My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 7, Nuggs Bunny

Last edited by a moderator:

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Was it just me, or did he look leaner than he has at any time since joining the club? Had a real AFL body so to speak, not a scrap of puppy fat, just muscle and unbridled enthusiasm, aggression and utter sexiness.
I hope he can stay fit and play round 1, would love to see how he goes with an extended run in the senior side without the body holding him back.

Was it just me, or did he look leaner than he has at any time since joining the club? Had a real AFL body so to speak, not a scrap of puppy fat, just muscle and unbridled enthusiasm, aggression and utter sexiness.
I remember reading somewhere that he'd trimmed a few KGs. Looked ruthless tonight, he might finally be making it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
Was like a deer in highlights - He seems to lack game sense.

This my general concern with him, too, but I'm still hoping it could be overcome with some continuity.

Not sure if he'd be better off playing a run of games in the seniors, in what would likely be peripheral role, or being the main man in the middle in the VFL for six or so weeks. Leaning towards the latter.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Was like a deer in highlights - He seems to lack game sense.
Have no idea how you came to that conclusion, he barely made a mistake when going for the ball.
You kidding? I thought he was better than many players

Yes he looked powerful around the ball, but there is some truth to what Yaco was saying. The Deer look is more about being unsure where and when to go. I think that is purely just a lack of games over the last few years through injury.

What I want to say is that he looked really big. It took me ages to work out who the big blonde KPF was and who the big blonde KPD was. Hartley must have died his hair. Laverde was huge. Maybe he has slimmed down but he looked taller!

My post about Laverde is a reflection on Laverde's career to date - Yes, he's suffered injuries and therefore continuity in his game BUT in both VFL and AFL he lacks game sense - Sometimes this can be improved with experience, but I am yet to see this in Laverde's situation.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
He was great, a goal, two assists and 5 tackles in half a game. Do that every half and he’d be AA.

Plus 5 of his six possessions were score involvements. He needs to get more ball but he knows what to do with it.

Last edited:

Vander18

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
I liked the way he moved and attacked the ball - looked powerful and uninhibited.

Didn’t pay much attention to what he did with it but Yaco has a good eye for such things. If he can get his body and his intent right, hopefully the game sense comes with continuity. That’s not a given though.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Somehow can't fit him in my R1 team. Like the last spot is between him and Parish
Guess it depends on how we want to use them in the senior team, if its for a majority forward its obviously Lav and for midfield its Parish. Baguley wasnt very convincing forward and at his age id much rather Lav play in the team if he is fit.

Last edited:

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Guess it depends on how we want to use them in the senior team, if its for a majority forward its obviously Lav and for midfield its Parish. Baguley wasnt very convincing forward and at his age id much rather Lav play in the team if he is fit.
Yes I think the coaches will be happy to play Laverde ahead of Baguley.

I personally love Baguley as you know what you will get. However, what you'll get isn't as good as Laverde's best.

Back