The Anti Cross Fit Thread

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
But according to you let’s exercise the WRONG way because we MIGHT get used to it? What kind of notion is that to preach and accept? Let’s lower our standards in the hope we MIGHT be ok. You’ve simply got no idea about risk management in health and fitness.
Because something is not specific to a field, does not make it wrong. You clearly don't get that.
Good Calls, because you know my background and all.
You don't adress any points, you just spew bias without evidence. All the best mate, because its universal here who the one is that sounds like a dill :thumbsu:

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Because something is not specific to a field, does not make it wrong. You clearly don't get that.
Good Calls, because you know my background and all.
You don't adress any points, you just spew bias without evidence. All the best mate, because its universal here who the one is that sounds like a dill :thumbsu:
Refer to my initial post and tell me if you’d perform a deadlift that way, if you did you’d be laughed out of any decent gym. Oh, and your points are pointless as I kind of know what I am talking about.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I don't think Len N should be labeled a big noter just because he has posted his qualifications in fact I think his opinion should be given more weight considering said qualifications. We give more weight to experts in differing fields all the time.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't think Len N should be labeled a big noter just because he has posted his qualifications in fact I think his opinion should be given more weight considering said qualifications. We give more weight to experts in differing fields all the time.
It’s ok, they can have their opinion. I just don’t agree. There are plenty of people out there that do and did agree with me.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs

argumentum ab auctoritate

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
argumentum ab auctoritate
You got anything to add to the thread? You know, about the topic. Watch the video in the OP and sell me it as ‘good and proper technique’. Oh and remember, this is CROSSFIT GAMES, the BEST OF THE BEST athletes on display here.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
You got anything to add to the thread? You know, about the topic. Watch the video in the OP and sell me it as ‘good and proper technique’. Oh and remember, this is CROSSFIT GAMES, the BEST OF THE BEST athletes on display here.

I’m still waiting for you to respond to the first question I ever asked you weeks ago - where is your statistical evidence that CrossFit poses a greater injury risk than *insert any other common activity here*.
Until that point I’ll continue to treat your opinion as I would a flat earther, creationist or anti-vaxxer.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m still waiting for you to respond to the first question I ever asked you weeks ago - where is your statistical evidence that CrossFit poses a greater injury risk than *insert any other common activity here*.
Until that point I’ll continue to treat your opinion as I would a flat earther, creationist or anti-vaxxer.
I have said that it POSES risks due to its inability to focus on CORRECT technique. I also said that classes at gyms that have close to 40 people in a room are risky. I’ve said this to you on so many occasions. It is a DANGEROUS PRACTICE because of the propensity for injury due to LACK OF FORM.

You’re avoiding my question re the technique in my OP. If you can look at that and tell me you think it’s ok, I call you out as having NO IDEA. If you can answer and say it’s poor, well you’ve essentially conceded that at the highest level of performance CrossFit is a joke.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
My mindset is to always conduct training programs in a manner that minimises injury risk through;
1. Proper programming
2. Correct bio mechanical analysis
3. Correct technique application
4. Correct periodisation
5. Correct recovery
6. Focus on prehab

That’s all.

If any exercise type (for the general population member) does not meet this category it’s a no. That goes for CrossFit, Bootcamp, Pump, Boxercise, etc etc.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
I have said that it POSES risks due to its inability to focus on CORRECT technique. I also said that classes at gyms that have close to 40 people in a room are risky. I’ve said this to you on so many occasions. It is a DANGEROUS PRACTICE because of the propensity for injury due to LACK OF FORM.

You’re avoiding my question re the technique in my OP. If you can look at that and tell me you think it’s ok, I call you out as having NO IDEA. If you can answer and say it’s poor, well you’ve essentially conceded that at the highest level of performance CrossFit is a joke.

Just because you repeat it ad nauseum doesn’t it make it so.
I think it’s fair to say that any sane person would accept that EVERY activity (or even inactivity) carries with it an associated risk. All you’re trying to do is twist your argument to say that CrossFit carries an unacceptable risk without directly stating it so you can go on the defensive any time someone tries to pull you up on your claims.
All these things you claim are “risky” have been studied with regards to incidences of injury so it shouldn’t be hard for you to support your claims with research yet you’ve not once done this and gone so far as rejecting any evidence to the contrary simply because it doesn’t suit your bias.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think it’s fair to say that any sane person would accept that EVERY activity (or even inactivity) carries with it an associated risk. All you’re trying to do is twist your argument to say that CrossFit carries an unacceptable risk without directly stating it so you can go on the defensive any time someone tries to pull you up on your claims.
All these things you claim are “risky” have been studied with regards to incidences of injury so it shouldn’t be hard for you to support your claims with research yet you’ve not once done this and gone so far as rejecting any evidence to the contrary simply because it doesn’t suit your bias.
Ok, so you don’t think the video I posted in my OP is a ‘risky’ way to perform a deadlift? Now I answered your question, so you can answer this one.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
My mindset is to always conduct training programs in a manner that minimises injury risk through;
1. Proper programming
2. Correct bio mechanical analysis
3. Correct technique application
4. Correct periodisation
5. Correct recovery
6. Focus on prehab

That’s all.

If any exercise type (for the general population member) does not meet this category it’s a no. That goes for CrossFit, Bootcamp, Pump, Boxercise, etc etc.

Again, dancing around the question of
“What evidence do you have to support the notion that those activities are actually (not hypothetically based off the outdated biomechanial models you probably got taught at uni in the 90s) more dangerous than what you prescribe”.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ok, if CrossFit athletes at the HIGHEST LEVEL perform exercises like the one in the OP, then I would deem that an UNNACCEPTABLE RISK.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Ok, if CrossFit athletes at the HIGHEST LEVEL perform exercises like the one in the OP, then I would deem that an UNNACCEPTABLE RISK.

But you deeming it so doesn’t make it true.
I can quite easily say “it is acceptable” and all of a sudden we’re at a one all draw with one claim against another.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Again, dancing around the question of
“What evidence do you have to support the notion that those activities are actually (not hypothetically based off the outdated biomechanial models you probably got taught at uni in the 90s) more dangerous than what you prescribe”.
You’re a ******* simpleton. The evidence that I’ve got is BAD TECHNIQUE AND BAD FORM AS PER THE OP VIDEO.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I can quite easily say “it is acceptable” and all of a sudden we’re at a one all draw with one claim against another.
Ok mate, ok. Seriously. You are into your health and fitness, can I ******* ask you honestly if you’d perform a deadlift like that and think it was ok?

That’s like saying a doctor deeming a patient hasn’t got a throat infection as incorrect because you think ‘otherwise’. Are you seriously deluded?

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ok, so if you think that’s acceptable then I hate to tell you that your knowledge on exercise prescription is very very negligent and you should never ever have another person in your care as a trainer.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Ok mate, ok. Seriously. You are into your health and fitness, can I ******* ask you honestly if you’d perform a deadlift like that and think it was ok?

That’s like saying a doctor deeming a patient hasn’t got a throat infection as incorrect because you think ‘otherwise’. Are you seriously deluded?

Did I lift the weight I wanted? Did I do it without getting hurt? If the answer to both of those was “yes” than I would be ok with it.

That’s a horrible comparison for starters (and if we took everything our GP said as truth my brother would be dead so it’s not like they’re infallible either.
What you’re asking me to do is defend CrossFit as being “dangerous” without even establishing that it is.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Do you think the technique of the athlete in the OP was acceptable?

None of them got injured so clearly the technique was acceptable for that individual at that point in time in that specific circumstance.

You’re a ******* simpleton. The evidence that I’ve got is BAD TECHNIQUE AND BAD FORM AS PER THE OP VIDEO.
Settle down.
You've made a claim, been asked to back it up with evidence, it seems this is your opinion and nothing more.

Now your opinion may be right but without evidence it's just your opinion, no need to move on to insulting other posters if you can't back your opinion up and don't want to admit that is all it is

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Did I lift the weight I wanted? Did I do it without getting hurt? If the answer to both of those was “yes” than I would be ok with it.

That’s a horrible comparison for starters (and if we took everything our GP said as truth my brother would be dead so it’s not like they’re infallible either.
What you’re asking me to do is defend CrossFit as being “dangerous” without even establishing that it is.
Ok so just because you achieved it means that the the WAY you went about it was ok? That is close to the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard in my life.

Have you ever seen weightlifting monitored at the olympics? Can I ask where you got your qualification as a trainer?

Back