Racing February Daily Punt- The Winx Farewell Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah like Cosmic Endeavour and Holler
its a crappy added on race so there are more chances for breeders to fleece their clients

Lol post the full list Dr Goebells - last 10 years please - then let the forum judge if it is worthy of G1 standard

i actually can live with the JJ Atkins
besides the Champagne its the only 1600 m 2yo group 1
need incentives for future stayers

Yup - just peering over the lists of winners of both those and it is an absolute smorgasbord of Australian staying talent. :drunk:

There seems to be a surfeit too of mares 1500-1600m group 1s

Myer Classic
Coolmore Classic
Queen of Turf
Tatt Tiara

Yeah the one up in Sydney that's not WFA can get cut ASAP

Are they required to give a minimum number of Gp1s to SA and WA to keep the lights on?

I'm sure there is some sort of negotiating done to ensure this happens or their age restricted races would have lost status a fair while ago. Look at the SA Derby - there is no way that is a G1 standard race on any metric.

On a related note i was having a chat the other day with a.fellow punter about what is the worst group 1 race in australia.

We landed with these candidates:
Kingsford Smith Cup
Qld oaks
SA Derby
Winterbottom
Looking at the top 100 grp/grade 1 races in world as per the pattern committee the KingsfordSmith cup is ranked 52 in front of the Melb Cup which didn't make top 100...those other G1 didn't make it but the Canterbury Stks was 84 ....the list is good for a laugh with Colgate White Stks at 9 and Winx Stks at 17

Looking at the top 100 grp/grade 1 races in world as per the pattern committee the KingsfordSmith cup is ranked 52 in front of the Melb Cup which didn't make top 100...those other G1 didn't make it but the Canterbury Stks was 84 ....the list is good for a laugh with Colgate White Stks at 9 and Winx Stks at 17
Jeezus

Where do you get this info from? i would love to read this stuff

Where do you get this info from? i would love to read this stuff

Before you blow your load - any race Winx has run repeatedly in recent years is going to be massively rated on the global stage. So in your case I wouldn't even bother looking.

Ollie hadn't been to Kyneton for like 4 years - 2 from 2 including the second one at $10. Just gave it a peach from the wide draw. Didn't back either of them.

Should've known he wasn't going there for the tea and scones ffs... :straining:

Ollie hadn't been to Kyneton for like 4 years - 2 from 2 including the second one at $10. Just gave it a peach from the wide draw. Didn't back either of them.

Should've known he wasn't going there for the tea and scones ffs... :straining:
Should clarify I didn't back either of them - can't speak for Ollie :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else just like Castelvecchio again?

Feels like we're getting a better price because of the trainer. I think it's just a matter of whether he can keep up again at 1200m, but with the small field he might not be too far away - long testing straight... surely he's motoring late again here?

Feels like we're getting a better price because of the trainer. I think it's just a matter of whether he can keep up again at 1200m, but with the small field he might not be too far away - long testing straight... surely he's motoring late again here?

Nah I'm a big stable/owner/arab fapper - Microphone from Accession :D

Whoever is responsible for all these Gee Gee names in TAS is a complete dick. Worst sounding names ever! I cringe every time i have to listen to a race when there is 3 or 4 of them in. I seriously can't even bring myself to backing one of them.
And the Craigleas up in North Queensland

Nah I'm a big stable/owner/arab fapper - Microphone from Accession :D
Yeah we know :$

Went straight past Accession last start like the ambulance going past Dargento. Microphone while improving is coming out of a garbage race AND yet to try 1200m.

Also he's by Dundeel and a half to Maid Of Heaven #blueblood

Yeah we know :$

Went straight past Accession last start like the ambulance going past Dargento. Microphone while improving is coming out of a garbage race AND yet to try 1200m.

Also he's by Dundeel and a half to Maid Of Heaven #blueblood

Swallows in summer and all that

The JJ Atkins last year was a great race and think there were a couple of good winners before that too

was more so in relation to restricted age races outside main two states. VRC/ATC derby attract enough interstate support when there is talent around. The others don't. It's generally a backwater.

as a rule the smaller racing states should really only have WFA events IMO. the horse volume in the smaller states is generally good enough to hold G1 status but need reasonable prizemoney to draw a couple mid range big fish to keep the level at a respectable standard each year.

Would think Microphone would be the one to beat after running the times he did last start.

Would think loading up on exotics with the top three would be the way to go in this. Can't see them not running the top three.

Would think Microphone would be the one to beat after running the times he did last start.

Would think loading up on exotics with the top three would be the way to go in this. Can't see them not running the top three.
I've got a few queries on Microphone but not many seem to agree, so you may be right.

Quaddie's are about exotic as I get now, so I'll leave that to you lads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back