AFLW Rd 5 Geelong vs Brisbane Lions Sat. 2nd March @ Moreton Bay Sports Complex

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the best 2 minutes of football we have seen from this team this year? 2 quick goals, a quick kick forward into an open forward line is great

not happy that McWilliams called for a trainer though

Was that Erin Hoare's first mark? Shame about the kick though.

It was interesting watching Hoare "live/at the game" for the first time last week - not on TV. She doesn't seem to necessarily be a natural athlete, no doubt she is tall & that is an advantage for her, but watching her run at one stage she looked awkward & a little uncomfortable.

It seemed with that play that she took the mark and then with the space in front of her decided to run and kick, but I don't think that's really her play. I don't want to discourage her from taking the game on, but it might be best if her instructions are more, when you take a mark, go back for your kick rather than kicking on the run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times have the Lions players taken possession, been tackled & not correctly disposed of the ball with nothing called by the umpires?

127. :p

3.4 to 0.1 after half time. Ripping defensive effort.

Didn't they kick their behind as the first score of the second half also? That would mean we then kicked 3.4 to finish the game

I think that's also the first time we have kicked a goal in each quarter which is a good sign

Great footage just before - 7 was interviewing Hickey and cut to footage of the team not just talking to the fans & signing autographs, but actually getting off the field and walking through the crowd to interact with the fans

That's one area I believe the AFLW excels over the AFL is the interaction between players and the fans, especially after games where the players spend so much time interacting with the fans that staff have to call them into the rooms to sign the song, maybe get some media done & all those other post-game things that need doing.

Love seeing how fans & Geelong fans have taken to this competition - I know it's not for everyone, but for those who have embraced it, it seems they have really embraced it hard

Someone on FB just posted that Brisbane's score of 1.2.8 is the lowest ever score in AFLW history. So we've conceded the lowest VFL/AFL score and now the lowest AFLW score ever. I'll take that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back