Movie Star Wars - Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucas confirmed to direct a scene or two, wait what? Where has this been confirmed GG?
GG needs to have a quick look at the definition of 'confirmed'. It absolutely has not been confirmed by anyone other than the usual YouTube sites that have no track record. The only thing close to resembling a real outlet reporting on it is the Express in the UK, which publishes every bullshit rumour to generate clicks (apparently last year, Lucas was replacing Kennedy on all Episode IX matters :drunk:)

GG needs to have a quick look at the definition of 'confirmed'. It absolutely has not been confirmed by anyone other than the usual YouTube sites that have no track record. The only thing close to resembling a real outlet reporting on it is the Express in the UK, which publishes every bullshit rumour to generate clicks (apparently last year, Lucas was replacing Kennedy on all Episode IX matters :drunk:)
mere semantics. it might be a "best kept secret" but everyone in the business (and business of reporting/leaks/insider info) knows

mere semantics. it might be a "best kept secret" but everyone in the business (and business of reporting/leaks/insider info) knows
It's far from semantics, it's rumour and innuendo. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that JJ has had a conversation with Lucas, much as he did for Episode VII and the rest has been entirely misconstrued. There is no way JJ is going to hand over 'his' film to someone else.

It's far from semantics, it's rumour and innuendo. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that JJ has had a conversation with Lucas, much as he did for Episode VII and the rest has been entirely misconstrued. There is no way JJ is going to hand over 'his' film to someone else.
now youre misconstruing the supposedly miscontrued by suggesting JJ is handing over IX to GL, when all it is is advising, helping, polishing up some things, abd directing a scene with mark hammil

Fett was never intended to develop the following he did. Phasma, like Maul, was pumped up from the get go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to admit that Maul has been a success in both following and longevity.

i watched ONE of his videos the past six (?) months. i watched a ton back then, remember i was pasting them? but since then i stopped completely

Ok that’s fair enough then. I mistakenly assumed everytime you’ve posted a video of him here that you had actually watched it yourself.

Yep. For me, “confirmed” means it’s come from the mouth of say Abrams, Kennedy, Lucas himself, or via say Mark Hamill or Lucasfilm etc. Official channels.

If you're a casual Star Wars fan, as most people would be, Maul has no longevity. He appears in TPM and then bizarrely in Solo, screwing around with people's perceptions of timelines. The majority of people that saw Solo likely have not seen The Clone Wars or Rebels.

I was trying to distinguish between Maul and Phasma. Maul was a successful character from the TPM because he did well I believe in toys, video games and spin-offs and seems to have found a place in the domain of fan artists and the like. You get cosplayers doing Fett and Maul after all this time too. I personally consider that to be successful and I doubt Phasma will last in the minds of casual or hardcore fans. In my mind I don’t have “casual fan” as the sole type of fan to measure success.

Just my opinion.

There’s a cool theory that Snoke was a physical force projection of a mentally ill Kylo Ren. It would certainly explain a lot.

So every time Hux and Snoke were talking it was actually Hux and Kylo?

The reveal of Snoke bridging Rey and Kylo's minds would be weird if that was the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So every time Hux and Snoke were talking it was actually Hux and Kylo?

The reveal of Snoke bridging Rey and Kylo's minds would be weird if that was the case.

Correct in a way. It’s not to say that Kylo had direct control over Snoke but that Snoke was produced by Kylo’s incredible and warped obsession with the empire along with immense raw power.

Kylo wouldn’t even need to be aware of it, though Luke and Leia may’ve been. I actually think it would help fix some of the blunders of The Last Jedi.

Perhaps it’s just me, but I think that theory is terrible.

Fair enough. It’s probably not going to even happen but why do you think it’s a bad theory?

Fair enough. It’s probably not going to even happen but why do you think it’s a bad theory?

Have no problem with the mentally ill aspect of the theory, clearly Kylo is a troubled soul. That much is evident.

For me though, Snoke is clearly a real person. The way he was spoken about in TFA (by both Han and Leia) when they were referring to Ben’s descent.

The powers Snoke displayed as well were clearly next level. Doesn’t seem to be plausible that it’d be possible via a projection.

One of my highlights of TLJ was the way he toyed with Rey, flicked her aside at will. Clearly this guy is in a league of his own (perhaps only rivalled by Luke at the time).

And I’m probably more averse to these types of theories because I’m an unabashed fan of Andy Serkis. The man is a genuis, loved what he did with the Snoke character despite it being all too brief unfortunately.

Have no problem with the mentally ill aspect of the theory, clearly Kylo is a troubled soul. That much is evident.

For me though, Snoke is clearly a real person. The way he was spoken about in TFA (by both Han and Leia) when they were referring to Ben’s descent.

The powers Snoke displayed as well were clearly next level. Doesn’t seem to be plausible that it’d be possible via a projection.

One of my highlights of TLJ was the way he toyed with Rey, flicked her aside at will. Clearly this guy is in a league of his own (perhaps only rivalled by Luke at the time).

And I’m probably more averse to these types of theories because I’m an unabashed fan of Andy Serkis. The man is a genuis, loved what he did with the Snoke character despite it being all too brief unfortunately.

Don't fret tho. Snoke is definitely NOT Kylo's imaginary friend. There is a whole comic/book series about Snoke, his backstory, etc, that is due to release a few weeks before Ep9 releases.

Don't fret tho. Snoke is definitely NOT Kylo's imaginary friend. There is a whole comic/book series about Snoke, his backstory, etc, that is due to release a few weeks before Ep9 releases.

Disney sure do take the piss a bit by bypassing the backstory of a character like Snoke in two films, and instead wedge it into a comic series instead.

Disney sure do take the piss a bit by bypassing the backstory of a character like Snoke in two films, and instead wedge it into a comic series instead.
And the comic series wont reveal exactly who he is until Ep9 releases. So they'll dilly-dally for a few editions, ep9 releases, then they'll delve into him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back