The Anti Cross Fit Thread

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Settle down.
You've made a claim, been asked to back it up with evidence, it seems this is your opinion and nothing more.

Now your opinion may be right but without evidence it's just your opinion, no need to move on to insulting other posters if you can't back your opinion up and don't want to admit that is all it is
I challenge you to google DEADLIFT TECHNIQUE and see how it is conducted. I’d also challenge you to go to ANY fitness provider NOT A CROSSFIT ONE and look at how it’s performed.

There’s things in life that are RIGHT AND WRONG.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Ok so just because you achieved it means that the the WAY you went about it was ok? That is close to the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard in my life.

Have you ever seen weightlifting monitored at the olympics? Can I ask where you got your qualification as a trainer?

Of course. It doesn’t mean it was the most efficient or optimal way of doing it but you don’t get extra points for being pretty. It’d be like saying someone is a terrible kick for goal because they look unco without factoring in their accuracy.

I have no idea what monitored means but I’ve trained under Rob Kabbas and have watched state, national and international lifters at Hawthorn (both in training and during competition).
My qualifications are Cert 3/4 fitness, dip massage, adv dip myo and BHSc (Clinical myotherapy). None of which change that you’ve been asked to substantiate your claims by numerous posters on numerous occasions and have failed to do so.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Settle down.
You've made a claim, been asked to back it up with evidence, it seems this is your opinion and nothing more.

Now your opinion may be right but without evidence it's just your opinion, no need to move on to insulting other posters if you can't back your opinion up and don't want to admit that is all it is
If you actually need to be convinced that that technique is wrong then I really worry for you. Can you not see that yourself?

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
I challenge you to google DEADLIFT TECHNIQUE and see how it is conducted. I’d also challenge you to go to ANY fitness provider NOT A CROSSFIT ONE and look at how it’s performed.

It used to be considered normal to blood let sick people to let all the toxins out.
Common (or popular) doesn’t automatically equate to right (or wrong).

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Of course. It doesn’t mean it was the most efficient or optimal way of doing it but you don’t get extra points for being pretty. It’d be like saying someone is a terrible kick for goal because they look unco without factoring in their accuracy.

I have no idea what monitored means but I’ve trained under Rob Kabbas and have watched state, national and international lifters at Hawthorn (both in training and during competition).
My qualifications are Cert 3/4 fitness, dip massage, adv dip myo and BHSc (Clinical myotherapy). None of which change that you’ve been asked to substantiate your claims by numerous posters on numerous occasions and have failed to do so.
Not pretty? Wow.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
What?
My Powerlifting scorecards don’t give me a score out of ten for how nice my lift looked visually.
Look at the Middle video, go to about 2:40. Use your knowledge you learned in your course to give me 5 areas where technique could be corrected.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Settle down.

The evidence I’ve got is called an education.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Look at the Middle video, go to about 2:40. Use your knowledge you learned in your course to give me 5 areas where technique could be corrected.

I’m sure there’s plenty I would address to make them more efficient to improve their performance, but that’s a separate argument entirely to whether or not CrossFit is prohibitedly risky or dangerous.

What has that got to do with my post?

The evidence I’ve got is called an education.
That isn't evidence though. It might be the basis for your opinion but it isn't evidence.

If you are going to say something like more people get injured doing crossfit than other forms of exercise then your evidence cannot be I went to Uni, point us to some stats published somewhere

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Now now, no need to get pissy because you finally realised your 3(?) year, $60,000 ExSci degree is worth about as much as a 12 week, $800 Cert IV (or the CF level 1) in the real world.
Probably why people like me ended up getting employed by leading sports teams nationally to provide advice and specific sporting programs whilst your ‘education’ gave you the ability to charge $100 an hour to hand out bullshit advice.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne

That isn't evidence though. It might be the basis for your opinion but it isn't evidence.

If you are going to say something like more people get injured doing crossfit than other forms of exercise then your evidence cannot be I went to Uni, point us to some stats published somewhere

You asked me to provide evidence. I posted a video of good technique as opposed to the abortion shown in my OP.

Did I say more people get injured? I said there is an INCREASED risk due to POOR APPLICATION OF TECHNIQUE.

Very very different wording isn’t it?

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs

You mean like the statistics presented in this article (which are all published in academic journals) which ole Lenny chose to ignore?
https://thebarbellphysio.com/truth-crossfit-injuries/

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
You asked me to provide evidence. I posted a video of good technique as opposed to the abortion shown in my OP.

Did I say more people get injured? I said there is an INCREASED risk due to POOR APPLICATION OF TECHNIQUE.

Very very different wording isn’t it?

But if that risk doesnt translate to injury then what’s the point of debating it?

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Probably why people like me ended up getting employed by leading sports teams nationally to provide advice and specific sporting programs whilst your ‘education’ gave you the ability to charge $100 an hour to hand out bullshit advice.

You are genuinely the first ExSci grad I’ve met that isn’t working as a PT or as a glorified data collector so congratulations on your career.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
You are genuinely the first ExSci grad I’ve met that isn’t working as a PT or as a glorified data collector so congratulations on your career.
Hey my career was great, I stopped PT to the general population because I was good enough to work with elite athletes. And you know what’s even better? I got paid a lot and my degree didn’t cost that much!

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Google the definition of risk and risk management

I hardly think the hierarchy of control is applicable to exercise.
Also, as a fellow academic I expect more from you than google.
Next you’ll be telling me to use Wikipedia :D

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
You know how the government privatised all these learning organisations? Well that kind of ****ed the industry. It let in the riff raff. Let’s do an $800 course and become qualified to teach people about their bodies and how to exercise safely. Let’s not actually promote people getting a degree and going to uni to learn the science.

It’s great when I hear a kid of about 20 or so not know what to do with their life, and they say ‘oh I think I’ll be a PT.....’ because it’s easy. That’s what society has stooped to. And you’re a perfect example.

Len Nicodemo

Cancelled
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I hardly think the hierarchy of control is applicable to exercise.
Also, as a fellow academic I expect more from you than google.
Next you’ll be telling me to use Wikipedia :D
An academic in what? Well on google there are some pretty basic definitions, and risk management doesn’t have to be complicated when dealing with people’s health.

Back