Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was talking to friends the other day and their girl is allergic to cashews. The doctor told them it was because she used to eat a lot of them at a time. Then she’d have a break for a few weeks before getting back into them. Apparently that’s worse than just grazing on them regularly. Yo-yoing like that can trigger a reaction.

Huh. That pretty much describes how I've eaten cashews my entire life. Bodies are weird

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
On the rare occasion I drink instant I have two teaspoons of coffee and one sugar.

I used to have one sugar with my coffee but now I have none, I needed to cut down my sugar intake and found I didn't really need it anyway.

If I go to a cafe I often order a cappuccino and they are sweet enough without adding any extra sugar to them.

knew a guy that swore by coffee + coca cola when doing the grave shift, wonder if he's still alive
There was a guy who used to come round to service and repair all the T bars and beer pumps and he'd drink white tea with six. I expect he's in a diabetic coma somewhere now.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I never used to drink much coffee at home - even had the expensive Italian espresso machine - until such time as I had myself taught how to use it properly.

I had a pretty good relationship with the coffee shop near where I worked at the time so I hit them up. "Look - I'm using similar kit to you, I think I'm doing the same stuff, but my coffee tastes nothing like yours. What the hell am I doing wrong?"

So they brought me behind the counter and gave me a crash course. My specific problems were caused by using pre-ground beans, burning the grind and over-heating the milk.

Recently went for a team meeting at a coffee shop with a new team. Everyone ordered and it was a mix of hot chocolates, sweet lattes and frappe things. I ordered last - long black no sugar. ******* were properly intimidated I can tell you. :p

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
I have these at home for my nespresso machine.

https://www.compatible-capsules.com/

no longer a slave to the nespresso coffee itself - I get my own from cafes I like and make them at home, so much cheaper and these capsules paid for themselves in a matter of weeks I reckon.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
If you're having tea or coffee with multiple sugars just forget the tea/coffee part and drink soft drink or glucose syrup.

Coffee with properly steamed/foamed milk is sweet enough. I don't mind a cup of tea with a bit of honey (good in Winter if sick) but adding more than a tea spoon of sugar makes it sweet. 'Muricans drink that god awful sweet tea s**t.

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
Like just filter coffee? We have one like this. Works fine. Don’t really like the pod machines.

upload_2018-11-19_14-4-56.jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
If you're having tea or coffee with multiple sugars just forget the tea/coffee part and drink soft drink or glucose syrup.

Coffee with properly steamed/foamed milk is sweet enough. I don't mind a cup of tea with a bit of honey (good in Winter if sick) but adding more than a tea spoon of sugar makes it sweet. 'Muricans drink that god awful sweet tea s**t.

One sugar in a coffee doesn’t equal the 11 or so in a can of coke.

Mooshoobuca

Rookie
Oct 27, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah she's odd.

Pretty sure she added the sugars. She definitely had four teaspoons of coffee though. I think she's down to two or three now.

She also ate a massive box of nerds. At 9am on a Monday. And would regularly drink 750ml of Mother.
haha this sounds almost exactly like my eating habits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back