Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

That is shirking the contest. Spent it before he had it. Tried to be too fancy by avoiding the contact to run on and kick a goal. If it comes off, no one bats an eye lid, but he didn't. The whole move was to avoid contact, that's shirking the contest. He should have held is line, marked and taken out the player and had the set shot. Or dropped the mark and cleaned up the player. He would have walloped him too.
By that logic shirking the contest would be choosing to wrong foot an opponent instead of trying to break their oncoming tackle. Swings and roundabouts I guess....or maybe I can't accept that Ryan (being the GOAT) would shirk a contest...

By that logic shirking the contest would be choosing to wrong foot an opponent instead of trying to break their oncoming tackle. Swings and roundabouts I guess....or maybe I can't accept that Ryan (being the GOAT) would shirk a contest...
Huge Kudos to turn it around mid game, that mark in the last quarter where he hits the post, he would have had self doubts for sure.

Buckley in an interview said the reason Vardy was unmarked in THAT play was that he had slipped over, so when he popped back up he was on his own but had 3 or 4 Pies players within a few meters.
Stars align...
campaigning begins

Buckley in an interview said the reason Vardy was unmarked in THAT play was that he had slipped over, so when he popped back up he was on his own but had 3 or 4 Pies players within a few meters.
Stars align...
campaigning begins
He's kind of right, you can see it in the video on this page
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-09/how-hero-schofield-sparked-eagles-matchwinner

Love that recap from Schoey too, and also it makes me mad that I can't access behind the goals vision during a game.

Six months on and i still find it hard to believe we won that granny in 2018 with everything that went against us during the season, that is why this will always be my favourite grand final win we have had, no where near a star studded team, but a star studded attitude. Still get a little emotional when i watch the game again, and i have watched it a few times :), and whilst i would love a back to back, nothing will ever take away what i felt on that day, and still do to this day in regards to our 2018 season.

Six months on and i still find it hard to believe we won that granny in 2018 with everything that went against us during the season, that is why this will always be my favourite grand final win we have had, no where near a star studded team, but a star studded attitude. Still get a little emotional when i watch the game again, and i have watched it a few times :), and whilst i would love a back to back, nothing will ever take away what i felt on that day, and still do to this day in regards to our 2018 season.

My feelings exactly. I still almost can’t believe it. Anytime I see a picture of the players with the cup or Hurn and Simmo holding it aloft, it just brings it all back. I feel like we waited so long to win another one, and it almost didn’t seem real. I’ve watched it so many time’s, and have been back through the season and watched a heap of our games (thanks Kayo for full replays of every game) and it makes it so enjoyable knowing how the season pans out.

I have also spent way to much money on every piece of merchandise you can imagine!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure he spotted up Sheed and simultaneously assessed that Rioli was in a position to lay a block that was subtle enough to fool the umpire. Awesome footy vision.

What hasn't been mentioned is Sheed's awesome other play - his game sense. After he kicked that goal of the century, he was back in centre for the bounce down - he put a block on Grundy, I think it was, which enabled the ball to be handballed by Vardy to Cripps then to JK, and Sheed just kept running straight down to HF knowing the next kick would be to there. He eventually got the ball to Shuey who got it to JD for what should have been the sealer. We owe a lot to Sheed for that wonderful win.

Yep always thought this, he was already thinking about spinning around the player before he completed the mark too clever for his own good there unfortunately, similar to Darling in the final minute spending it before he had it.

Was also surprised about Ryan getting widely bagged for having a bad game. Was instrumental in Hutchings goal, JK's awesome snap goal, and Sheeds. Also his sweet shirtfront on Maynard really made a line in the sand statement for the team. He's only a first year player FFS! Really hope he can stay on track and realise his full potential.
You missed his awesome hanger at the death. Honestly you take that game from a forward pocket every day of the week. Could have ended with 4 goals

It was one of, if not the very best, season I’ve watched as an Eagle supporter.

2019 has so much to live up to!

Fun fact i just realised, a couple of years ago Perth Wildcats had to wait until their 2nd game of the following season to unveil their championship banner at home because they got scheduled to play away for their first game against (coincidentally) .... Brisbane

Fun fact i just realised, a couple of years ago Perth Wildcats had to wait until their 2nd game of the following season to unveil their championship banner at home because they got scheduled to play away for their first game against (coincidentally) .... Brisbane
Did they go back 2 back?

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back