Updated George Pell * Dead at 81yo

Remove this Banner Ad

Any way, we don't know all the evidence. The circumstantial evidence may have been overwhelming. We have to accept and respect the courts finding until/unless an appeal finds otherwise. He was found guilty. My conscience tells me he should be defrocked.
The testimony of the victim must have been utterly believable. From what i understand he was cross examined for over a day by one of the best and aggressive. Pell has his legal right to appeal but is now a guilty man showing no remorse as the Judge said.

Yes, i find it amazing that people are offering maps off the church as evidence it could not happen. Looking for a scenarerio in which it may just have been not possible.
Pell has history which was not proven in court. This was due to the victims being considered unreliable , ie drug f***** after living with the abuse. There was the camp when Pell was in his 20s. Again good lawyers worked their magic over the victims.
To think a sex fiend is not impetuous and behaves without reason or sense is just in denial.

This witness was a professional in life, family man, educated, and was not able to be displayed as a money hungry , drug effected liar. His eveidence was compelling. Remember he answered questions from QC Richter for over a day, this guy makes cops appear genteel and stupid.
That article was long but worth reading. Also the swimming pool charges which the aborted trial was about. They weren't allowed to introduce some evidence so withdrew the charges.

So there is history going back to his younger days, Royal Commission evidence that he covered up for other Pedophile Priests and the very first thing he did as the Arch Bishop of Melbourne, to introduce the infamous "Melbourne Response" as a hated and flawed response to sexual abuse by the church in Victoria.

Pell always claimed he was exonerated by the earlier sexual abuse allegations resulting from the 1961 or 1962 camp at Philip Island. A church Inquiry with AJ Southwell QC in charge took place. Mr. Sher for George Pell submitted that the question of admissibility should be considered as if the inquiry was a proceeding "analogous to a criminal trial". He underlined the obvious fact that "an adverse finding would be nothing short of disastrous for (the respondent) and the Church". . . which Southwell agreed with.

Southwell Inquiry conclusion: I am not "satisfied that the complaint has been established", to quote the words of the principal term of reference.

CARDINAL GEORGE PELL WAS NOT "EXONERATED" of sex abuse allegations in the 2002 report by AJ Southwell QC.
https://independentaustralia.net/li...the-so-called-exoneration-of-george-pell,8728

Yes, i find it amazing that people are offering maps off the church as evidence it could not happen. Looking for a scenarerio in which it may just have been not possible.
Pell has history which was not proven in court. This was due to the victims being considered unreliable , ie drug f***** after living with the abuse. There was the camp when Pell was in his 20s. Again good lawyers worked their magic over the victims.
To think a sex fiend is not impetuous and behaves without reason or sense is just in denial.

This witness was a professional in life, family man, educated, and was not able to be displayed as a money hungry , drug effected liar. His eveidence was compelling. Remember he answered questions from QC Richter for over a day, this guy makes cops appear genteel and stupid.

There’s also allegations regarding an incident at a cinema that didn’t make it to trial.

God forbid anyone get in the road of your political agenda.

Anyone can go back and read my posts to read what you construed.

Victoria judicial system did not give George Pell a fair trial: Tom Percy QC

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/co...pell-a-fair-trial-tom-percy-qc-ng-b881123101z

God forbid anyone get in the road of your political agenda.

Anyone can go back and read my posts to read what you construed.

Victoria judicial system did not give George Pell a fair trial: Tom Percy QC

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/co...pell-a-fair-trial-tom-percy-qc-ng-b881123101z
Yes its clear you feel Pell is a victim, but dont you worry about all the true victims who have led a life of misery at Pells and Catholic churches doing.

Political agenda, the Catholic Church HAVE tormented and abused victims for decades, then covered up, them moved perpetrators to new parishes so they could continue their crimes. Then when the law does catch up with them the church stonewall victims and families , Pell himself was the most brutal repeated saying to families , Proove it in a dogmatic voice. These ARE facts. No agenda.

I am on the road for justice, a road that it is not in your directory.

Last edited:
Yes its clear you feel Pell is a victim, but dont you worry about all the true victims who have led a life of misery at Pells and Catholic churches doing.

You have some sort of mental issue. People can read what I said in both threads.

Here is an article by the Louise Milligan’s , authour of the new book on pell and what she faced trying to get the story out about Pells abuse. You just wonder what difficulties the victims faced if this is what a reporter had to go through.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/about/b...an-investigated-the-george-pell-case/10867884

Here is Louises story on four corners from tonight, she does well to give insight into what the victims felt and how they were traumatised. It shows Pells behaviour was not an apparition.
Great to get the police insight too.
Watching Four Corners in iview
https://iview.abc.net.au/show/four-corners

A really insightful letter to Andrew Bolt challenging him on his assertion Pell is not guilty.
Challenges all aspects of Bolts ill informed article.
Discusses how difficult it is for victims to come forward, the brazenness of perpetrators to offend in near proximity of potential witnesses, the pattern of allegations against Pell, it challenges all of Bolts assertions.
I don’t think Bolt understands what it means to have someone like him come out and challenge the victims evidence. It is salt into the wound. Then you have the flow on effect of people saying , hey here is a map of ther church how could it happen.????

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story...ims-wife-pens-powerful-letter-to-andrew-bolt/

Last edited:
The testimony of the victim must have been utterly believable. From what i understand he was cross examined for over a day by one of the best and aggressive. Pell has his legal right to appeal but is now a guilty man showing no remorse as the Judge said.
Only problem I have with this is that I don't believe its an issue of which scenario is more probable, or more believable; but rather whether, in the realm of human experience, an alternate explanation put forward is, or is not, reasonably possible. If it is a reasonably possible explanation, then in my mind that would constitute reasonable doubt. It's for this reason that I look forward to learning more about the basis, and eventual result, of the appeal.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to the Four Corners program and it struck me that both boys had scholarships to St Kevins but their parents couldn't afford to send them without a scholarship. Typical grooming behaviour to pick them.

I am not sure whether you know about the horrific case that occurred at Brisbane Grammar. I had my son's name down for this school but withdrew after hearing about this (lost the deposit). Happy at the local high school. Also happened at my old school Geelong College. Makes my blood boil.

Listening to the Four Corners program and it struck me that both boys had scholarships to St Kevins but their parents couldn't afford to send them without a scholarship. Typical grooming behaviour to pick them.

I am not sure whether you know about the horrific case that occurred at Brisbane Grammar. I had my son's name down for this school but withdrew after hearing about this (lost the deposit). Happy at the local high school. Also happened at my old school Geelong College. Makes my blood boil.
Thats right. There is a fiscal pressure not to rock the boat or you could be out of school.

Let me see if I am understanding you correctly, are you implying that the underlying motive for the Catholic Church's offering of scholarships, is to groom the scholarship recipients for future abuse?

Let me see if I am understanding you correctly, are you implying that the underlying motive for the Catholic Church's offering of scholarships, is to groom the scholarship recipients for future abuse?
Think it is more the perpetrating priest being aware that they have a victim who is vulnerable due to the fact they are on a scholarship and could not afford the schooling without it.
No, not a big catholic conspiracy. Just priests using the scholarship system to exploit vulnerable kids.

Think it is more the perpetrating priest being aware that they have a victim who is vulnerable due to the fact they are on a scholarship and could not afford the schooling without it.
No, not a big catholic conspiracy. Just priests using the scholarship system to exploit vulnerable kids.
Priests as in typically, a majority, a minority, some, all; what precisely?

Might the scholarships also be a positive and worthwhile contribution to recipients of the community that may otherwise not be able to afford the program? is the program founded predominantly as a source for grooming children for sexual abuse?

Does the sexual abuse issue remove ones responsibility to remain respectful to those who are part of the Catholic community? Be hard on the issue by all means, but please try and maintain some objectivity.

Just that it is an avenue thats open, it related to the pell case as the boy was on a scholarship.

In relation to the Catholic Church , it has been evasive, hidden priests , moved them from parish to re offend elsewhere. The church needs to accept the anger of the community. It’s apathy has been a main reason as to why the abuse has gone on for decades.

I acknowledge it must be hard for those Catholics who go to church each week and abhor sexual abuse but there is no easy way around this . The church is ultimately responsible.

No, no direct correlation but it created an addition reason not to report.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back