Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pretenders (The Bottom Ten, Top 22 Disposals and Games Played)

North Melbourne: 7,450 Disposals from 429 Games.

Adelaide: 7,352 Disposals from 399 Games.

Port Adelaide: 7,523 Disposals from 425 Games.

Essendon: 7,357 Disposals from 401 Games.

Brisbane: 7,506 Disposals from 423 Games.

Western Bulldogs: 7,282 Disposals from 375 Games.

St Kilda: 7,185 Disposals from 372 Games.

Fremantle: 6,712 Disposals from 383 Games.

Carlton: 6,344 Disposals from 365 Games.

Gold Coast: 6,180 from 377 Games.

Ah Continuity you cold and heartless bitch, the optimum games available would be
22 x 22 = 484. It's amazing how many of the bottom ten teams actually become
top eight sides when you split the best 22 disposers into 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, and
16-22 it is very illuminating and shows the value of depth to a game plan. As
usual just bread crumbs on the trail just like Hansel and Gretel. The Bulldogs
Disposal Average is (19.42) the best of the bottom ten teams from their top 22
disposers, pity about the efficiency and goal kicking though.

Ordering the top eight sides (2015 to 2018)

2018:
Collingwood: (3.33)
Melbourne: (4.00)
Geelong: (5.66)
GWS: (6.00)
Richmond: (8.00)
Sydney: (10.66)
Hawthorn: (11.00)
West Coast: (11.33) Premiers.

2017:
Adelaide: (4.00)
GWS: (6.00)
Port Adelaide: (6.33)
Essendon: (8.00)
Sydney: (9.00)
West Coast: (9.33)
Geelong: (9.33)
Richmond: (9.33) Premiers.

2016:
Adelaide: (3.00)
GWS: (4.00)
Bulldogs: (4.66) Premiers.
Sydney: (5.00)
Geelong: (6.00)
North Melbourne: (11.00)
West Coast: (11.00)
Hawthorn: (12.66)

2015:
Sydney: (5.00)
West Coast: (5.00)
Hawthorn: (6.00) Premiers.
Adelaide: (6.00)
Fremantle: (6.66)
Bulldogs: (8.00)
North Melbourne: (10.00)
Richmond: (10.66)

Maybe a look into the modern game where what have been regarded in the past to be important
statistics are now not as important as they once were and have been replaced by a statistical
dominance linked more to a specific game style. We did not finish seventh on the ladder in 2016
in every measurement, worthy premiers if you take the lowest number to be better which it is.

What does Peter Gordon say at the very end of his season launch speech. It cuts out

Ummmmm Yojimbo what do those numbers represent??? o_O
A simple extrapolation of three key statistics across four years that shows how in the last few years you can bottom
out in certain areas yet specialize in other areas to win the flag. There are always factors in sport that you can't
measure, but for us 2015 (8.00), 2016 (4.66), 2017 (9.33) and 2018 (10.66) seems to make a lot of sense as
do the figures for all the teams. I just don't show the formulas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A simple extrapolation of three key statistics across four years that shows how in the last few years you can bottom
out in certain areas yet specialize in other areas to win the flag. There are always factors in sport that you can't
measure, but for us 2015 (8.00), 2016 (4.66), 2017 (9.33) and 2018 (10.66) seems to make a lot of sense as
do the figures for all the teams. I just don't show the formulas.
I figured there was a division by three involved from the numbers, but still don't know what they mean!

What does Peter Gordon say at the very end of his season launch speech. It cuts out
I can't be stuffed watching either Bevo or Gordon's speech so was posting to get a summary of both if you or anyone would be so kind.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Don't know where else to do this post, this thread seemed most appropriate). Hi, Sorry for the intrusion but I was doing some op shopping at the Carnegie Salvation army store and I came across this and I thought someone here might be interested in giving it a good home (since I don't have any Bulldog friends). It's dimensions are 68 x 48 cm and I checked the back and it is professionally framed. Also sorry that I included such a large picture but I wanted you guys to be able to read the player names. As for how much they are asking $7, which if it were Richmond at that price I would have been thrilled. Also obviously call before hand just in case it gets snapped up. Hope someone does want it and well done last night, very entertaining!

Bulldogs picture.JPG

Beveridge met up with some old players and officials this week for a chat on how the Dogs were shaping up for 2019.

Left to right: Ilia Grgic Ron McGowan Grant Simmons Paul O’Connor Graeme Joslin Rob Gration Philip O'Keeffe Jack Dinatale Ross Abbey Steve Smith luke Beveridge Ted Whitten Allan Stoneham Ron Simmons Ian Morrison Stewie Magee Peter Welsh Rod Austin Gordon Casey

1553855960047.png

Something about seeing my boyhood idols as old men troubles me. I think it's a form of Peter Pan syndrome. I have this image of them in their athletic prime and the 2019 image isn't quite so flattering.

I have a similar problem with the mirror.

Tonight's game is putting some perspective on our Sunday clash with Hawthorn.

Last week we beat Sydney at our home ground, surviving a late burst.
The same weekend Hawthorn comfortably beat Adelaide at what is normally their fortress.
Tonight Adelaide are easily accounting for Sydney on the Swans' home ground.

Taking a line through that form you'd have to rank the four clubs as follows:
1.Hawthorn
<daylight>
2.Adelaide
3.Western Bulldogs
4.Sydney

Hawthorn must go in as strong favourites for Sunday.

Something about seeing my boyhood idols as old men troubles me. I think it's a form of Peter Pan syndrome. I have this image of them in their athletic prime and the 2019 image isn't quite so flattering.

I have a similar problem with the mirror.
There is no delusion like .........😉

Tonight's game is putting some perspective on our Sunday clash with Hawthorn.

Last week we beat Sydney at our home ground, surviving a late burst.
The same weekend Hawthorn comfortably beat Adelaide at what is normally their fortress.
Tonight Adelaide are easily accounting for Sydney on the Swans' home ground.

Taking a line through that form you'd have to rank the four clubs as follows:
1.Hawthorn
<daylight>
2.Adelaide
3.Western Bulldogs
4.Sydney

Hawthorn must go in as strong favourites for Sunday.

wouldn't it be nice is form was so easy to read

Interesting little interview with Dahlhaus on channel 7's half time break

Pretty much summarized why he left the Bulldogs and his mindset, in short

Wasn't enjoying his football no more
Got to the point where he was hoping he would get injured
Was relived when he came down with an ankle injury in round 18
Wasn't really enjoying the games even after wins
Admitted he was struggling for form, but also admitted he was frustrated in his own form as well, not like he wasn't trying, just wasn't coming together
Wanted to be that guy who was getting 30 possessions or getting four goals a game, and earning a big contract
Hated the reviews because he knew he wasn't in form, knew he would be pointed out
Knew around round 18 that it was time to move on, he started speaking to other clubs around then
Picked Geelong because he grew up in the area and was a fan of the club, and Dangerfield was pretty much in his ear
Liked the Bulldogs, but felt it was time for a career change and that he needed a fresh start to enjoy the game again

Given he is playing very well at the moment, and looks to be having fun, ended up being a good move for both Dahlhaus and the Bulldogs

Last edited:
Interesting little interview with Dahlhaus on channel 7's half time break

Pretty much summarized why he left the Bulldogs and his mindset, in short

Wasn't enjoying his football no more
Got to the point where he was hoping he would get injured
Was relived when he came down with an ankle injury in round 18
Wasn't really enjoying the games even after wins
Admitted he was struggling for form, but also admitted he was frustrated in his own form as well, not like he wasn't trying, just wasn't coming together
Wanted to be that guy who was getting 30 possessions or getting four goals a game, and earning a big contract
Hated the reviews because he knew he wasn't in form, knew he would be pointed out
Knew around round 18 that it was time to move on
Picked Geelong because he grew up in the area and was a fan of the club, and Dangerfield was pretty much in his ear
Liked the Bulldogs, but felt it was time for a career change and that he needed a fresh start to enjoy the game again

Given he is playing very well at the moment, and looks to be having fun, ended up being a good move for both Dahlhaus and the Bulldogs

You missed the bit where he said he spoke to Cats and other clubs before the end of the season. No loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back