Kayo

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Maybe email them and ask.

We have an older Kogan TV and very happy with its quality.

Not "smart" enough by modern standards. But it is not our primary screen.

Will most.likely update our main TV, a Samsung circa 2015, with a Kogan when we seduced by 4k.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Segment on the ABC today saying Kogan has twice the number of complaints recorded than Harvey Norman at an eighth of their turnover

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Segment on the ABC today saying Kogan has twice the number of complaints recorded than Harvey Norman at an eighth of their turnover
I guess it depends what your expectations are. You shouldn't buy a Kogan if you expect it to be as good as a more expensive Samsung.

Aren't you complaining about the voice controls on your Sony

Reakts97

Senior List
Dec 5, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
Sorry if this already been mentioned/asked but i was suggested using the 14 day trial was probably my best bet watching the JLT series without paying for any live pass/subscription? True or any other ideas?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I guess it depends what your expectations are. You shouldn't buy a Kogan if you expect it to be as good as a more expensive Samsung.

Aren't you complaining about the voice controls on your Sony

What **** voice controls :mad:

Why the hell do you make the voice control button such a feature on the remote control ....if it doesn't *******work !!!

1551329811619.png

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does everyone get sound not synced to vision?
not normally noticeable in play to play as no lip-sync issues but I've noticed it a lot in breaks when theres commenary.
Not sure if its always there or just sometimes or if its Kayo or apple tv?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Does everyone get sound not synced to vision?
not normally noticeable in play to play as no lip-sync issues but I've noticed it a lot in breaks when theres commenary.
Not sure if its always there or just sometimes or if its Kayo or apple tv?
I know with my Sony Smart TV ...the sound syncing with some input sources was noted .....so it maybe more a TV issue rather than an App issue

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know with my Sony Smart TV ...the sound syncing with some input sources was noted .....so it maybe more a TV issue rather than an App issue
possibly, but its only on Kayo, not when using apple TV for netflix, stan, iTunes store etc. That make it have to be an app issue wouldn't it (or at least the apple tv version of it) otherwise the issue would be source wide

ill have to watch more content with vision of the people speaking, it could have been some kind of buffering/streaming error as there was a period last night where sound cut out completely for 10secs or so which would potentially be related
(anyone else had that happen at all?)

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
possibly, but its only on Kayo, not when using apple TV for netflix, stan, iTunes store etc. That make it have to be an app issue wouldn't it (or at least the apple tv version of it) otherwise the issue would be source wide

ill have to watch more content with vision of the people speaking, it could have been some kind of buffering/streaming error as there was a period last night where sound cut out completely for 10secs or so which would potentially be related
(anyone else had that happen at all?)
Is the Kayo app downloaded onto the TV, or are you casting / connecting with a dongle ?

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
With an external device connected via HDMI, there can be audio desync caused by the different rates of delivery to the TV of sound and vision. Usually this is corrected by the device prior to delivery, but if the app isn't optimised for the device correctly, it can occur.

If you have optical in/out available that should fix the issue, otherwise, I'd write to kayo and tell them to optimise their app for that particular device.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Kayo does seem like a bit of a pig when it comes to data.
I used 8.8GB of my mobile data watching that JLT game today... and on the apple ipad I didn’t have the option at the top when I pushed the view type to change to SD from HD.. so watched the entire game in HD..

Only have 36GB a month allowance on my mobile plan that I share with my ipad..

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Sorry if this already been mentioned/asked but i was suggested using the 14 day trial was probably my best bet watching the JLT series without paying for any live pass/subscription? True or any other ideas?
I would say so. Just remember to cancel your subscription prior to the 14 days being over otherwise it'll automatically charge you for the month.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Watched the JLT through my laptop using the Foxtel browser with a HDMI cable to my TV. Strangely enough the "sped up" effect was much more noticeable yesterday compared to the bit of the JLT game I watched on Thursday night. I'm guessing the issue is my 9 year old TV just can handle streamed HD, but I'll have to test it out on our other. equally old, TV to be sure.

Back