Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Healy said in the telecast yesterday that he had done enough to guarantee a debut in round 1. I don't know if that is a positive or not, but I was impressed with what I saw. He looks to be one of the steals of the draft.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks like we have a Sam Gibson replacement with more pace and hopefully better skills.

People knocked Gibbo but the reason he got it so much was because he ran all day and ran to the right spots.

In one game you can see Bailey runs hard but runs to the right spots. If that performance is anything to go by he is going to be very good at AFL level.

Healy said in the telecast yesterday that he had done enough to guarantee a debut in round 1. I don't know if that is a positive or not, but I was impressed with what I saw. He looks to be one of the steals of the draft.

He did well but I don't know about that with a full roster available. Of course, we might not and he hasn't done his chances any harm. He looked like a 50+ game veteran.

When was the last time we had a little skinny kid come in and rack up 20 touches from the day one?

He looks like he's ready to roll in the seniors straight up and contribute, not just be in there for a taste.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ryan Bastinac.

There. I said it.

Has flown past a host of Best 22 types.

Kicking a little suspect but he seems to play within his limitations for the most part.
I find it funny that the biggest "worry" in his player profile is his kicking.

Yet he already pulls off some kicks that most of the others on the list wouldn't even think of.

If his kicking is "bad" we don't have a tonne to worry about

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I find it funny that the biggest "worry" in his player profile is his kicking.

Yet he already pulls off some kicks that most of the others on the list wouldn't even think of.

If his kicking is "bad" we don't have a tonne to worry about

Thats not even mentioning his shot on goal was pretty good. Not an easy angle to get.

Back