Teams 2019 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the Worpel hype at his price for a second year player. I think he's a good young player but at 395K you want an outright premium and I remain unconvinced. Its very easy for second year players to fail to gain much point wise from their first years. You could easily go guys like Gresham that have several extra preseasons for only an extra 30K.

If Worpel has a bad run of form, as a second year player it would be super easy for Clarkson to say "spend some time in the 2's and develop a bit more".
The whole thing reeks of high risk, mediocre reward to me.
Boo hiss...don't be a party pooper...get on the wagon...there's a spot next to me...promise I won't be too touchy.

I don't get the Worpel hype at his price for a second year player. I think he's a good young player but at 395K you want an outright premium and I remain unconvinced. Its very easy for second year players to fail to gain much point wise from their first years. You could easily go guys like Gresham that have several extra preseasons for only an extra 30K.

If Worpel has a bad run of form, as a second year player it would be super easy for Clarkson to say "spend some time in the 2's and develop a bit more".

The whole thing reeks of high risk, mediocre reward to me.
8rjy.gif

On eve of JLT this is my team, trying something a little different with a few mid-priced picks across each line.

I ignore the sentiment on here of some players (eg. Billings) as if you can't stand players at their worst, you don't deserve them at their best.
View attachment 627063

Good side, and good depth given you’ve gone the top two rucks as well.

Last pre JLT iteration from me.

I've decided on Gawndy ruck combo for now and ditched Macrae for Miles in the mids.

Have got a few mid pricers in with Williams, Mills, Roberton, Miles and Billdick in because I have a feeling that they will excel this season.

After last night Cripps, Setterfield and Walsh locked in and key thrown away.

JLT watch on Lloyd and Whitfield - may consider swapping one for Newman or Witherden or another mid priced defender if any put their hands up. Also thought Zac Clarke was impressive and if he's names R1 considering downgrading Gawn or Goldie for him and adding another premo mid or forward.
f9530e045cd670f2ed098bd56075166a.jpg

One suave *

Last pre JLT iteration from me.

I've decided on Gawndy ruck combo for now and ditched Macrae for Miles in the mids.

Have got a few mid pricers in with Williams, Mills, Roberton, Miles and Billdick in because I have a feeling that they will excel this season.

After last night Cripps, Setterfield and Walsh locked in and key thrown away.

JLT watch on Lloyd and Whitfield - may consider swapping one for Newman or Witherden or another mid priced defender if any put their hands up. Also thought Zac Clarke was impressive and if he's names R1 considering downgrading Gawn or Goldie for him and adding another premo mid or forward.
f9530e045cd670f2ed098bd56075166a.jpg

One suave ****
Nice strong backline, but it leaves mids and fwds weak.
I'd downgrade Lloyd to a rookie and spend the cash on those lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's peoples thoughts on this team? Suprised Sloane is only 7% ownership and Milera is another one with only 1% ownership.
1551407812041.png

Trying to limit the POD's as much as possible which isn't a usual tactic. Had a much better year season last year thanks to a bit of luck and a few smarter choices. Hoping to continue that. 63k left in the bank with this side.

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 5.21.06 pm.png

I'm liking more & more the more mid-price DEF options ..... I remember a few seasons ago, everyone decried paying much over $400K for a Defender
I think there is some value there but after watching both JLT matches, I think the premo kickers and readers of the play are well worth it.
Hurn was pretty valuable as a floating half back yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back