Let it ride betting

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
A guy I work with only method of betting is to start with a small amount and simply reinvest the total onto the next bet until he reaches his goal.

He only places fixed odds place bets.

I saw him turn $2 into 4k and several times start with $30 and cash out at 1k.

I've started betting this way and it's proving quite effective.
Most bets placed fall between the $1.06 - $1.16 mark.

Anyone else attempted a similar betting system?

Me and a few friends have tried this in the footy season the last couple of years.

We all put in $100 at the start of the season and we have to pick one winner each week. If you win you put your new total into next weeks bet.

We havent been successful so far. Damn equalisation.

Me and a few friends have tried this in the footy season the last couple of years.

We all put in $100 at the start of the season and we have to pick one winner each week. If you win you put your new total into next weeks bet.

We havent been successful so far. Damn equalisation.
If you bet against Carlton most weeks you’d be doing ok :)

I have seen a bloke walk into a tab with $20 . turned that $20 to over 10k in a couple of hours, walked out owing the tab manager over $2k (he loaned it to him) using this method. This is the fast track to brokedom

The worst part of this is that you get the taste of huge bets and its hard to go back> it only takes a couple of losers in a row.

I have seen a bloke walk into a tab with $20 . turned that $20 to over 10k in a couple of hours, walked out owing the tab manager over $2k (he loaned it to him) using this method. This is the fast track to brokedom

The worst part of this is that you get the taste of huge bets and its hard to go back> it only takes a couple of losers in a row.
Was this in the day of six o’clock closings? Impressive if it was

Sounds like a good forum challenge thread.

First to turn $1 into 100?

Would it be that hard to do if your backing at odds of $1.06 to $1.16 as the OP suggested?

It would however take a long time and be a painful wait.

As an example you would say back the Eagles tonight at a handicap line of say +37.5 paying ~$1.06

The biggest problem is that you only need one wrong call to lose it all. I think some sports are easier to achieve the OP goal then others. AFL yes, soccer no.

Would it be that hard to do if your backing at odds of $1.06 to $1.16 as the OP suggested?

It would however take a long time and be a painful wait.

As an example you would say back the Eagles tonight at a handicap line of say +37.5 paying ~$1.06

The biggest problem is that you only need one wrong call to lose it all. I think some sports are easier to achieve the OP goal then others. AFL yes, soccer no.

Yes - its actually exceptionally hard to do - a $1.20 shot got rolled at Pakenham just last night.

Yes - its actually exceptionally hard to do - a $1.20 shot got rolled at Pakenham just last night.

Horses? Yes I definitely agree with that.

Maybe someone in here could tell us quickly how many games it would take betting at ~$1.06 to $1.16 odds to go from $1 to $100, I know there is an equation but Im too lazy to work it out.

I wouldnt be betting Straight up on a team to win, I would take certain strong favorites at home to not lose with a large + handicap. You can actually back teams at +39.5 at those odds. Tigers didnt lost a single game at home at +39.5, Eagles, Pies, Hawks. They were the top 4 teams. Admittedly its a bit easier looking back at the results in hindsight. But most of us last year would have had Tigers and Hawks in our top 8 or top 4.

With that said, I may have backed the Crows at +39.5 against the Pies earlier in the 2018 year. Strong favs to win that game, they lost by 48.

Maybe someone in here could tell us quickly how many games it would take betting at ~$1.06 to $1.16 odds to go from $1 to $100, I know there is an equation but Im too lazy to work it out.

I wouldnt be betting Straight up on a team to win, I would take certain strong favorites at home to not lose with a large + handicap. You can actually back teams at +39.5 at those odds. Tigers didnt lost a single game at home at +39.5, Eagles, Pies, Hawks. They were the top 4 teams. Admittedly its a bit easier looking back at the results in hindsight. But most of us last year would have had Tigers and Hawks in our top 8 or top 4.

With that said, I may have backed the Crows at +39.5 against the Pies earlier in the 2018 year. Strong favs to win that game, they lost by 48.
Takes 35 bets to get from $1 to $100 at $1.15

good Luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A strong favourite, say $1.40, would be $1.01 or 1.02 at +39.5. You'd have to take an outsider at $2.50+ to start to get towards $1.15.

Richmond, yes, but the Hawks were outsiders the for the top 8. They were $2.25 to make the 8, 3 of 19 Fox "experts" selected Hawthorn to make the 8 and The Roar did a public voting system (don't ask me the response size) and they were predicted to finish 10th.

Actually getting on a roll with something like this would be an awesome experience but in reality is one of those things where you hear about the awesome successes but the reality of the success rate is exponentially less than those outlier successes suggest.

Ultimate Sniper got rolled in the first at Alexandra Park so will need to start again. SP was $1.14
They didnt come across for the NSW Derby (heat last Sat, final tomorrow) because the horse wasnt right/ready. Couldnt have taken the $1.14 knowing that. Plus Mark and Nat need all the good juice for their other horses in Sat night.

They didnt come across for the NSW Derby (heat last Sat, final tomorrow) because the horse wasnt right/ready. Couldnt have taken the $1.14 knowing that. Plus Mark and Nat need all the good juice for their other horses in Sat night.

Sure you couldn't of ;)

how many $1.01 chances get beaten at the tennis. Its an insane way of betting unless you restrict yourself to a bank of about $10

Djokovic played 65 games last year and got rolled at $1.24, $1.10, $1.22, $1.18, $1.31, $1.08, $1.25, $1.18, $1.15.

Even in hindsight it is tough to find a reason for them happening.

Djokovic played 65 games last year and got rolled at $1.24, $1.10, $1.22, $1.18, $1.31, $1.08, $1.25, $1.18, $1.15.

Even in hindsight it is tough to find a reason for them happening.

If your going to take up this challenge, I dont think backing the same team/player would be the way to go as you would require a very long unbeaten run to achieve your goal. I still believe the challenge would be easier to achieve than say tennis or horse racing and especially team sports taking a handicap.

Recently Liverpool in the EPL had gone 20 games unbeaten. In all those games you could have backed Liverpool at least $1.03 or much better depending on the opponent with a +1 handicap. If you were conservative and took a +2 handicap against the big English sides, your goal of reaching $100 starting with $1 would still be alive.

Currently Liverpool have played 28 games and only lost the 1 game by 1 goal against big English side in Manchester City.

If your going to take up this challenge, I dont think backing the same team/player would be the way to go as you would require a very long unbeaten run to achieve your goal. I still believe the challenge would be easier to achieve than say tennis or horse racing and especially team sports taking a handicap.

I'm not suggesting that you follow the one player but even if you were cherry picking tennis for example it is going to throw up unpredictable results like that. I mean Djokovic at $1.08 in the French Open quarter final against a guy that hadn't won a main draw GS match before the tournament. Looks about as routine as it comes even with Novak a little underdone. Next minute....

I did this a few years back, started with $50, playing a circa $1.30-$1.45 pick each week. Pulled it at just over $2000. But had to sit through nic Nat putting one through after the siren for a $1200 win and another one that was gone at 3/4 time (norf game from memory) that snuck in at the end.

While it paid for drinks for my Ashes trip that year it had it's effect. Once you start winning on $800 bets it's very hard to go back to $20 bets. Took a while to adjust.

Each year since I've tried it for both NRL and AFL and been hosed in either round one or two. Good times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back