The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone worried Kyrie won't re-sign? A lot hinges on him committing.

I'm praying he won't. Dude is a Jimmy Butler-level egomaniac/cancer who lacks any sort of leadership or ability to make his teammates better. Kyrie cares about himself and his brand, not the Celtics winning a championship. This is patently obvious by now. People are too enamoured with his flashy handles and odd game-winner and fail to see he won't ever be the #1 guy on a serious contender. he's holding us back man

it's an opinion not widely held (yet) by Celtics fans because of the cult of personality thing going on with him but people will see the light eventually. What really worries me is that we'll trade away a few of Tatum/Brown/Terry/Smart only for Kyrie to walk anyway.

I'm praying he won't. Dude is a Jimmy Butler-level egomaniac/cancer who lacks any sort of leadership or ability to make his teammates better. Kyrie cares about himself and his brand, not the Celtics winning a championship. This is patently obvious by now. People are too enamoured with his flashy handles and odd game-winner and fail to see he won't ever be the #1 guy on a serious contender. he's holding us back man

it's an opinion not widely held (yet) by Celtics fans because of the cult of personality thing going on with him but people will see the light eventually. What really worries me is that we'll trade away a few of Tatum/Brown/Terry/Smart only for Kyrie to walk anyway.

I can see your point, but for me personally he is holding this club together and I would be more than happy to see Brown and Terry gone in a package for A.D if it means we keep Irving to a Max contract.

I'm starting to feel this way. It has been often noticeable when Kyrie is on the court, other players have just sat back as if they don't feel involved or feel engaged. The team meeting to clear the air a while ago hasn't appeared to have resolved the "issue(s)". I'll leave this quote by Marcus Morris for everyone to chew over:
"We don't have no attitude. We don't have no toughness. We ain't having fun. It hasn't been fun for a long time."

i

i

Good win today. Was nervous we’d be flat after the philly win, but after a shaky start we put them to the sword either side of qtr time.

Good to see Gordy & Al back it up with strong games again & hopefully now we get rolling post AS break.

Last edited:
What a disgusting loss today. How the * do we drop that being rested & them coming off a game in Orlando last night?? Great first qtr then we come out & serve up that rubbish in the 2nd.

These types of howlers are becoming too common for me to think we’ll be even a chance to get to the semi’s let alone east finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Bucks game was bowling shoe ugly. I'm starting to lean towards Kyrie not being good enough to build a champion team aroundhe can do the great things bit doesn't seem to do them regularly enough. We could use the salary elsewhere to make us a better team I feel.

What a disgusting loss today. How the **** do we drop that being rested & them coming off a game in Orlando last night?? Great first qtr then we come out & serve up that rubbish in the 2nd.

These types of howlers are becoming too common for me to think we’ll be even a chance to get to the semi’s let alone east finals.

Just saw the score. Yikes!

Is it just me or does LaVine have career games every time he plays us?

Regardless, rested against a shitkicker team coming off a road game, basically full strength roster, does not get much worse than that.

*....in free fall now. Honestly don’t know what the solution is either. For the talent we have, this is just unacceptable the s**t results we’re putting up.

Going to be at TD in 3 weeks....hope we’re playing better by then..

As much as i hate to say it but hayward needs to go for the contract he is on.
It has been so unfortunate with his injury he suffered but still we can't be having him if he's not 2016-17 hayward.

I doubt he goes anywhere as no one would be stupid enough to touch that contract with his s**t currency. I think we just have to ride it out & hope he comes into his own next year like PG did post his leg break.

I doubt he goes anywhere as no one would be stupid enough to touch that contract with his s**t currency. I think we just have to ride it out & hope he comes into his own next year like PG did post his leg break.
Going to be a very long ride. Plus tatum and brown have just felt the effects as badly as his injury.

As much as I like Stevens, he has to take some responsibility for the way we’ve played too. Hes got a deep pool of talent that he hasn’t harnessed anywhere near to what he should have.
Oh for sure, that is true but to a certain degree can he be blamed because it is the same players except hayward from last year. Just not performing as well as they were before.
I just hope this is fixed by the playoffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back