Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

How sad that political correctness has driven so many off this board !

That is true sadness.

A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning

By John Donne

As virtuous men pass mildly away,
And whisper to their souls to go,
Whilst some of their sad friends do say
The breath goes now, and some say, No:

So let us melt, and make no noise,
No tear-floods, nor sigh-tempests move;
'Twere profanation of our joys
To tell the laity our love.

Moving of th' earth brings harms and fears,
Men reckon what it did, and meant;
But trepidation of the spheres,
Though greater far, is innocent.

Dull sublunary lovers' love
(Whose soul is sense) cannot admit
Absence, because it doth remove
Those things which elemented it.

But we by a love so much refined,
That our selves know not what it is,
Inter-assured of the mind,
Care less, eyes, lips, and hands to miss.

Our two souls therefore, which are one,
Though I must go, endure not yet
A breach, but an expansion,
Like gold to airy thinness beat.

If they be two, they are two so
As stiff twin compasses are two;
Thy soul, the fixed foot, makes no show
To move, but doth, if the other do.

And though it in the center sit,
Yet when the other far doth roam,
It leans and hearkens after it,
And grows erect, as that comes home.

Such wilt thou be to me, who must,
Like th' other foot, obliquely run;
Thy firmness makes my circle just,
And makes me end where I begun.

Has it? Posters always come and go, it is the natural state of things.

So many reasons to stay too!

Some interesting tid bits & fans as passionate as you that you can just start talking to (pretty much) instantly if you want! No more calling the only mad keen Swans supporting mate you know to talk strategy & get the same old reasoning & opinion... BF opens up your world to the possibility of others' opinions. It gives you a basis to express opinions & perhaps test them when called to defend them.

... You might even have a laugh occassionally!

It's a brilliant board with a diverse & passionate group of posters, from all over the place, bound together by our shared love of this great club.

Swans BF kicks arse.

:hearts:

So many reasons to stay too!

Some interesting tid bits & fans as passionate as you that you can just start talking to (pretty much) instantly if you want! No more calling the only mad keen Swans supporting mate you know to talk strategy & get the same old reasoning & opinion... BF opens up your world to the possibility of others' opinions. It gives you a basis to express opinions & perhaps test them when called to defend them.

... You might even have a laugh occassionally!

It's a brilliant board with a diverse & passionate group of posters, from all over the place, bound together by our shared love of this great club.

Swans BF kicks arse.
It's changed , too restrictive and we have lost some believe me , Just had a call from one who said he'll never post again and his footy brain is better than most with an extensive coaching record.
I will just post at times when I get some info.

It's changed , too restrictive and we have lost some believe me , Just had a call from one who said he'll never post again and his footy brain is better than most with an extensive coaching record.
That's a shame.

Posters do come & go but I hope whoever it is decides to rejoin the fray here one day.

Ok ok illl stay

But you don't post as much anymore , the same as a few of us on a chat forum.

You used to complain when he posted too much, now you're complaining that he doesn't post enough?!

I would love to know what bedford would like to say but can't anymore. I'm sure the list of things would be full of sparkling content that would make the board a better place for all. Or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to know what bedford would like to say but can't anymore. I'm sure the list of things would be full of sparkling content that would make the board a better place for all. Or not.
Now your one I've never encountered on this thread in the past . There have been many posters in the past who we have chewed the fat on this forum , good and bad . So now this thread has a K on it I will retire.

Now your one I've never encountered on this thread in the past . There have been many posters in the past who we have chewed the fat on this forum , good and bad . So now this thread has a K on it I will retire.

I can't imagine you retiring... I can see you terrorising the board for years to come

You got that all wrong my friend , the King and I have no problem RW you are wrong on this one and i'm sure the Monarch will reply in a positive manner.

Thick as thieves

Not much use when all he did was berate other people and talk about how he could pass on information but wouldn't.

Because he knows more than most on here , very frustrating for those than have footy smarts. Something about the K's !

The footy media is full of mostly ex-players who allegedly know more & supposedly have footy smarts...most of them are muppets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back