Religion Cardinal George Pell

Status
Not open for further replies.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you think Pell's behaviour of being naked staring at young kids is nothing to worry about, then I can't help you...
Depends what is meant by staring - as stated previously, there are plenty of overreactions to single males being around kids, very few are paedophiles. That's not to say the heuristic of suspicion isn't justified, but it doesn't cross the threshold of abuse. Do you understand?

Depends what is meant by staring - as stated previously, there are plenty of overreactions to single males being around kids, very few are paedophiles. That's not to say the heuristic of suspicion isn't justified, but it doesn't cross the threshold of abuse. Do you understand?
You clearly don't nor obviously listened to what the witness said. He was in absolutely no doubt nor was the other who gave a similar story. The fact you think this is normal behaviour is a worry...

Who was the other witness?
Suggest you watch 4 corners There was a similar story told independently by 2 different witnesses on how Pell hung around young naked kids. This isn't normal no matter how you try to spin it!

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Suggest you watch 4 corners There was a similar story told independently by 2 different witnesses on how Pell hung around young naked kids. This isn't normal no matter how you try to spin it!
So there was no second witness to this event at the Surf Club?

Do you realise what is required to substantiate abuse? It's not innuendo and suspicion.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
No it was a completely different event but same modus operandi with a different witness.
"Modus operandi"

Someone has watched too many cop shows.

Third party witness memories are unreliable, before we start Paedogeddoning every interaction between men and children, and setting fire to paediatric clinics in our derangement, we should take a moment to consider what actually constitutes abuse.

"Modus operandi"

Someone has watched too many cop shows.

Third party witness memories are unreliable, before we start Paedogeddoning every interaction between men and children, and setting fire to paediatric clinics in our derangement, we should take a moment to consider what actually constitutes abuse.
Yes, all these countless witnesses with similar stories must have got it wrong...

Fortunately you were not on the jury, but you could get a senior role in the Catholic Church to attempt to coverup paedophiles...

You counted two, each on separate occasions. I'm no Georg Cantor, but I'm pretty sure this does not meet the standard for 'countless'.
I suggest you watch 4 Corners from last night (there is a link in the other Pell thread) & better inform yourself to make comment in these threads... as there are more than 2x2 witnesses. Also, it is likely more will come out of the woodwork now that this has all been made public.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I suggest you watch 4 Corners from last night (there is a link in the other Pell thread) & better inform yourself to make comment in these threads... as there are more than 2x2 witnesses. Also, it is likely more will come out of the woodwork now that this has all been made public.
I have no doubt there will be more accusations against Pell, I just don’t think we should count examples where someone looked at kids funny.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I have no doubt there will be more accusations against Pell, I just don’t think we should count examples where someone looked at kids funny.
George is a closet homosexual and a pervert at best...let’s just leave it at that at worst he’s part of the Mulkearns Ballarat Paedophile ring and will deservedly take his place in the Mulkearns Wing of The Hopkins Correctional Centre at Ararat with several of his cohorts

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
TsJmfPb.jpg

SJSQAOP.jpg

UV7SEBg.jpg

CD Xbow

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can anyone explain to me why the Murdoch press is 110% supporting Pell. Andrew Bolts got himself in such a tizz, the Oz runs constant articles in his favour etc. Why?
I can understand it a liitle. perhaps as part of the rights cultural warfare, as Pell has been a conservative warrior for a long time. However, he is also a convicted paedophile, perhaps the most repulsive thing a human being can be. The sort of logical contortion Bolt, Devine and other right wing commentators are getting themselves into supporting him is extroidinary. Why?

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can anyone explain to me why the Murdoch press is 110% supporting Pell. Andrew Bolts got himself in such a tizz, the Oz runs constant articles in his favour etc. Why?
I can understand it a liitle. perhaps as part of the rights cultural warfare, as Pell has been a conservative warrior for a long time. However, he is also a convicted paedophile, perhaps the most repulsive thing a human being can be. The sort of logical contortion Bolt, Devine and other right wing commentators are getting themselves into supporting him is extroidinary. Why?

Rupert being a fierce Catholic and also being awarded a Papal Knighthood, or whatver the f*** it's called, should tell you something.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Murdoch was made a Papal Knight - that’s it. Look it up

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Prince Andrew.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers

You answered your own question. What team you play for is more important than your worth as an individual, for some.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I hope this abhorrent piece of human excrement rots in prison for the rest of his days.

Pedophiles are the absolute scum of society but those that use their positions of power to act on their sick proclivities on a regular basis are even lower, I would not be against the death penalty for such repugnant individuals. Nothing worse than taking and using that power to shatter a child's innocence and trust.

Just f..k off Pell.

CD Xbow

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks for the replies.
Murdoch does like winners, though, and at the moment Pell is looking a big loser. Perhaps it's now an exercise in power and ability to change the narrative, they are a family ever willing to use that power for ill. His old man tried to get Monash removed from Australian command in WWI, even convincing the PM to go to Europe and relieve him. When Billy Hughes got to France he found a very different opinion of Monash, ie the very best allied General. Typical Murdoch, Sir Keith was willing to undermine the allied war effort because of his prejudice and able to because of his power. Not dissimilar to what Fox News has done for democracy. They really are a horrible family.

Schneebly

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

The links between the holders of power in Australian conservative circles and Pell run deep:

The list of invitees to the IPA Gala Dinner is not public, but we do know that the guest of honour and keynote speaker was Rupert Murdoch, that Gina Rinehart was a distinguished guest and speaker, and that Andrew Bolt was Master of Ceremonies. Apart from Tony Abbott, other Liberal luminaries were there: Victorian Premier Denis Napthine, Melbourne Lord Mayor Robert Doyle, and Shadow Attorney General George Brandis. None of these names are surprising. What I expect though came as a surprise to many outside the IPA was the presence of the most senior Catholic in Australia, Cardinal George Pell, Archbishop of Sydney. What does his presence mean?

Abbott and the Murdoch, Rinehart, Pell Connection

MAJOR Australian personalities including James Packer, John Howard and Cardinal George Pell - plus a minor British royal - have been giving political pep-talks to Liberal MPs during secret luncheon meetings held across Sydney.

Howard, Packer, Pell part of secret society advising Liberal MP’s

Tony Abbot Lies about meeting George Pell

That I believe is the main reason. The right wingers are too deeply entrenched into Pell and the culture war cause to give up on it now.

The second reason I believe they backed him is a little more superficial and selfish, but they were probably under the impression Pell was going to get off either at the trial or in the appeal. And could you imagine the gloating articles Bolt and co would have had ready to publish the second that would’ve happened?:

“Ha Ha! (Nelson muntz style), serves you right lefties, I was correct all along, Pell was innocent, this is all witch hunt conspiracy perpetrated you leftist ABC watching UN supporting Judeo-Christian principles hating Marxists”

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
The links between the holders of power in Australian conservative circles and Pell run deep:

Abbott and the Murdoch, Rinehart, Pell Connection

Howard, Packer, Pell part of secret society advising Liberal MP’s

Tony Abbot Lies about meeting George Pell

That I believe is the main reason. The right wingers are too deeply entrenched into Pell and the culture war cause to give up on it now.

The second reason I believe they backed him is a little more superficial and selfish, but they were probably under the impression Pell was going to get off either at the trial or in the appeal. And could you imagine the gloating articles Bolt and co would have had ready to publish the second that would’ve happened?:

“Ha Ha! (Nelson muntz style), serves you right lefties, I was correct all along, Pell was innocent, this is all witch hunt conspiracy perpetrated you leftist ABC watching UN supporting Judeo-Christian principles hating Marxists”
When the first whiff off this sprang up, Brandis ran straight to the Vatican to give Old Mate the heads up and has refused to release his diary and then ducked off into the ether without ever facing the heat

Thanks for the replies.
Murdoch does like winners, though, and at the moment Pell is looking a big loser. Perhaps it's now an exercise in power and ability to change the narrative, they are a family ever willing to use that power for ill. His old man tried to get Monash removed from Australian command in WWI, even convincing the PM to go to Europe and relieve him. When Billy Hughes got to France he found a very different opinion of Monash, ie the very best allied General. Typical Murdoch, Sir Keith was willing to undermine the allied war effort because of his prejudice and able to because of his power. Not dissimilar to what Fox News has done for democracy. They really are a horrible family.
Careful mate
There's a few grubs here who get VERY pissy if you attack their hero

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Rupert Murdoch has never been Catholic, let alone a fierce one, despite receiving a Papal Knighthood.
Apologies, the danger of asssuming.
I was quite shocked to learn that.
For a non-Mick he certainly, (allegedly), has poured a s**t load of money into the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back