JLT-2 Crows v GWS on Friday 8 March at 6.40 p.m. ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
The DON has indicated that he would like to play as close as possible to the best 22 available for round one.

Over the last two weeks 37 players have had either one or two games. We are yet to see;
Talia, Brown, Mackay, Greenwood, Gibbs, Himmelberg and McPherson. All of these players have a niggle or have had an intrupted pre-season. It sounds like Talia, Brown and Gibbs will play next week, Greenwood and Mackay are possibles, Himmelberg crickets, McPherson no.

Assuming we play the maximum allowed of 26 (I think we may play less based on comments from the DON), who comes in and who misses out?

My guess ( not my preference) is
In - Talia, Brown, Gibbs, Gallucci, McHenry
Out - Brouch (rested), Doedee (rested), Betts (rested), Knight (rested), Poholke, Otten

Any other guesses? Closest to the pin wins an autographed copy of the 2019 #Vaderlist :eek:.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don would want to play our best side but given the AFLs diabolical scheduling I don’t think it’s the wisest move.

What we saw yesterday was most of our players looked in reasonable knick and not too many were rusty.

The KPFs didn’t do the equivalent work of our runners so I don’t think it’s an issue if they back up. We also had some players play 2 games already.

I think something like:

Out: Brad, Lynch, Betts, Matt, Knight, Keith and Doedee

In: depending on whose available, assuming the following are:

Brown, Talia, Ned, Gallucci, Gibbs, Mackay and Stengle

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
We also play Norwood in a Sanfl trial on Friday night which I’m going to have a look at. Love watching my 2 teams play each other and hate it at the same time. Can’t lose but can’t win.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I'd start by looking at players who backed up for both the U23 and JLT 1 games. Those players are: Brouch, Doedee, Murphy, Jones, Fogarty, Knight, Poholke, Keath, O'Brien. I can't see too many players being selected for all 3 games. By the same token, I think they'll want to pick the closest possible team to the R1 team.

My guess:
Out: O'Brien, Murphy, Jones, Poholke, Knight

That leaves Brouch, Doedee, Fogarty and Keath as the only players doing the triple.

The forecast here for Friday is 27 degrees, and mostly sunny. Should be just about perfect by the time the game starts at 7:10pm (AEDST).

lunacy

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Pyke has said JLT2 will be a dress rehearsal for rd 1 and then they have a week off before the season starts.
This suggests to me, no one will be rested unless they have a slight niggle (or injury).

I think we’ll see something like
Out: Otten O’Brien Poholke Jones
In: Talia Gibbs Greenwood Mackay (not what i’d do.
Does Fogarty get another game or do they go smaller?
I’d probably move out Douglas to give Gallucci or McHenry another game.
Does CEY play again even if Gibbs and Greenwood come back into the team? I guess with 26 players you can play an extra mid or 2.
Maybe even one of Hartigan or Keath have to make way along with Otten with Talia coming back because it’s not realistic to have that many tall defenders on top of Doedee & Kelly. But i’d like Hartigan and Keath to both get another crack so they can play off against each other for rd 1.
I’m assuming Brown will not be ready.

Out: ROB, Poholke, Jones, Keath, Fogarty, Knight

In: Hunter, Gibbs, Gallucci, Talia, Brown, Mackay

Gibbs, Brown and Talia are no-brainers; Gooch will get another opportunity to earn a round 1 spot; they'll rest Knight due to his injury history, plus it gives an excuse to pick Mackay.

*note this is what I think they will do, not what I would do

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
https://outline.com/WMJG5u

First-choice players set to return for Crows as they fine tune for season opener against Hawthorn

Adelaide could regain up to four first-choice players this weekend and go into the season opener against Hawthorn on March 23 at full strength.
Hugh Greenwood, Daniel Talia and Bryce Gibbs are all a chance to return to footy on Friday night in either the SANFL trial against Norwood or the Crows’ JLT Series game against GWS in Canberra which will be a fully-fledged dress rehearsal for Round 1.
Defender Luke Brown is recovering from an Achilles/ankle complaint and is less likely.
Riley Knight hurt his foot late in the game against the Power in Port Pirie on Saturday and came off, and is rated a 50 per cent chance to play this week.
“We’ll probably do a dress rehearsal for round one,” Pyke said.
“We were thinking today (Saturday) we had 26 (players) and used the 26. Myles Poholke and Chayce Jones didn’t come on until midway through the second quarter so we could get some minutes into guys early.
“Now we’ve just got to get them ready to play 100 minutes of footy come round one, so we’ll go (to Canberra) with a squad that’s going to allow us to do that and give our most likely line-up a good hitout in preparation for Round 1.”

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
I'd start by looking at players who backed up for both the U23 and JLT 1 games. Those players are: Brouch, Doedee, Murphy, Jones, Fogarty, Knight, Poholke, Keath, O'Brien. I can't see too many players being selected for all 3 games. By the same token, I think they'll want to pick the closest possible team to the R1 team.

My guess:
Out: O'Brien, Murphy, Jones, Poholke, Knight

That leaves Brouch, Doedee, Fogarty and Keath as the only players doing the triple.

The forecast here for Friday is 27 degrees, and mostly sunny. Should be just about perfect by the time the game starts at 7:10pm (AEDST).
Don't forget there is also the SANFL trial game option against Norwood the same day.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
they'll rest Knight due to his injury history, plus it gives an excuse to pick Mackay.
They won't play Mackay because he might be a bit scratchy and not look up to it

They'll let him ease in at Norwood where no one will notice

Then pick him for Round 1

No issues with that. Seasoned veteran who has proven he is up to it.

giphy.gif

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
The DON has indicated that he would like to play as close as possible to the best 22 available for round one.

Over the last two weeks 37 players have had either one or two games. We are yet to see;
Talia, Brown, Mackay, Greenwood, Gibbs, Himmelberg and McPherson. All of these players have a niggle or have had an intrupted pre-season. It sounds like Talia, Brown and Gibbs will play next week, Greenwood and Mackay are possibles, Himmelberg crickets, McPherson no.

Assuming we play the maximum allowed of 26 (I think we may play less based on comments from the DON), who comes in and who misses out?

My guess ( not my preference) is
Out - Brouch (rested), Doedee (rested), Betts (rested), Knight (rested), Poholke, Otten

Any other guesses? Closest to the pin wins an autographed copy of the 2019 #Vaderlist :eek:.
Pretty spot on as usual from you but I got a feeling they will keep the Brad Crouch train rolling even though I wouldn’t be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pretty spot on as usual from you but I got a feeling they will keep the Brad Crouch train rolling even though I wouldn’t be
I reckon based on what they’ve seen they will rest him, would be crazy to have him play again in 6 days. He’s back, he doesn’t need to play and they should know it

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon based on what they’ve seen they will rest him, would be crazy to have him play again in 6 days. He’s back, he doesn’t need to play and they should know it
Don’t worry I’m with you

I have a feeling they want him to play as much as possible for some reason even if it’s on less game time

Hope he’s rested

Its unfortunate the bench is not bigger as he would be great candidate to have to run for a quarter or a half just to get a few miles into him so he be prepared to do it regularly during the h&A season.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don’t worry I’m with you

I have a feeling they want him to play as much as possible for some reason even if it’s on less game time

Hope he’s rested
Yeah I know you are, just providing my reasons.

I honestly think they will rest him, he’s had 2 good hit outs and I reckon they’ve learnt their lesson from last year.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Team against Gws Jlt 2
Laird Talia Doedee
Seedsman Keath Milera
Atkins Sloane Smith
Lynch Jenkins McAdam
Betts Walker Gallucci

ROB MCrouch BCrouch

Gibbs Fogarty Jones McHenry

Inj: Knight, Greenwood, Brown

Round 1
Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Milera
Seedsman Sloane Smith
Lynch Jenkins Knight?(might be injured)
Betts Walker Gallucci

ROB MCrouch BCrouch

Gibbs Fogarty/Greenwood Atkins Jones/McAdam/McHenry

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just got my tickets in the Bradman Stand for this one. Is anybody coming over from Adelaide, or is that a bridge too far for JLT?
If anyone is coming, try Bambusa (Chinese/Malaysian) in Manuka for dinner before the match, and consider visiting the National Gallery for the Tate exhibition before going home on Saturday/Sunday. It's great: I saw it yesterday.

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
I just got my tickets in the Bradman Stand for this one. Is anybody coming over from Adelaide, or is that a bridge too far for JLT?
If anyone is coming, try Bambusa (Chinese/Malaysian) in Manuka for dinner before the match, and consider visiting the National Gallery for the Tate exhibition before going home on Saturday/Sunday. It's great: I saw it yesterday.

Commitment! I'm in Sydney all this week with work (from Perth) and would love to stay over, get to Canberra, and watch the JLT but that's not really possible where I work. Even if all additional flight and accommodation expenses are met personally.

Good on you for making the trip, and the national gallery is awesome.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Commitment! I'm in Sydney all this week with work (from Perth) and would love to stay over, get to Canberra, and watch the JLT but that's not really possible where I work. Even if all additional flight and accommodation expenses are met personally.

Good on you for making the trip, and the national gallery is awesome.

I'm local, mate, so not so much commitment! ;)

Back