Strategy 2019 - Best 22 & Player Discussion

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
My team will be controversial & it is for a best possible 22, injuries all gone:

B Ryan Hamling Logue
HB Wilson Pearce S Hill
C B Hill Mundy Langdon
HF Switkowski Hogan Walters
F Lobb Taberner Matera
R Sandilands Fyfe Conca
IC Blakely Giro Cerra Banfield

E Darcy Colyer Cox Brayshaw Hughes

Midfield rotations thus:
Runners B Hill Langdon Giro
Distributors: Mundy Cerra S Hill
Extractors: Fyfe Blakely Walters
Defenders: Conca Banfield.

Runners to play outside wing type roles.
Extractors to hunt the ball & give to distributors, ideally.
Defenders to block when we are winning the ruck, but to defend opposition mids primarily.

I know there will be those screaming for Brayshaw in particular & he was my next mid defender I would choose, & I ran out of mids. Ideally, it would be 3 of each type, so I had to drop one & I think the 3 runners will provide defensive support, particularly if they can rotate as a trio. Huge running power there.
There will also be those wanting McCarthy & especially Cox, but I couldn't fit them in.
Ditto Duman, but I have him behind both Logue & even Hughes who I think has potential.
And of course Sandi over Darcy is a big call. I think Darcy will be our number 1 ruck in actuality, but this is pie in the sky best 22, IMO

Come at me :cool:

No Brayshaw = delusional!

And for others in the thread - Brayshaw is much more than a tackling machine. He is actually pretty good at retaining possession and making sound decisions while under pressure - essential qualities for a fine inside mid.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
No Brayshaw = delusional!

And for others in the thread - Brayshaw is much more than a tackling machine. He is actually pretty good at retaining possession and making sound decisions while under pressure - essential qualities for a fine inside mid.
I hope you're right, but I haven't seen it yet
I see him as primarily a defensive mid due to a lack of weaponry but with an excellent attitude.
As for the forwards, if Hogan & Tsberner can play as twin chf's with Lobb deep, the smalls will be able to feast on any crumbs that fall to ground

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hope you're right, but I haven't seen it yet
I see him as primarily a defensive mid due to a lack of weaponry but with an excellent attitude.
As for the forwards, if Hogan & Tsberner can play as twin chf's with Lobb deep, the smalls will be able to feast on any crumbs that fall to ground

Sorry but is this a joke? Just watch his first quarter of AFL footy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
There is absolutely no way Brayshaw isn’t best 22.

Whether it’s because he deserves it or was pick 2 in the draft is up for you to decide but imo picking Banfield and Giro ahead of him is laughable.

I’m always picking him on the bench which probably makes him borderline but they’ll always fit him in without fail.

Last edited:

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
maybe, but then I saw the Out:Hamling suggestion (based on one screenshot) and I got a little triggered.
Stop discouraging them... it gives me an excuse to write massively long essays in response and distract myself from doing something probably more productive but far more boring.

edit - more boring for me that is - no denying my diatribe on here is often boring for you mob :)

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Stop discouraging them... it gives me an excuse to write massively long essays in response and distract myself from doing something probably more productive but far more boring.

edit - more boring for me that is - no denying my diatribe on here is often boring for you mob :)

no. i've spent ~10 years killing my productivity on this site and i'm taking as many as i can with me before I burn out

Huh? My post has nothing to do with Giro. Brayshaw is clearly ahead of Giro.
Thats the main point of why Yyou's team and dislike of AB is next level and why its funny. I can understand thinking he hasnt shown enough to warrant pick 2, I disagree, but I understand. In no world will I understand having Giro in the team ahead of him

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Do you think him or Giro is a) better now or b) will be a better player in 5 years
I chose Giro not over Brayshaw as they are different types of players
For my team balance I wanted 3 endurance runners & only 2 defensive mids & I happen to rate both Conca & Banfield better than Brayshaw at this stage, so the question should be who do I think will be better in 5 years time out of Brayshaw, Banfield & Conca?
My answer is I reckon Banfield will be the best at that stage with Brayshaw next & Conca probably worn out by then, however who knows if another defensive mid such as Valente becomes one of the top 2.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Is there really anyone here that isn't aware of yyou's anti-Brayshaw tirade?

Kenny_01 don't worry about his comments on it. He's been peddling this crap since we didn't draft LDU and is in WAY too deep to backtrack now.
No no no no no
It wasn't just LDU that I preferred over Brayshaw, but a number of players & if anybody can name a game (besides a derby as I don't watch the f¥ckers) where he was anything special so I can re-watch it.
My best 22 didn't include him due to team balance, but if I was going more defensive it could.
Just because he is one of ours it doesn't mean he needs to be lauded.
I mean at this point yyou is kinda taking the piss, I dont mind it, its entertaining and funny.
100% serious

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
No no no no no
It wasn't just LDU that I preferred over Brayshaw, but a number of players & if anybody can name a game (besides a derby as I don't watch the f¥ckers) where he was anything special so I can re-watch it.
My best 22 didn't include him due to team balance, but if I was going more defensive it could.
Just because he is one of ours it doesn't mean he needs to be lauded.

100% serious

You haven't got him in your best 22 because of an irrational hatred towards him. Courage, work ethic and ability he has in spades. Will lead our midfield in the future and win a Brownlow.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
You haven't got him in your best 22 because of an irrational hatred towards him. Courage, work ethic and ability he has in spades. Will lead our midfield in the future and win a Brownlow.
I don't hate him at all.
In fact I like him, as he is one of ours & hope he proves me wrong.
As for a Brownlow, I'd love to see it, but I reckon he is closer to Sandover level.
I know most on here adore Andy, but just because he is ours we don't need to look at him with rose coloured glasses.
Anyway, that's the last response by me on this thread.
I've given MY OPINION & I stand by it.
Given that Brayshaw will in all likelihood play the majority of games, I'd love him to star.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't hate him at all.
As for a Brownlow, I'd love to see it, but I reckon he is closer to Sandover level.
I know most on here adore Andy, but just because he is ours we don't need to look at him with rose coloured glasses.
Given that Brayshaw will in all likelihood play the majority of games, I'd love him to star.

You state Banfield has more potential than Brayshaw. Can't take your opinion on Brayshaw seriously with crap like that. ;)

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
My answer is I reckon Banfield will be the best at that stage with Brayshaw next & Conca probably worn out by then, however who knows if another defensive mid such as Valente becomes one of the top 2.
When did Valente turn into a defensive mid? Is it his dual sided kicking that leads you to that opinion?

Nov 28, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
none
I don't hate him at all.
Gee mate I don’t know how you come up with that...,I strongly disagree. I think Brayshaw will be A grade.

Back