• Luke Breust

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Ben Stratton

Votes: 20 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can't be to disappointed in anyone they select but gee I would much prefer Gunna or JOM, not going to lie, I think both of those would be brilliant. Out of Stratts and Shiels, I would go Shiels.

You can't be to disappointed in anyone they select but gee I would much prefer Gunna or JOM, not going to lie, I think both of those would be brilliant. Out of Stratts and Shiels, I would go Shiels.

Stratton will be announced captain, but either way you cut it I'm hoping JOM is captain by 2021 provided his body holds up.

Mark Stevens running with the “whispers” Stratton to be announced tomorrow on ch7 news

Was wondering last night was Stevo's sauce could've been:
  1. Found a bit of paper in Waverley dumpster with Stratton written on it
  2. Overheard blokes talking in a pub
  3. Reading this thread
  4. Made it up
  5. Other

Last edited:
Wouldn't feel right choosing Jaeger ahead of the more senior blokes (Gunston, Shiels, Smith) who were part of the threepeat and have contributed so much over recent years.

Jaeger's time will come in a few years, given he's only 24 and still relatively new to the club.
It's not about the past it's about the future.

I will be quite surprised if the captain isn’t a threepeat hero. Hawthorn has built a extremely high performing culture. The responsibility to sustain that culture will almost certainly be given to someone who lived through and helped inspire that threepeat success.

Anyways, that’s my bet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Statts but my worry is that by having the captaincy it might weigh on his free spirited nature. I love that he is that type of person and I wouldn't want to change him and his enjoyment of the game. Being captain is not just tossing the coin as there's a lot of media commitments and other things that some guys would not enjoy. Hodgey pretty much said the public speaking was the part he hated most but just had to go it. Anyways if Stratts does get named I'm sure he'll do the job accordingly but I just hope it doesn't weigh on him and his free spirited demeanour.

The difference in our performances at times with and without Strats (check our finals history without him in 2016 and 2018) can be like chalk and cheese. I think his impact on our side is massively underrated.

I think to the outside footy world Strats would be an outside the box appointment - but within the four walls of our club nobody would be shocked at all.

I can easily see him as our captain - and a bloody good one at that.

The difference in our performances at times with and without Strats (check our finals history without him in 2016 and 2018) can be like chalk and cheese. I think his impact on our side is massively underrated.

I think to the outside footy world Strats would be an outside the box appointment - but within the four walls of our club nobody would be shocked at all.

I can easily see him as our captain - and a bloody good one at that.

If he’s won the players’ vote, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back