Remove this Banner Ad

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters

It's wonderful news, and great that the club has consolidated its profits while reducing its net debt to just $450,000. A redeveloped Arden Street, revitalisation of the VFL and of course inclusion of the women's program can only serve to broaden the club's appeal for sponsorship and support. I appreciate that some see it differently, but that's life, we don't always see things the same. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

These sort of things can’t be proven, I know, Snake. However, I think Roogal raises a valid issue. Furthermore, I reckon the vast majority of it centres on the one incident where he grabbed the totally innocent passer-by back in the mid-nineties.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not that it excuses his behaviour but my understanding of the incident is that the girl/woman (Carlton supporter I believe) involved bagged Carey passing him in the street and his response was to grab her "....." and say get a decent pair (or words to that effect).

Grabbing a woman on the **** is crass behavior, but I have had women come up and grab me on the utensil back then, and I am far from any AFL pin up footballer.

What nightclub was that Snake, a mate wants to know.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I didn't do nightclubs that much and I am a long way from being a pants man.

Just pointing out that it was a different time. Nothing like this puritanical era.

Pretty sure it was the Sports Bar, it had a short life down King Street. I think Jason Moran used to go there.

The X Club.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
According to the nice glossy mag I received last week, we have 4,532 Tasmanian members, 6,765 interstate and overseas members and 27,672 Victorian members.
Those figures wouldn't add up for this year, but probably better equate to an identified trend perhaps over so many years???

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
I didn't do nightclubs that much and I am a long way from being a pants man.

Just pointing out that it was a different time. Nothing like this puritanical era.

The X Club.
Well at least it wasn't 'Club X' 😉 😉 😉

According to the nice glossy mag I received last week, we have 4,532 Tasmanian members, 6,765 interstate and overseas members and 27,672 Victorian members.
I wonder what sort of growth this constitutes in Melbourne?

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not that it excuses his behaviour but my understanding of the incident is that the girl/woman (Carlton supporter I believe) involved bagged Carey passing him in the street and his response was to grab her "....." and say get a decent pair (or words to that effect).

She was actually at the bar and taunted the team while there. They crossed paths again and that's when it happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, arrived.

Where's the fixture? Surely it's not the cardboard interior of the envelope?

I assumed so as I couldn't find anything else, but I didn't bother to even attempt it.

Those figures wouldn't add up for this year, but probably better equate to an identified trend perhaps over so many years???

I think we had around 1500 Tasmanian members before selling games there, given the lack of seating and that most games aren't sold out and the terrible weather there during winter, not sure they have an overwhelming reason to commit to a membership if they just want to go to the odd game when there isn't a typhoon blowing.

Okay, arrived.

Where's the fixture? Surely it's not the cardboard interior of the envelope?
At least they include a do it yourself stick on magnet for you to place on the back. Rather pathetic tbh.

Jun 21, 2016
Australia's Most Haunted Town
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Adelaide Giants
At least they include a do it yourself stick on magnet for you to place on the back. Rather pathetic tbh.
To be fair, it is a powerful magnet.

I will be using it to find studs in the wall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back