Other The Off-Topic Thread

Facebook/etc played an equal part too

No doubt... but I'm more talking about the imac/iphone users and their incessant insistance on how they would never use anything else, even though there were better products on the market.

It was an amazing brainwashing by Apple.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
No doubt... but I'm more talking about the imac/iphone users and their incessant insistance on how they would never use anything else, even though there were better products on the market.

It was an amazing brainwashing by Apple.
That is still going on today. So many people just assume Apple/iphone is better/best. Really shows you the power of advertising or peer influence or "fashionableness" or whatever.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
1552178030871.png

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
they're all still upside down to me
good example why i see everything differently to most people

some people are saying...
Goes back and forth for me. Initially all upside down
Then lower left bowls turn everything right side up til I see upper right corner and it’s all upside down again

i think this means you have a good healthy brain/eyes. Because the brain is supposed to quickly adapt and change its perception to perceive things correctly, to adjust to environment around you, spatial awareness, and all those types of things

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm so surprisingly shocked. I stopped following The Cult's music after the "Electric" album. Wrapped them up as "just a dorky rock band". But having gone back and d/l'd their full catalog and given all those albums they made after a real listen.....I have fallen in love with them. They have such a broad and diverse musical capacity. They really developed and expanded their repertoire. So many amazing guitar riffs, so many amazing sad songs and sad bits of music/instrumentation, so many powerful thunderous hard-rock tracks, and wowsers at Ian Astbury's vocal range.

Highly recommend the following albums....so much listening joy in them, so much variety and what sounds like all-time G.O.A.T. melodies and riffs and vocal parts in their music. Like better than anything ever produced by all rock bands. Like right up there with all the other all-time great bands.

Albums...
"The Cult"
"Beyond Good and Evil"
"Born Into This"
"Choice of Weapon"
"Hidden City"

Back