Recommitted Matthew Kreuzer [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

So glad the Blues overlooked Cotchin for Kruezer.

Injuries never gave him a shot to show what he could really do.

When’s he out of contract? I wonder if swritching clubs to chase success would be a career motivator for him at this stage. Or whether he’s happy to be a good player in a terribly unsuccessful era for the Blues.

When’s he out of contract? I wonder if swritching clubs to chase success would be a career motivator for him at this stage. Or whether he’s happy to be a good player in a terribly unsuccessful era for the Blues.

He’s OOC at the end of this year.

Wanted to switch at the end of 2015 as a free agent, but failed a medical at Collingwood and we ended up retaining him.

I think a few clubs would be interested if he wanted out, but the compensation would be negligible so I think we will offer him a reasonable contract to stay on a few years.

That being said, we’d be perfectly fine having Lobbe and Phillips as our main ruckman for a few years while De Koning develops and we look to snaffle a ruckman on the cheap ala Witts, Nankervis, Vardy. You’d think we could just pass on any compensation we’d get for Kreuzer for a 2nd stringer, and that would be a good result for the club.

Wanted to switch at the end of 2015 as a free agent, but failed a medical at Collingwood and we ended up retaining him.

I think a few clubs would be interested if he wanted out, but the compensation would be negligible so I think we will offer him a reasonable contract to stay on a few years.

That being said, we’d be perfectly fine having Lobbe and Phillips as our main ruckman for a few years while De Koning develops and we look to snaffle a ruckman on the cheap ala Witts, Nankervis, Vardy. You’d think we could just pass on any compensation we’d get for Kreuzer for a 2nd stringer, and that would be a good result for the club.
Phillips didn't get much attention but Ithought he had a really good hitout against the Bombers.

Phillips didn't get much attention but Ithought he had a really good hitout against the Bombers.

Hard to get a gauge on Phillips sometimes because the game between his best and worst is reasonably big. Not a big thread forward either.

I thought Zac Clarke had a good game too, despite out midfield being better on the day.

All sides go through long unsuccessful periods, you of all people should know that, but most players are loyal.

MK will have lead our young group

Would have loved him when he was last exploring his options but I think with our young talls now he wouldn’t be part of our plans.

Shame, reckon he is the perfect foil to Nakervis in the short term with the new rules in place.

All sides go through long unsuccessful periods, you of all people should know that, but most players are loyal.

MK will have lead our young group

I actually suspect Lobbe is better in this regard.

Kreuzer leads by example, but isn’t ever talked up as a mentor to the younger players.

If we’re looking at seriously contending in the next 3-4 years and Kreuzer can remain fit he’s useful, otherwise I think we will look at our options. As I’ve said above, the lack of compensation will be a major deterrent to parting with Kreuz.

Would have loved him when he was last exploring his options but I think with our young talls now he wouldn’t be part of our plans.

Shame, reckon he is the perfect foil to Nakervis in the short term with the new rules in place.

Coincidentally, he played his best season in 2017.

That being said you never know the impact of bringing in one player ahead of others. You may have missed out on Caddy or Prestia, who became key figures that year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back