Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Nup, he’s an assistant Heath.

Oh, I guess we are dead to him as well. :stern look

I am glad he is still involved with the club, I'd prefer to see him out there with the forwards though.

Short memories around here. Here's a recent photo of John Blakey at swans training.

51LBDBGiHJL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Blakey was a GUN !! Went and supported his mate who turns out to be another former great......Blakey isnt Judas but his son can GAGF.

Oh, I guess we are dead to him as well. :stern look

I am glad he is still involved with the club, I'd prefer to see him out there with the forwards though.

Same here. Unfortunately the closest we’ll get to that is a trip to Glen Iris to see him play FF for St Kevins Old Boys in the VAFA.

Scott is the exact same height and weight as Fyfe when he was drafted. Fyfe played 18 games in his first year and it didn’t seem to hinder his development. If Scott is good enough he plays. Talk of being too slight is just more bullshit from Mr Intelligent.

Scott is the exact same height and weight as Fyfe when he was drafted. Fyfe played 18 games in his first year and it didn’t seem to hinder his development. If Scott is good enough he plays. Talk of being too slight is just more bullshit from Mr Intelligent.

I will see your anecdote and raise you a Jack Watts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kid fills me with a lot of optimism about the club. First he picks us. Then he slides allowing up to pick up the very talented Taylor. Looks like the prototypical modern outside mid in training. Then goes straight into the first JLT side.

Good things happening at North and Bailey Scott sums it up. A mix of good luck, talent and hard work. That's how you win flags.

Well done kid - living the dream or what? It's not quite AFL yet but he'd be feeling on top of the world as would a couple of other debutants. Resounding endorsement from the club this early on in a team that's not exactly looking for extra mids after the off season.

I thought that passage with Jy was telling, Bailey knew that if he kept running he'd get involved, and he knew he could outrun his opponent.

I reckon he'll be a classic "last five minutes" player.

In that he'll get involved in passages in the last five minutes of quarters that other can't, or don't expect him to.
All the best bits of Sam Gibson with better skills.

As I said prior to the draft. There is really no downside with this kid. All upside.

His speed has really impressed me, I thought he tested quite average for that at draft camp?

Has that real long striding running style like Isaac Smith. Could see him being a player in that mould but with a lot harder edge.

Lots to like about him.

Same here. Unfortunately the closest we’ll get to that is a trip to Glen Iris to see him play FF for St Kevins Old Boys in the VAFA.

Not a good week for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back