Bangladesh in NZ (3 ODI's & 3 Tests)

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mehedi Hasan Miraz must hate NZ. Averaging 94 over there and continually gets pumped. On that note he averages 20 in Bangladesh and 54 away from home.

Never seen him bowl before today but he's serving up pies. Long way to go on surfaces that dont offer him assistance

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Never seen him bowl before today but he's serving up pies. Long way to go on surfaces that dont offer him assistance
He's looked genuinely unplayable in a fair few matches in Bangladesh.

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Latham's doing pretty well this season (not the best opposition though). Wonder how many times an opener has scored hundreds in 3 successive test matches?

By New Zealand opener standards he's very good, but aside from a really good early series against Pakistan everything else has come against pretty weak bowling. I'd still have guys like Karunaratne, Elgar and Markram ahead of him right now though obviously the South Africans have had a poor run recently.

Could be wrong but I think Boony scored 3 in the India series of 91-92 but don’t know if he’d moved to 3 by then?
He had, up until Marsh was dropped for the last Test of the series anyway, and then Wayne Phillips was brought in to replace Marsh.

weetert

All Australian
Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why do NZ play so many tests at home vs WI,SL and BAN? 16 in the last six years (including the next two).

Why do NZ play so many tests at home vs WI,SL and BAN? 16 in the last six years (including the next two).
Given that Australia, England, South Africa and India decline to really tour there with much regularity (for Tests at least), they're not really left with many other teams to play.

I mean, we are on their door step and we have played a grand total of four Tests there since the end of our 2004-05 series there.

Back