Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Thread started by a Blues supporter on the main board:

The Lid is off, kid goes okay, i can see why Gold Coast were desperate to trade for him, especially as its reported he wasn't a flight risk.

This lad ain't some pampered Mummy's boy, he is the real deal.

As stupid as it sounds, part of me now is convinced we (Carlton FC) tanked all of 2019 to ensure we nabbed Walsh at pick 1 (whom now appears to be the AFL's version of Zion Williamson)

Gold Coast tried their hardest (reportedly) to trade for Walsh, he is a once in a generation talent that is fortunate to play for the Carlton Football Club (and vice versa)
Unfortunately its been locked. Granted he looks like a star in the making but how about we wait until he plays a few games before we annoint him as the greatest of all time.

Remember when James Sellar kicked 5 in a pre season game

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The kid looks a future gun. But I think they need to hold off getting to excited. He won’t do that week in week out during finals. Like Curnow last year. Again he’ll be a gun but he’s taking time.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thread started by a Blues supporter on the main board:

The Lid is off, kid goes okay, i can see why Gold Coast were desperate to trade for him, especially as its reported he wasn't a flight risk.

This lad ain't some pampered Mummy's boy, he is the real deal.

As stupid as it sounds, part of me now is convinced we (Carlton FC) tanked all of 2019 to ensure we nabbed Walsh at pick 1 (whom now appears to be the AFL's version of Zion Williamson)

Gold Coast tried their hardest (reportedly) to trade for Walsh, he is a once in a generation talent that is fortunate to play for the Carlton Football Club (and vice versa)
Unfortunately its been locked. Granted he looks like a star in the making but how about we wait until he plays a few games before we annoint him as the greatest of all time.
Nah mate, lid is off.

2019 brownlow medalist- S. Walsh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear are we the only supporter base who doesn't take JLT seriously? We could lose by 100 tomorrow and as long as we have no injuries I wouldn't care at all.

I’d be disappointed and annoyed, but I wouldn’t be slashing my wrists.

Conversely, if we win by 100, I wouldn’t be rushing out to mortgage the house to bet on us for the flag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walsh will be compared to a lot of past players. The idiots who are paid to observe and commentate on the game are too unimaginative to recognise he is unique and therefore seek a resemblance to something tangible they are comfortable with.

Good young kids in the future will be compared to Walsh.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Walsh will be compared to a lot of past players. The idiots who are paid to observe and commentate on the game are too unimaginative to recognise he is unique and therefore seek a resemblance to something tangible they are comfortable with.

Good young kids in the future will be compared to Walsh.

Hopefully someone just runs through that kid at the opening bounce against the tigs and ends his day for the melts

Hopefully someone just runs through that kid at the opening bounce against the tigs and ends his day for the melts
I mean for all we know, he could becomes as good as Cripps and Oliver very quickly. But the levels some of their supporters have fallen to is embarrassing. Is it just me that doesn't give a toss which way pre-season results go? You literally can't take anything out of them. Your structures are barely tested because the intensity is down, your older players aren't trying because they want to conserve their bodies, and the younger players look amazing because they have free rein to take the game on, which all changes when the crowds turn up and the real stuff starts.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I mean for all we know, he could becomes as good as Cripps and Oliver very quickly. But the levels some of their supporters have fallen to is embarrassing. Is it just me that doesn't give a toss which way pre-season results go? You literally can't take anything out of them. Your structures are barely tested because the intensity is down, your older players aren't trying because they want to conserve their bodies, and the younger players look amazing because they have free rein to take the game on, which all changes when the crowds turn up and the real stuff starts.

Every time Im watching a pre season game I just remind meself of when Fev and Carlton lifted the old pre season trophy and then finished dead last, pretty sure Brisbane did the same.

Plenty of blokes have starred in the preseason and been delisted in the same season

Every time Im watching a pre season game I just remind meself of when Fev and Carlton lifted the old pre season trophy and then finished dead last, pretty sure Brisbane did the same.

Plenty of blokes have starred in the preseason and been delisted in the same season
I'll tune in today, and went along last Friday, but as a rule I take nothing from them. Was meant to go with Gysberts2Bate but ended up having to do a whole lot of work instead (soz mate)

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Getting in early for our game against the Tigers. You'd get 1.01 odds you'll see some of the following on the Richmond board post game:

If Richmond lose:
'GoDees playing their Grand Final'
'Dees March premiers again'
'Looks like we still have gastro'
'Just wait till we get Castagna back'

If Richmond win:
'GoDees at the snow early'
'Imagine losing when we don't even have Castagna in'
'Dees can't beat top 8 sides'

By far the worst board on BF.
Found one on the first page I looked at on the Richmond match day thread.
"Melbourne playing they're Grand Final while we're cruising at 60%"
They have no idea how many of best 22 isnt playing as they are too busy whinging about the umpires. Can't wait until they start saying how s**t we are once they get on top.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Too much gold to ignore. Talk about getting overexcited about a practice match. :drunk:

lol we try for 5 mins and it's back to even
love dimmer's arrogance since we won the flag, he knows we are so far above everyone that we can treat games like this as a joke

their only chance of beating us this season is injuring our good players in this game

scary to think how much we would slaughter teams by if we actually got a fair go from les flouros.

Who are Melbourne actually missing besides gawn?

Frees Richmond 16 Melbourne 27.
Umps practicing to stick it to us for the year........again.

we would've won by 85 if we tried in the first quarter and didn't kick s**t all day

Yeah.. you could definitely tell our guys started with "praccie game " mentality, and they were in finals intensity mode. Dimma must have said at quarter time... "ok boys, they want to play.. so lets bring it!!".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back