The Title Race

Who do you want to win the league/who do you think will win the league?

• Total voters

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What a load of rubbish.
Really? How’s that rubbish? Where do you see yourself in the grand scheme of things then? To me that post looks like you’ve assumed the role of a bit-part club who’s having to bend over for a hated city rival so that an even more hated rival don’t become champions. You’ve turned into tottenham in the 00’s

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Really? How’s that rubbish? Where do you see yourself in the grand scheme of things then? To me that post looks like you’ve assumed the role of a bit-part club who’s having to bend over for a hated city rival so that an even more hated rival don’t become champions. You’ve turned into tottenham in the 00’s

That’s 1 silly United fan, clubs have those types that just spit garbage. How are we bending over? Pretty sure I can speak for lots of United fans that we wouldn’t prefer to be relegated or let in 20 own goals against city if it meant Liverpool didn’t win the league.

Would it be s**t if the scouser won it? Yep, but we carry on. Would I prefer City win over the scousers? Yes, I probably would.

Last edited:

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
A good portion of the forum members probably weren’t even alive to experience them though. Romance is on their side for winning it, but unlike Leicester a few seasons ago for some reason no one wants them to do it
Would be like Carlton being in the hunt for an AFL premiership. Its been a long time, but i can guarantee no one would be barracking for them as they are a historically powerful club.

Even less would want Liverpool considering they are still a wealthy club and have been in the top 4-5 wealthy clubs for the past 30 years during their drought.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
If our form doesn't return pronto. We are no chance. If we can get back into good form then we can still win it because i think City will still drop points. We just have to be there to capitalize but in the form were in right now we wont be close enough to do so.

So we need to find our best football again and like... right now.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
If our form doesn't return pronto. We are no chance. If we can get back into good form then we can still win it because i think City will still drop points. We just have to be there to capitalize but in the form were in right now we wont be close enough to do so.

So we need to find our best football again and like... right now.
You just have to hope your opponents don't have any more injuries during games and there is no wind. You should be fine otherwise.

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
Frustrating ref mistake to allow City their opener. If that doesnt happen maybe Watford hold out.

But we responded well enough. Still need City to slip up somewhere. Shame it's out of our hands.

If City win their last 14 league games, then I can't really blame us too much for not winning the league. It's more unlucky than anything else. If we end up with 90+ points, our team is good enough to be a league winning one even if they don't actually end up doing it. Holding them to the standard of being one of the three/four best sides in the premier league era is a tough one.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
If City win their last 14 league games, then I can't really blame us too much for not winning the league. It's more unlucky than anything else. If we end up with 90+ points, our team is good enough to be a league winning one even if they don't actually end up doing it. Holding them to the standard of being one of the three/four best sides in the premier league era is a tough one.

Exactly. 2013/14 we had no right to be anywhere near the title race and managed 12 wins / 1 draw / 1 loss in our last 14 games which wasn't enough. Similar scenario here, we have no right to be just 1 point behind and could end up finishing 2nd on 90 points +.

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
Exactly. 2013/14 we had no right to be anywhere near the title race and managed 12 wins / 1 draw / 1 loss in our last 14 games which wasn't enough. Similar scenario here, we have no right to be just 1 point behind and could end up finishing 2nd on 90 points +.

I wouldn't say we have no right. In fact the complete opposite. This side has every right to be in the thick of a title race, they should have every right to be leading a title race by a fair margin as well considering what the history says about teams with our current points total at this point in the season. You need to worry less about expectation management Zidane98.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
The race is far from over. City led early. We caught them. We led for a few months, they caught us. Now were one point behind, plenty to play for and hopefully we can regain that lead. A confidence boosting win against Burnely was just what the doctor ordered.

Back