Beauty & Style Awkward Flirting Stories - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I have so many dating stories, most were good. Then I had some doozies.

One I remember was a guy from OkCupid. You couldn't really see his face in his pics properly (always a bad sign IMO :p). When we were talking online he was very ... robot-like with his questions and responses? Like no emojis used, there wasn't much humour. He was OVERLY polite. I mean, that's nice. A change from guys making sex jokes. He said he was originally from Ukraine which I thought was cool. But anyway, I agreed to go on a date with him.

As soon as I met him and he greeted me, I just knew it was going to be a 'no'. His voice reminded me of the meerkats from Compare The Market adverts, no joke - I was waiting for him to say 'Simples!'. We went inside the cafe and sat down. Within five minutes we established that we work in a similar industry (petroleum - I'm in Govt and he works for a large company), and it was at this moment that he presented me his business card lol... I was in shock actually. Was this a date or a business proposal?! We ended up eating dinner and I could tell by my behaviour that I was not interested. I was sitting -back- from him (if I'm keen I'll lean forward) and when the food arrived I wasn't nervous about eating at all. No chemistry whatsoever. He was very awkward and I felt bad for him. I couldn't imagine kissing him let alone anything else... Poor guy. I couldn't be with someone who lacked emotion or didn't laugh at my jokes haha. I did wonder if he could be on the spectrum. Nothing wrong with that, just not for me. (I dated a lovely guy back in 2014 who thought he had Asberger's. It lasted 4 months and he ended it because he knew he couldn't give me what I wanted. I remember him fondly actually, he was a true gentleman :))

I think he asked if I wanted to have dessert/ice-cream, but I ended the date, saying I needed to get home lol. Awkwardly enough, a few days later I went to an information session run by a petroleum youth committee that he's in, and he was there LOL. He spoke to me briefly and it was awkward as the date was.
That evening, Mr Meerkat messaged me asking for another meet-up. I politely declined and to his credit he took it well. XD

Last edited:

As soon as I met him and he greeted me, I just knew it was going to be a 'no'. His voice reminded me of the meerkats from Compare The Market adverts, no joke - I was waiting for him to say 'Simples!'.

Were you just picturing him in that weird robe the whole time? That's a classic. I remember going on a date with somebody with a strong accent that sounded exactly like Borat. Kept laughing at everything she said and I felt like the most terrible person

1551232825824.png

Were you just picturing him in that weird robe the whole time? That's a classic. I remember going on a date with somebody with a strong accent that sounded exactly like Borat. Kept laughing at everything she said and I felt like the most terrible person

View attachment 626465
LOL I'm glad I wasn't :p
His accent wasn't even THAT strong, but it was more the higher-pitch of his voice lol.

Aww haha, poor woman :p I do like a good accent but sometimes it's comical due to what we've been exposed to in media and movies etc.

I have so many dating stories, most were good. Then I had some doozies.

XD

During my limited time on RSVP, I met up with this guy- turns out I "knew" him already- we had done Cert IV together. He remembered me, i had nfi who he was. Made the date very awkward and there was no chemistry anyway.

This other guy I made contact with (private messaging) very good looking but turned me off in an instant when he told me about his "weekend meditation retreat" he had just been on, and went on and on and on about meditation. Like, yeah no thanks.

As soon as I met him and he greeted me, I just knew it was going to be a 'no'. His voice reminded me of the meerkats from Compare The Market adverts, no joke - I was waiting for him to say 'Simples!'.\D

Accents can either be a turn on or a turn off.

Side note- im in class with a French teacher with the heaviest French accent. Sorry but it just does my head in, I feel exhausted coming out of her class.

Side note- im in class with a French teacher with the heaviest French accent. Sorry but it just does my head in, I feel exhausted coming out of her class.
I dated an Iranian guy for 2 months, I adored his accent! But yeah I know what you mean... If it's hard to understand what they're saying it can be annoying.

LOL I'm glad I wasn't :p
His accent wasn't even THAT strong, but it was more the higher-pitch of his voice lol.

Aww haha, poor woman :p I do like a good accent but sometimes it's comical due to what we've been exposed to in media and movies etc.

I half expected her to whip out the "I like you. I like sex. It is nice" line to just tip me over the edge. But unfortunately for me that never came . Nor did any other contact after that date

Aren't french accents supposed to be the sexiest in the world or something? I feel ya though, I spend half my time trying to decipher wtf they are saying. Same as some American accents, can't stand some of those

This other guy I made contact with (private messaging) very good looking but turned me off in an instant when he told me about his "weekend meditation retreat" he had just been on, and went on and on and on about meditation. Like, yeah no thanks.
You never mentioned that you made contact with Dino :p

A funny story happened to me about 15 years ago. I'd been working overseas for a couple of years and had recently arrived home. I ran into a girl (didn't know her particularly well) and had a long chat. When she realised I was single she mentioned a friend of hers who was also single and suggested that we we should meet up.

Anyway, a couple of days later I get phone call from her saying her friend was interested and she gave me her name and number. So I gave her a ring and I finished up dropping over for a coffee and a chat a few days later. This was on a Saturday morning. We seemed to hit off ok, and organised to go out for dinner the following Friday.

The next day (the Sunday) I went to a 1 day international game with 3 friends. Needless to say when we were picked up after the game we were in pretty poor shape. For some reason after getting home I decided it would be a great idea to wander to my local for another beer. My local back then was a small bar off of any main streets and most of drinkers were locals. It was the sort of pub that was ok for a few beers after work during the week. Not really the sort of place you would go fo a night out on the weekend with friends.

So in I go, complete with an idiotic wide brimmed hat, caked in sunscreen, shorts, t-shirt and thongs. After ordering and picking my beer I turned away from the bar and spot next Friday's date having a drink with a friend. She spotted me and smiled so I decided to join them. After opening my mouth for the first time the response was, "thats right, you've been at the cricket all day". I should have taken that cue and headed straight home. But no, I thought it was a great idea to hang out and share my thoughts on anything that popped into my head.

I rang her on Tuesday to apologise. And then asked her if she still wanted to go out for dinner on Saturday. She politely declined.

Funnily enough I had never seen her at the pub before that night, and never saw her there afterwards. Considering where she lived, about a 15 minute drive away, and the fact it was a hole in the wall local bar I am still surprised she was there at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kind of a flirting story.

I met my most recent ex about 10 months ago on Tinder. It was at about 6pm on a Sunday night and we talked for a little bit before I went to go watch a movie in the city with a mate, pretty sure it was The Shape of Water. At that time I lived about 30 minutes out of the city and so did my mate so it was a fair drive.

I messaged her again just after the movie ended and for some reason that I can't remember asked if she wanted to hang out. She said yes, and then I found out she lived like 500 metres from the cinema. Instead of thinking 'hey, it's 9pm on a Sunday night, I have to drive all the way back to drop off my mate and I have work in the morning, I should reschedule' I instead decided I'd drive all the way home and back to hang out. Around this time one of us, again can't remember who, mentioned the fact we smoked weed and so I brought that with me as well. I drove back, dropped off my friend, then turned around. At this point I started to feel a bit off about it all.

First of all, she seemed like she was out-of-my-league looks wise, and she turned out to be, and she had a very limited Tinder profile as well as Facebook profile. She was in Year 12, which meant she had school in the morning, and yet she was very, very keen to hang out with someone she had never met at 10pm on a Sunday night to smoke weed. I had a very sudden and real fear her profile was being run by an undercover cop.

When I got to her street, I sat in my car with the lights off for at least 10 minutes after I said I was here just to see if anything suss was about. I cautiously picked her up and it turned out I was being unnecessarily paranoid. She ended up being heaps of fun to hang out with, we were friends for a few weeks and ended up dating for about 5 months with a break in the middle. Her parents loved me and I had dinner there often, she introduced me to a lot of movies and music I now love. She had a lot of mental health issues though and I broke it off for the sake of the both of us.

I met my most recent ex about 10 months ago on Tinder. It was at about 6pm on a Sunday night and we talked for a little bit before I went to go watch a movie in the city with a mate, pretty sure it was The Shape of Water. At that time I lived about 30 minutes out of the city and so did my mate so it was a fair drive.

I messaged her again just after the movie ended and for some reason that I can't remember asked if she wanted to hang out. She said yes, and then I found out she lived like 500 metres from the cinema. Instead of thinking 'hey, it's 9pm on a Sunday night, I have to drive all the way back to drop off my mate and I have work in the morning, I should reschedule' I instead decided I'd drive all the way home and back to hang out. Around this time one of us, again can't remember who, mentioned the fact we smoked weed and so I brought that with me as well. I drove back, dropped off my friend, then turned around. At this point I started to feel a bit off about it all.

First of all, she seemed like she was out-of-my-league looks wise, and she turned out to be, and she had a very limited Tinder profile as well as Facebook profile. She was in Year 12, which meant she had school in the morning, and yet she was very, very keen to hang out with someone she had never met at 10pm on a Sunday night to smoke weed. I had a very sudden and real fear her profile was being run by an undercover cop.

When I got to her street, I sat in my car with the lights off for at least 10 minutes after I said I was here just to see if anything suss was about. I cautiously picked her up and it turned out I was being unnecessarily paranoid. She ended up being heaps of fun to hang out with, we were friends for a few weeks and ended up dating for about 5 months with a break in the middle. Her parents loved me and I had dinner there often, she introduced me to a lot of movies and music I now love. She had a lot of mental health issues though and I broke it off for the sake of the both of us.
You learn a lot through every relationship. Sounded like yours was overall a positive one, but lol at you thinking she could have been a cop :p Imagine had you not gone, even though it ended eventually I'm sure you don't regret the experience! :)

You learn a lot through every relationship. Sounded like yours was overall a positive one, but lol at you thinking she could have been a cop :p Imagine had you not gone, even though it ended eventually I'm sure you don't regret the experience! :)

Definitely don't regret it, it was good fun. Also her parents were big health junkies and I miss eating there. :p

1551384010036.png

I had a mate drive from Palmerston all the way to Fannie Bay to hang with a tinder girl who wanted to smoke weed with him. Wasn't cautious like you, rolled onto into her house and it was just a bunch on cooked druggies looking for a score. Ended up copping a flogging :( Smart to be cautious, glad it ended well (except for the break up, but you don't seem like you'd be the type to have messy breakups anyway)

BTW, aspiring policeman Palmomagpie here saying drugs are bad mmkay

I had a mate drive from Palmerston all the way to Fannie Bay to hang with a tinder girl who wanted to smoke weed with him. Wasn't cautious like you, rolled onto into her house and it was just a bunch on cooked druggies looking for a score. Ended up copping a flogging :( Smart to be cautious, glad it ended well (except for the break up, but you don't seem like you'd be the type to have messy breakups anyway)

BTW, aspiring policeman Palmomagpie here saying drugs are bad mmkay

Her house was in a very affluent area of Larrakeyah so it wasn't too sketchy but yeah, I know to be very cautious around Darwin.

I can't claim to be too good at breakups, one before that was a bit messy but I was in a bad place at that time with Year 12 finishing and stuff.

And finally, got to enjoy my youth to its fullest. ;)

Say something else in cop. Use some hot legal terms please.

Please step out of your vehicle and walk a straight line ..... into my life

I believe it's in our best interest to comply with section 69 of the act

Her house was in a very affluent area of Larrakeyah so it wasn't too sketchy but yeah,

Smart man :smirk::dollarsign::dollarsign::dollarsign: I think I was the only person I know in the whole of Darwin who didn't do the marijuanas at some stage. It's like a rite of passage to finish primary school

Please step out of your vehicle and walk a straight line ..... into my life

I believe it's in our best interest to comply with section 69 of the act

I will a hundred percent comply with anything you need to do- including a strip search. ;)

#AFSliveITT

I will a hundred percent comply with anything you need to do- including a strip search. ;)

#AFSliveITT

hahahaha stop! Don't you know it's illegal to be that fine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back