Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://thewest.com.au/news/7-news-perth/fly-high-with-the-eagles-bc-6008626090001

Fans flying over east with and sitting next to the players?

Those poor fkrs, imagine some of the cashed up nutjobs you could get seated next to.

Is this a player welfare issue? Catching the red eye back, being badgered by some spectrumy man child. Our away form is under threat.

What a bizarre idea from the team who attacked a cameraman.

https://thewest.com.au/news/7-news-perth/fly-high-with-the-eagles-bc-6008626090001

Those poor fkrs, imagine some of the cashed up nutjobs you could get seated next to.

Is this a player welfare issue? Catching the red eye back, being badgered by some spectrumy man child. Our away form is under threat.

Looks to be a one off type thing and only to the game not home. I agree it's pretty strange from a team as cashed up as ours.

How is this "biased or ncompetent" or "inciteful" ?

They already fly with the general public, but this way they have control over it - fly when they want, where they want. And they can potentially make some money out of it. There's not really a downside to it. I expect in most cases players will still be sitting next to players - and if someone was annoying players, they'd get a tap on the shoulder. People paying for this would also want to see the Eagles win.

How is this "biased or ncompetent" or "inciteful" ?

It's just news. If we have a thread for that point me in the direction.

I'd hate to clog up a thread primarily filled with links to stories of meaningless predictions by proven footy know-nothings.

Who cares what any of these flogs think. They have to say something. And we're not going anywhere. This team can and will get better, which is ominous, but a boring story.

I find it strange that a team who is getting pumped in the centre clearances and bleeding goals from them has no way of stemming the bleeding by putting an extra defender or two back.

Imagine Gold Coast for example being powerless to stop their opponents (possibly bigger bodies/more talented) from pumping the ball forward at a centre clearance for an easy goal, only for them to have to go back to set up in the exact position which is harming them. It seems like a recipe for disaster to take away a coaches avenue to protecting his team from a weakness (centre clearances) to give them a chance of winning through different means or strengths of theirs.
Yeah I hate it.. it’s taking too many tactics out of the game. Sometimes winning scrappy is a teams only avenue at that moment in time. The AFL want all 18 teams playing like the top 4 which is childishly unrealistic and ignorant given everyone’s list is at a different stage of development. We’re possibly going to benefit from it but the majority of the comp won’t. You can guarantee the AFL will put their head in the sand and come up with a new rule next year to counteract it, rather than admit they’re wrong and remove it entirely. “Must have x amount of disposals before a shot at goal” or some other bullshit.

Dunstall during the Melbourne vs Richmond JLT game. Top 8 guaranteed teams; Melbourne, Richmond, Adelaide, and one other team that he's still unsure about except that it's not the Eagles.

Dunstall during the Melbourne vs Richmond JLT game. Top 8 guaranteed teams; Melbourne, Richmond, Adelaide, and one other team that he's still unsure about except that it's not the Eagles.

He said guarantee top 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Tigers and Demons JLT game and Dermie said something like "West Coast came good at the right time but Richmond were the best team in 2018".
That's fine, but Adelaide were the best team in 2017 and Sydney in 2016. None of them won the flag

Richmond finished on top so they were the best H&A away side in 2018 but for the season overall which includes finals we were the best team

Also I don’t think you can claim that a side that finished 2nd came good at the right time

It should be pointed out as well that whilst Richmond were 17-0 in Melbourne prior to finals they were a very disappointing 1-4 outside Victoria which contrasts markedly with our 9-3 record in WA and 7-3 away

In the one meeting between us and Richmond we won by 47 points giving them their biggest loss of the season

As a final note anyone who says a side is a lock for top 4 this early in the season is an idiot. Of the sides that made top 4 in 2018, Richmond was the only side predicted to achieve that result before the season by most - Collingwood, Hawthorn, West Coast and Melbourne if you want to count them didn’t feature in most preseason top fours

Very happy that we’re being ignored by the Victorian media though

That's fine, but Adelaide were the best team in 2017 and Sydney in 2016. None of them won the flag
And Fremantle in 2015😊

Heared that too. Given we were 2nd on the ladder from round 4 for all but a few weeks where we dipped to 3rd, I can see how he comes up with that notion. :drunk:

I do love this. West Coast was the best team for both the first half of the season and the pointy end of the season. Which means any slump in between was irrelevant.

Maybe the gap between our best and worst football was greater than Richmond more often but both West Coast and Collingwood played a higher standard of football.

- Have to win away from home to be respected
- Have to win away from home in Melbourne to be respected
- Have to win away from home in Melbourne at the MCG to be respected
- Have to win away from home in Melbourne at the MCG against a big club to be respected
- Have to win away from home in Melbourne at the MCG against a big club in the Grand Final to be respected
- Have to win away from home in Melbourne at the MCG against a big club in the Grand Final more than once to be respected

As Norm himself said. Keep sleepin.

It's best for the team to remain underrated. Hopefully we finish 2nd again and get to surprise everyone with another "fluke" premiership.

It's a fair call, LeCras retiring means we won't have anyone to kick our goals just like Mitchell and Priddis' retirements kept us from winning any ball last year. Any results that suggest that that wasn't the case are clearly anomalies (possibly caused by dark energy, we aren't certain what that does) that can be ignored for failing to fit into the flawless logical framework I've just outlined, which was first identified by scienticians in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back