Current Claremont Murders - The Bunker

Is Bradley Edwards the Mystery Man in the CCTV?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the just released podcast, Lance in his own words says he got caught up in it by 'being too nosey'. Episode 2, not out will have his interview.

He could have just gone to the pub. He did pick up an undercover cop hitch hiking.

I was actually let down. It had nothing new, I just hope it gets better. Ido want to know more about LW. Does anyone know if each episode is getting released daily or weekly & how many are there? I haven't seen anything more about them & Perthnow's fb comments are only full of people tagging other people. It's a shitty so called "most relevant" choice, absolutely no content in it at all

I was actually let down. It had nothing new, I just hope it gets better. Ido want to know more about LW. Does anyone know if each episode is getting released daily or weekly & how many are there? I haven't seen anything more about them & Perthnow's fb comments are only full of people tagging other people. It's a shitty so called "most relevant" choice, absolutely no content in it at all

Short too, only 21 minutes. Really good investigative pods take time, this was done on the hop I think the next one might be better.

He made a mistake in the first couple of minutes too which was disappointing, he said the HD victim fled. Noooo he fled not her.

Mention of the Birnies was interesting, almost as if they all should have known what happened along Stirling Highway ten years ago. Also, no. When you're the age the girls were, many of them probably wouldn't have even heard of the Birnies.

Short too, only 21 minutes. Really good investigative pods take time, this was done on the hop I think the next one might be better.

He made a mistake in the first couple of minutes too which was disappointing, he said the HD victim fled. Noooo he fled not her.

Mention of the Birnies was interesting, almost as if they all should have known what happened along Stirling Highway ten years ago. Also, no. When you're the age the girls were, many of them probably wouldn't have even heard of the Birnies.
I thought that's what he said about the HD victim but then I thought, "surely not..." & I agree, far too short. The Casefile was better than this one. Hopefully they get better

For anybody interested in geographic profiling, I think this might indicate BREs anchor after the prowler series was probably the Cottesloe Exchange in Congden Street. (red balloon)

The anchor point is generally the offenders base he kicks off from, residence or place of work. They can have more than one.

cottexchange.png

Number 1 Congdon (Cnr Stirling Highway) is the Telstra depot.

If you have a look at Clive and Pennifather, there is a garage door entry underneath the building. Carpark underneath. It is very bunker like.

Is this where someone vanished until the heat died? Just up from Eric st.

Streetview - Telstra Exchange, Cottesloe

Number 1 Congdon (Cnr Stirling Highway) is the Telstra depot.

If you have a look at Clive and Pennifather, there is a garage door entry underneath the building. Carpark underneath. It is very bunker like.

Is this where someone vanished until the heat died? Just up from Eric st.

Streetview - Telstra Exchange, Cottesloe

Stories with bunkers over geoprofiling ......

You're talking about the same building I am at 1 Congden Street and it's called an exchange but call it a depot if you like. Pennifather runs parallel behind, the balloon on my map is placed over the middle of a deceptively big building.

No, no bunkers but who knows what serial killers take inspiration from?

CottExchange.jpg

For anybody interested in geographic profiling, I think this might indicate BREs anchor after the prowler series was probably the Cottesloe Exchange in Congden Street. (red balloon)

The anchor point is generally the offenders base he kicks off from, residence or place of work. They can have more than one.

View attachment 627536
Close

1551432805724.png

If the girls were all local to the area & KK being the youngest at 17, I'm pretty sure they'd have all known about the Birnies.
Perhaps not all old enough to have the Birnies come to mind when considering their own safety years later but CG & JR absolutely were.
JR was at Hollywood (yr 8) with Kate Moir (yr 12) & Suzanna Candy (yr 10) when their murder spree occured so absolutely certain she was aware.

If the girls were all local to the area & KK being the youngest at 17, I'm pretty sure they'd have all known about the Birnies.
Perhaps not all old enough to have the Birnies come to mind when considering their own safety years later but CG & JR absolutely were.
JR was at Hollywood (yr 8) with Kate Moir (yr 12) & Suzanna Candy (yr 10) when their murder spree occured so absolutely certain she was aware.
Very interesting. Suzanna Candy (victim of Birnies taken and murdered when 15 and hitchhiking on Stirling Hwy) was only 2 years older than Jane Rimmer and at same school.

Kate Moir 4 years older (tricked into visiting Birnie's house and the survivor) and went to the same school as Jane.

Jane must have been very aware of the dangers of hitchhiking and the Birnie serial killers. It would seem very unlikely that she would have got into any car with any stranger, unless it was a taxi I assume. She was last seen outside the Conti as though waiting for someone after her friends went home in a taxi.

So are the prosecution going to say the accused was known to Jane, or he masqueraded as a taxi driver?

https://thewest.com.au/news/claremo...ks-out-my-brother-is-no-killer-ng-b881122127z

Extract»
"The Supreme Court was told that during a six-hour interview with police after his arrest, Mr Edwards denied all allegations but could offer no explanation why traces of his DNA had been found on two of his alleged victims and a kimono left behind during the Huntingdale attack, or why his fingerprints were found on the door of another Huntingdale home after an attempted break-in.

Mr Edwards’ barrister, Paul Yovich, conceded that the forensic evidence would be “central” to the case — and flagged how he might set out to challenge it."

This is where the collection and handling of evidence and the chain of custody of the evidence becomes pivotal to the case IMO. I might add the storage of evidence, and thus whoever worked on the premises of where the evidence was stored between collection and testing might be just as pivotal. Especially if they had access to the exhibits without having to record their access to them.
This is the space that I am watching, especially after the collapse of a previous high profile murder case where some of those same issues were also pivotal to the collapse of the prosecution case.
118ae854cdf8a0696b05c0be9445b47d.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would seem very unlikely that she would have got into any car with any stranger, unless it was a taxi I assume. She was last seen outside the Conti as though waiting for someone after her friends went home in a taxi.

So are the prosecution going to say the accused was known to Jane, or he masqueraded as a taxi driver?

Might the defence argue that Jane’s killer could be whoever it was that Jane was waiting for?

Maybe the prosecution does know who Jane was waiting for and will produce a witness as to what happened to any planned rendezvous that Jane had that fateful and tragic midnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://thewest.com.au/news/claremo...ks-out-my-brother-is-no-killer-ng-b881122127z

Extract»
"The Supreme Court was told that during a six-hour interview with police after his arrest, Mr Edwards denied all allegations but could offer no explanation why traces of his DNA had been found on two of his alleged victims and a kimono left behind during the Huntingdale attack, or why his fingerprints were found on the door of another Huntingdale home after an attempted break-in.

Mr Edwards’ barrister, Paul Yovich, conceded that the forensic evidence would be “central” to the case — and flagged how he might set out to challenge it."

This is where the collection and handling of evidence and the chain of custody of the evidence becomes pivotal to the case IMO. I might add the storage of evidence, and thus whoever worked on the premises of where the evidence was stored between collection and testing might be just as pivotal. Especially if they had access to the exhibits without having to record their access to them.
This is the space that I am watching, especially after the collapse of a previous high profile murder case where some of those same issues were also pivotal to the collapse of the prosecution case.
118ae854cdf8a0696b05c0be9445b47d.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ne...r/news-story/832ac79af939f622005db6e851dfd1e4

Extract»
"Ms Barbagallo also alleged Mr Edwards would masturbate into a sandwich bag before tying it up with a women’s hair tie"

It will be interesting to see whether any of these "sandwich bags" with extra mayo were ever discovered by other people? Where left lying around or in bins, or vehicles, where anyone else might've collected them etc?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ne...r/news-story/832ac79af939f622005db6e851dfd1e4

Extract»
"Ms Barbagallo also alleged Mr Edwards would masturbate into a sandwich bag before tying it up with a women’s hair tie"

It will be interesting to see whether any of these "sandwich bags" with extra mayo were ever discovered by other people? Where left lying around or in bins, or vehicles, where anyone else might've collected them etc?

This is why I want to do know what he did with them but so grossed out ... :oops:

This is why I want to do know what he did with them but so grossed out ... :oops:
Me too.

Could you imagine, if anyone else had ever found one of these "sandwich bags" because they worked with, or was in some other way proximate with the accused in the past, and then was later employed somewhere that had access to where the samples were stored, or being handled prior to testing?

How many worked at the Congdon Exchange? One?
I think wherever the accused worked or went to prior to the date that samples went to be re tested with the new DNA technology might be important, in light of the accusations involving masturbation into "sandwich bags". It was previously reported that he was working from the main Kewdale Depot for some time prior to his arrest for instance, was organising social excursions with Crocs football Club and Belmont Little Athletics, amongst other opportunities for anyone else to potentially report whether they ever saw such "sandwich bags".
In 2015 WAToday reported

"The Post reported that police, who said at the time the Karrakatta attack was not linked, had now changed their view after finding a forensic link in 2009 and a 12-member squad was working on the case."
https://www.watoday.com.au/national...vestigate-1995-rape-lead-20151016-gkaq8i.html

Last edited:
We've all been there, I know I have. You have a few drinks & you feel untouchable,invincible. The "it'll never happen to me" thoughts kick in & then the "well yeah, I know my school friend was the only survivor of the Bernies but they were caught sothe streets are safe now & I have nothing to worry about"
Re Sarah talking to someone in the car completely my own thoughts & not what I think happened for sure but liquid courage does that to a person . Them: "what are you doing waiting on the street like this, you know it's not safe for a young girl like you standing out here alone. I know we just shared a drink so you kind of know me & I won't hurt you. Why don't you jump in & I'll make sure you get wherever you're going safe & sound, you can't be too careful out here"

Sarah: "I'm not sure, I just ordered a taxi"

Them: "Look, jump in, you'll save money & get there faster than you will waiting for a cab"

Sarah: "Only if you're sure it's not out of your way....."
but, who the hell knows, I wasn't there but after a few drinks girls let their guards down & when slightly tipsy, you love everyone you meet on the night out. Alcohol messes with your judgement & you do things you'd never do if you were completely sober

Now I ponder certain police have known a long time, but there was not enough evidence. Much of the evidence like DNA was inadmissible into court as evidence until the latter. More evidence was gathered from other crimes.
Ironic that he was single again for six months then police pounced when a database sat there with fingerprints on it and no one was arrested.

Had it come time where enough admitted evidence gathered to prosecute?

Other crimes might suggest he wasn't watched.

Or had it come to a point where they weren't willing to take the risk of him striking again now that he was newly single again?
I think they've known far longer than we know about it but perhaps they were waiting for more evidence just so they had him covered for the crimes in every way possible because WAPOL can't afford to Ef this up like they have previously. Maybe they had to swoop when they did to save a potential victim's life with them knowing his triggers. These are only my own thoughts as I was a year younger that Sarah & because of the hospital visits to Perth from down south before my operation, I would see Sarah's face on that billboard every trip home again. This is one case that I've never been able to let go & so many scenarios have gone through my head. I just want justice for these girls & Sarah's remains found

Now I ponder certain police have known a long time, but there was not enough evidence. Much of the evidence like DNA was inadmissible into court as evidence until the latter. More evidence was gathered from other crimes.
Ironic that he was single again for six months then police pounced when a database sat there with fingerprints on it and no one was arrested.

Had it come time where enough admitted evidence gathered to prosecute?

Other crimes might suggest he wasn't watched.

Possible imo your earlier theory they matched a random DNA familial, had to work out what the relationship was then the investigative work started. Checking the family history led them into Huntingdale so they looked at historical crime, that led them to reopen the Huntingdale file, find the fingerprints and retest the kimono.

In which case, they could well have been working towards arresting BRE and had eyes on him for longer than a couple of weeks.

Possible imo your earlier theory they matched a random DNA familial, had to work out what the relationship was then the investigative work started. Checking the family history led them into Huntingdale so they looked at historical crime, that led them to reopen the Huntingdale file, find the fingerprints and retest the kimono.

In which case, they could well have been working towards arresting BRE and had eyes on him for longer than a couple of weeks.
As soon as they had DNA which didnt match anyone they'd have immediately done a broader search to see if they could trace a relative. Without drawing any conclusions, I'd think theres as good a chance as any that someone in the family had come to some attention previously, how closely related would depend on how quickly any such partial would have given them the person they believe is responsible. Seems to be a large proportion of males to females represented to choose from too.
Personally I dont believe the Kimono match was the be all and end all lucky break they'd been holding out for which gave them their break. It may have given them the piece they needed to obtain an arrest warrant or to narrow their focus to one specific person, but I dont think the testing of the Kimono was random.

Very interesting. Suzanna Candy (victim of Birnies taken and murdered when 15 and hitchhiking on Stirling Hwy) was only 2 years older than Jane Rimmer and at same school.

Kate Moir 4 years older (tricked into visiting Birnie's house and the survivor) and went to the same school as Jane.

Jane must have been very aware of the dangers of hitchhiking and the Birnie serial killers. It would seem very unlikely that she would have got into any car with any stranger, unless it was a taxi I assume. She was last seen outside the Conti as though waiting for someone after her friends went home in a taxi.

Kate got into their car voluntarily. It was the first victim Mary Nielsen who went looking for tyres.

I think the passage of time would have dulled memories of abduction being at the forefront of girls minds but I agree that Jane would likely have been very aware of the dangers & probably been more cautious than perhaps others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back