Remove this Banner Ad

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi everyone!

I'd like to run a competition here for the design of the official kit of the Polish National Team - The Devils. Myself and some friends have started footy in Warsaw and we have recruited enough Polish people to take a team to the Euro Cup in Stockholm in June. For this - we need a kit and an identity!

The name of the team is the Polish Devils, as voted by the players.

KIT PARAMETERS: The kit must be red and white without any other colours. The guernsey must be predominanty red with white elecments. This is due to the fact that many other Euro Cup competitiors are predominantly white with red elements and we would not like to clash. Prize for best design: $30 (can transfer via PayPal)

LOGO PARAMTERS: Colours must be red and white. There are no other limitations or preferences, although some of the players associate "devils" with the Tasmanian Devil cartoon and suggested a "whirlwind" themed logo. Prize for best design: $30 (can transfer via PayPal)

Please note that some of the people here in Warsaw are also trying their hand at some designs, so it might happen that we choose one of their designs. That means that there might not be a winner from BigFooty. I hope it's still ok to run a comp here in this case.

I WILL AWARD THE PRIZES TO THE WINNERS OF THIS COMPETITION REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE CHOOSE THE DESIGN FOR THE NATIONAL TEAM OR NOT.

If the winning Bigfooty jumper entry is used by the National Team, then the winner may ask for the jumper to be sent to them instead of accepting the cash prize.

We plan to choose a winner on the 10th of March.

You can see what we choose on our FB website https://www.facebook.com/FutbolAustralijskiWPolsce/. But remember - we're only offering a money prize to people who post their designs here on Bigfooty in this thread.

Looking forward to your help!

Last edited:
Great to see footy expanding internationally MoscowHawk! We've had some ups and downs with outside comps on BigFooty before, but you've done a good job setting the scene in the OP. Hopefully plenty of people get behind your new club and make some designs

Quick question - are there any league/club/sponsor logo's that will appear on the jumpers? It might help to know where these logos are positioned and how they look so they can be incorporated into the designs

Please note that some of the people here in Warsaw are also trying their hand at some designs, so it might happen that we choose one of their designs.
This makes me wary, I'm happy to have a go anyway though. Is there anywhere that we can look at the other nations competing and their jumpers (photo gallery from a past tournament perhaps) so that we don't end up with a design that either clashes colours or is similar design wise to one of your opponents?

Thanks guys. I'll answer a couple of questions:

1. The only logo we'll have on the kit is the logo of the national team. On the jumper and the shorts
2. Here's a link to all the team pages where you can see their colours http://aflinternational.com/europefooty/. Note that the teams often change their jumpers from year to year. E.g. Switzerland is no longer predominantly red, but almost all white. Denmark, England and Croatia are unlikely to change anything this year though.

I'll report back on the 11th/12th of March to let everyone know what we choose. But we will also announce it on the FB page which I listed above.

Is there any other way I can make this transparent? Happy to leave my email or phone number with someone so I can't do a runner :)

Thanks guys. I'll answer a couple of questions:

1. The only logo we'll have on the kit is the logo of the national team. On the jumper and the shorts
2. Here's a link to all the team pages where you can see their colours http://aflinternational.com/europefooty/. Note that the teams often change their jumpers from year to year. E.g. Switzerland is no longer predominantly red, but almost all white. Denmark, England and Croatia are unlikely to change anything this year though.

I'll report back on the 11th/12th of March to let everyone know what we choose. But we will also announce it on the FB page which I listed above.

Is there any other way I can make this transparent? Happy to leave my email or phone number with someone so I can't do a runner :)
Cheers for the link, some ripper jumpers in there and some absolute stinkers too. Given the talent on here though, Poland should be one of the best by the end of this process! Just need to draw up my devil and I'll have my entry in to you.

Cheers for the link, some ripper jumpers in there and some absolute stinkers too. Given the talent on here though, Poland should be one of the best by the end of this process! Just need to draw up my devil and I'll have my entry in to you.

Agree about the talent here. That's why I want to pay for anything we get from here.

Perhaps it makes sense just to award the prize to the winner of the BigFooty competition regardless if we choose the design or not? Maybe that's the fairest way to do it. I will edit the OP to reflect this.

Agree about the talent here. That's why I want to pay for anything we get from here.

Perhaps it makes sense just to award the prize to the winner of the BigFooty competition regardless if we choose the design or not? Maybe that's the fairest way to do it. I will edit the OP to reflect this.
Incredible act of generosity. We will not let you down...

Couldn't get my Tassie Devil to work like I wanted to and I didn't think that the nickname 'devils' connected with the animal without the Tassie on the front, so I resorted to the more of a traditional devil theme. I've placed the team logo on the front and a wordmark on the back where the sponsors go as well as my personal brand where the manufacturer, happy to change this around though if you need.

There's a 'supplementary mark' in there which was a take on the classic Tasmania SoO emblem which I was going to go with on the jumper when I was going down the tassie route. I left it in there though as I really like the way it turned out and I think it could be used on some merch, like I've shown or more of a logo for AFL Poland stuff that isn't necessarily related to the National Team. There is also a cool little graphic that uses the 'devils' nickname to mimic a waving Polish flag, might be cool to have, but could be useless too, but it's there if you want to use it.

I'm happy to make any small changes that you may want, hope the you (MoscowHawk) and guys over there in Poland like it!

nGhWSZd.png

Last edited:
Couldn't get my Tassie Devil to work like I wanted to and I didn't think that the nickname 'devils' connected with the animal without the Tassie on the front, so I resorted to the more of a traditional devil theme. I've placed the team logo on the front and a wordmark on the back where the sponsors go as well as my personal brand where the manufacturer, happy to change this around though if you need.

There's a 'supplementary mark' in there which was a take on the classic Tasmania SoO emblem which I was going to go with on the jumper when I was going down the tassie route. I left it in there though as I really like the way it turned out and I think it could be used on some merch, like I've shown or more of a logo for AFL Poland stuff that isn't necessarily related to the National Team. There is also a cool little graphic that uses the 'devils' nickname to mimic a waving Polish flag, might be cool to have, but could be useless too, but it's there if you want to use it.

I'm happy to make any small changes that you may want, hope the you (MoscowHawk) and guys over there in Poland like it!

nGhWSZd.png
Sexy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nGhWSZd.png
My logo looks scarily similar to yours o_O

Guess I'll throw my ring in the hat.
poland presentation.png
The demon trident refers to, well, the namesake of the team. As for the colours, the red used is the exact red on the flag, but if it looks off I have another version with a stronger red. Both designs can be worn with red or white shorts so I didn't feel the need to include them.

I'll do some cool branding graphics like fancy did with his after work tonight :thumbsu:

Until then let me know what you think MoscowHawk :)

View attachment 628008
The demon trident refers to, well, the namesake of the team. As for the colours, the red used is the exact red on the flag, but if it looks off I have another version with a stronger red. Both designs can be worn with red or white shorts so I didn't feel the need to include them.

I'll do some cool branding graphics like fancy did with his after work tonight :thumbsu:

Holy s***.

View attachment 628008

Thanks very much! And any red wil do. Doesn’t have to be the same as the flag.

An update for everyone: We've uploaded all the received designs (Bigfooty and non-Bigfooty) to this drive: https://drive .google.com/open?id=1Knd1tVFld033FH3U3_nIk9oE_2zjLb-j

That's so everyone can see all the entries.

Mozzie_Squad - there was already a very similar one to yours entered. But if that design is chosen then we'll go for yours, because at least you put the logo on your one.

NOTE: I couldn't post the link to the Drive without putting a space between "drive" and ".google"

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back