Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruising around github the other day (sorry I'm a big techie) I came across a pokemon emulator that allows you to change all names and moves etc. North media department should be all over this. Imagine if Professor Oak was me, Brad Scott was Ash, and his pokemon were North players. "s**t, the opposition coach just threw a rock pokemon. We'll be out Gorilla full-back Tarrant to go head to head with him".

The new pokemon movie comes out this year...markets itself. Pokemon: North Edition.

It'd be more profitable than another game in Tassie.

Very carefully worded... If the best he can say is he's intelligent and a lively conversationalist it's actually rather damning.

One suave ****

I wonder if he agrees with with Richter that he only committed vanilla sex offences? Old mate Abbott has stuck by him too. Makes you wonder about what type of people are in our highest offices

I wonder if he agrees with with Richter that he only committed vanilla sex offences? Old mate Abbott has stuck by him too. Makes you wonder about what type of people are in our highest offices
Guilt by association? Eg - hang out with fiddlers therefore you must be of similar type? <- Is that your line of thinking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guilt by association? Eg - hang out with fiddlers therefore you must be of similar type? <- Is that your line of thinking?
More so close mates/family defending him because they still think he is innocent, despite evidence to the contrary. I am not surprised by Abbott, but Howard is smarter than doing what he did. At least he's somewhat back tracked this morning.

Howard gave him a reference after he was found guilty of forcing his penis into 2 young boys mouths. One of those boys is now dead, most likely because his life was destroyed by Pell.

More so close mates/family defending him because they still think he is innocent, despite evidence to the contrary. I am not surprised by Abbott, but Howard is smarter than doing what he did. At least he's somewhat back tracked this morning.

Pffft. You can’t backtrack from that. He’s a ******* disgrace

I personally dislike both Pell and Howard.

However without the smoking gun the possiblity of Pell's innocence (with regards to direct involvement) remains. As for Howard, he's entitled to communicate his honest opinion. In fact kudos for him for doing so in spite of the awareness it could swamp him in backlash. So many in that position would fold to be seen to mirror to populist view.

Again, neither man would be on my Christmas card list.

The details (that we have access to) around the first incident - the one in the sacristy - astound me.

As a former alter server with (I think) more than a passing knowledge of what generally goes in the minutes immediately following a mass, it's more than a little shocking to think that Pell would have the...I dunno...audacity? to do what he did where he did when he did it.

He's either full-on deranged, or more than a few lay people have covered up for him for years. Neither of which would be surprising.

You're better than that clickbait equivalent grade stuff like that Val Keating.

No decent person is ever going to condone abuse of children or want to see it go unpunished. That's a given.

Despite however much innuendo and suspicion being around someone, it doesn't mean they are automatically guilty of whatever they're accused of.

John Howard is writing a reference based on his own experience with someone. In his own estimation it sounds like he considers Pell as innocent based on what he's observed over the years.

This isn't a vote of Pell's innocence or guilt. It's a comment that Pell might be innocent of these specific charges and Howard was entitled, in fact he best served society - by giving a genuine reference for someone he knew even if was at odds with popular opinion.

He's either full-on deranged, or more than a few lay people have covered up for him for years. Neither of which would be surprising.

Or he's innocent.

Will opt out of this shortly because personally I find him an arrogant man, devious power hungry politician who has no doubt covered up a hell of a lot of wrong during his reign. But every judgement of an accused (in this instance on specific charges with no hard evidence) has to be assessed with all probabilities in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back