Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I have put a bit of size on, and I’m definitely feeling stronger. I’m leaner too. My skinfolds are down and I’m definitely noticing it helping me run better.
“I’m feeling much fitter and am able to get to more contests to help out.”
With versatility becoming an ever-important facet of the modern game, the North number nine believes he can have an impact in more than just a midfield role.
“I definitely see myself as midfielder, but I think I have the ability to roll forward as well when I need to, which is something I did in my juniors.”

If there is no room for LDU in the midfield full time start him at forward pocket instead of Hrovat

Hrovat is further out of the best 22 than LDU. There is no vacancy in the forward line.

Currently, our forward line is probably going to be Brown, Wood, Larkey as key talls with Ziebell, Simpkin and Atley as the non-key talls.

Hrovat got game time because our midfield was quite thin, Jacobs was out injured and we mostly had kids on the pine. Adding Hall, Polec, Tyson to the midfield and Pittard to the half-back which might dislodge someone like McDonald to the middle more, I can't really see any room for Hrovat given the club will want to bring Thomas and Scott into the fold as soon as possible, both can play in the middle or up forward.

I thought he was in that 22-26 group, and likely to be an emergency come round one, but if he puts in another performance like that in JLT2 then he just has to play.

What was great about his game was that there were the genuine wow moments, which we've seen before, but he also was more consistently influential than he has been in the past, which will naturally come with more confidence. Seriously impressive today.

I thought he was in that 22-26 group, and likely to be an emergency come round one, but if he puts in another performance like that in JLT2 then he just has to play.

What was great about his game was that there were the genuine wow moments, which we've seen before, but he also was more consistently influential than he has been in the past, which will naturally come with more confidence. Seriously impressive today.

Looked way more composed and confident in his game. Very nice progress

Think his main issue last year was his running capacity and strength, and he seems to have improved both dramatically. He didn't really look as majorly tired as he did last year in large parts of the game, but when he was up and about in games last year he made impact and really showed those 'wow' moments.

Now he's more consistent and making more moments.

Obviously he's not at beast mode yet he can go even further, but from where he was to where he is now its a huge improvement. He got 27 disposals today on top of some other impressive stats, a massive leap from his last seniors game.

He's going to have a huge improvement of a season.

I would rather not * with him.

He's arguably the most talented player we've ever drafted other than Daniel Wells.

Let him learn his craft in an AFL midfield, he's clearly good enough now based on today, he gives the midfield a point of difference.

You could see his explosiveness around the contest today, his first couple of steps are quick for a guy of his size, he creates space for himself with ease.

He's still got another 5 or so kg's to put on over the next few years.

If we move anyone to half back, it should be Ahern. He played alot there as a junior and his decision making, kicking skills and kicking penetration is first class.

If we move anyone to half back, it should be Ahern. He played alot there as a junior and his decision making, kicking skills and kicking penetration is first class.
Don't mind that idea at all. If we want to get a class ball user coming out of the back half, then I think that would be worth exploring. I guess you lose something in terms of the clearance ability he's shown, but in Cunners, Tyson, and LDU we won't lose too much there, but could gain a lot.

Don't mind that idea at all. If we want to get a class ball user coming out of the back half, then I think that would be worth exploring. I guess you lose something in terms of the clearance ability he's shown, but in Cunners, Tyson, and LDU we won't lose too much there, but could gain a lot.
You could aim to have one of Higgo or Ahern behind the ball at times during the game. Polec too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather not **** with him.

He's arguably the most talented player we've ever drafted other than Daniel Wells.

Let him learn his craft in an AFL midfield, he's clearly good enough now based on today, he gives the midfield a point of difference.

You could see his explosiveness around the contest today, his first couple of steps are quick for a guy of his size, he creates space for himself with ease.

That makes alot of sense. Ahern could really be damaging across half back. Would rather him play loose than McMillan. Give me 20 possessions out of Ahern across half back rather than 30 from McMillan.

I would rather not **** with him.

Another one I’d look at moving back is froggy, smart ball user and hard as cats head.

giphy.gif

Not surprised.

At all.
Had great intensity today, and the confidence to just burst away from a stoppage and take the game on was on display. Had some genuine mongrel as well with some of his tackles. Will be unstoppable in 2-3 years time.

LDU looked fantastic yesterday! Do you lads expect him to play much midfield time in the seniors during the actual season with guys like Cunnington, Tyson, Higgins, Ahern, Hall, etc playing in there?

Or do you reckon he’s good enough that he has to be played in the middle ahead of some of those guys? :)

Asking for Supercoach but also just in general because I really rate LDU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back