brought all the way down to a 120 average spending significant time in the forward line. They really showed him.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Did his hammy in one of those JLT games prior to the season. Maybe age is catching up with the old boy :moustache: everyone should jump off
With his extreme physical game .....his fall away will be pronounced & quick, probably around 30 yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back