2019 India vs Australia (2-match T20I series)

Ironically, Finch being so s**t may have won us the game by getting Maxwell in.

I don’t get this Finch at 3 thing. Just open and put Stoinis at 5-6 where he should be

omarlittle1

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
He’s lucky it worked out. I have doubts on him at 4. I’d personally have rather had Turner at 4, however it worked.

I like the makeup of this t20 side I’m dreading them picking Smith in a t20 side again though
I have bigger question marks over Finch being in the team at all.

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Too good from Maxwell. It was always going to be tough to defend that total with that bowling attack. Was funny hearing Haydos praise Maxwell biting his teeth lol.

Finch is really in dire form isn't he. At this rate, he might be at risk of missing the bus to the world cup although I doubt it would happen.

Do you still doubt him?
If you do, you would surely doubt everyone.

Handscomb? I have doubts on him at 4 yes, I’d rather Turner there. The more our bigger hitters face the better.

However that’s not saying it didn’t work today without Handscomb. I just worry when Maxwell isn’t going at 220 odd SR whether Handscomb can go better than just over a run a ball. That’s my doubt and going forward he needs and will need to do this a bit.

I have bigger question marks over Finch being in the team at all.

100% agreed thought his form in the back end of the BBL might have been him getting back in form but that hasn’t happened. Huge worry with a WC only a couple of months away

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
T20I AVERAGES
37.79 - Finch
34.40 - Maxwell
33.00 - Handscomb (2 inns)
32.47 - Short
26.74 - Warner
21.55 - Smith
16.12 - Stoinis

Too good from Maxwell. It was always going to be tough to defend that total with that bowling attack. Was funny hearing Haydos praise Maxwell biting his teeth lol.

Finch is really in dire form isn't he. At this rate, he might be at risk of missing the bus to the world cup although I doubt it would happen.

They won’t drop Finch from the WC side or squad. You don’t leave blokes with his record out. Few down games doesn’t change that in ODI cricket

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
He’s lucky it worked out. I have doubts on him at 4. I’d personally have rather had Turner at 4, however it worked.

I like the makeup of this t20 side I’m dreading them picking Smith in a t20 side again though

I don’t get this Finch at 3 thing. Just open and put Stoinis at 5-6 where he should be

Long term I’d rather Turner too. He’s getting better at rotating the start of his innings. I guess they were worried about last innings 5 ball duck and backed Handscomb over him. I wouldn’t have Handscomb in my limited overs teams but his knock was exactly what we needed.

I hate Stoinis in the middle order for T20. Too many dot balls. He’s brilliant once he’s set but it takes him 10-15 balls so if he’s in the side he has to bat early. Finch has had success at 5 before in the IPL so I wouldn’t have been surprised if they were thinking of putting him lower today.

I’d still have Smith at 3 for the T20 World Cup too

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
T20Is - 10+ INNS, 30+ AVG, 150+ S/R
Maxwell - 34.40 @ 158 (53 inns)
Finch - 37.13 @ 156 (52 inns)
Munro - 33.59 @ 162 (49 inns)
Lewis (WI) - 33.52 @ 164 (20 inns)
Symonds - 48.14 @ 169 (11 inns)

Long term I’d rather Turner too. He’s getting better at rotating the start of his innings. I guess they were worried about last innings 5 ball duck and backed Handscomb over him. I wouldn’t have Handscomb in my limited overs teams but his knock was exactly what we needed.

I hate Stoinis in the middle order for T20. Too many dot balls. He’s brilliant once he’s set but it takes him 10-15 balls so if he’s in the side he has to bat early. Finch has had success at 5 before in the IPL so I wouldn’t have been surprised if they were thinking of putting him lower today.

I’d still have Smith at 3 for the T20 World Cup too

Fair points but with Warner coming back where does that leave Stoinis? They aren’t dropping Short.

As for Smith I’m not sure personally in 20/20 just feel there are better and more aggressive options.

Back