Racing February Daily Punt- The Winx Farewell Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Much stronger than the Hobart Cup field but hardly best ever. Go back a few years and you had geegeesblackflash, the cleaner, dream pedlar and norsqui just out of the local staying horses and Moody, Weir, Leon Macdonald have always bought horses down over the years.

Yes as I said the best ever. Far better horses today than any of those you mentioned.

Norsqui lol

Devonport....check
Hobart.....check
Launceston......check

Next stop Adelaide :)

Would it get in at Flemington? Buckley’s chance of winning but no issue a horse like him getting a start on the first Tuesday in November

geegeesblackflash, the cleaner,

Yes as I said the best ever. Far better horses today than any of those you mentioned.
giphy.gif

Best Launceston Cup field for the record would have to be 2013 I think.

Geegees Blackflash
The Cleaner
Dream Pedlar
Norsqui
Fieldmaster (Payne)
Hurdy Gurdy Man (Weir)
Lucky Angel (Vasil)
Gee Gees La Quita - won Tas 1000 Guineas and beat the Cleaner over 2200m WFA
Ollie's Gold - won Tas Derby beating Kenjorwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am not inventing anything
i have watched races for 40 years, I punted professionally from 1991 to 2003, my edge was watching every single race from start to finish before everyone had access to all the races. Iknowthedog (ashamed that i know him but oh well!) can back me up on this. I have seen hundreds of good horses been beaten in bad races because of bad luck mostly because the races had depth. Winx has won 30 in a row, I am NOT taking anything away from that, shes a star and one of the best i have seen BUT every other champion of the turf went to a new level when they reached a pinnacle. Winx has not. She is just doing the same thing over and over. No Melb or Caulfied cup, no overseas, no Everest which i think she will win by 3 lengths if set for it. Her record is being protected 100 percent. THEY DID NOT RACE HER BECAUSE BOWMAN GOT SUSPENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am not criticising Winx. Its not her fault,Is Waller and his cronies that i am critical of. Couldnt give a stuff if Winx is racing Saturday. she will kill them. I have seen it 30 times in a row already. Run her overseas, run her in the Melbourne Cup. run her in a major sprint. Make life interesting for once.

One of my big disappointments was never seeing Black CAvier let go even though she my equal favourite horse of all time, But at least she ran overseas half fit and she won a Newmarket with a big weight and had a decent horse to oppose in Hay List.
I agree with Heath here on Winx.

From a pure horse racing appreciation perspective (not punt) i found it disappointing last year connections decided against taking Winx overseas. It would have been a wonderful exclamation mark on a sensational career.

I’ll be on Ringerdingding, but gee doubt you’ll see Rainier @ 31’s again anytime soon
Made ground last start, loves Flemington makes me think may have some e/w

Best Launceston Cup field for the record would have to be 2013 I think.

Geegees Blackflash
The Cleaner
Dream Pedlar
Norsqui
Fieldmaster (Payne)
Hurdy Gurdy Man (Weir)
Lucky Angel (Vasil)
Gee Gees La Quita - won Tas 1000 Guineas and beat the Cleaner over 2200m WFA
Ollie's Gold - won Tas Derby beating Kenjorwood

Again this field shits all over that

Etymology was placed in a Derby and Fabrizio started fave in an Epsom

Norsqui - lol plz

I’ll be on Ringerdingding, but gee doubt you’ll see Rainier @ 31’s again anytime soon
Made ground last start, loves Flemington makes me think may have some e/w

If Ringerdingding runs unplaced on Saturday he will be straight in my never winning again basket. I actually think he is unders in single figures and there are plenty I'd spec ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back