Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Really happy with Kayo on the ultra chrome cast and LG OLED.

I thought I might miss having the IQ4 box but streaming has just worked so far.

What we are witnessing is male sports being jammed behind a paywall and womens sport being the replacement on free to air. People need to be lined up and shot starting with the ministers in charge. Sport will die in the pursuit of $$$$ its an outrage

How is it different to the last 15-20 years? Nothing has changed with Kayo just the delivery model.

Picture quality was fine. I am using it through the Telstra Roku 2 box.
Everything I was looking for a year ago so I could give Foxtel the flick.
After about 18 years my house i'm now Foxtel Free, except for Kayo in a roundabout way of course.

My only query is why does it not give me the option of watching a program from where I last watched it?
If I watch the footy to half time then have to do something and come back to it I need to sit and press the fwd button a million times to get up to where I left it.
Does anyone not watching through Roku have any better playback option than start or live?

After about 18 years my house i'm now Foxtel Free, except for Kayo in a roundabout way of course.

My only query is why does it not give me the option of watching a program from where I last watched it?
If I watch the footy to half time then have to do something and come back to it I need to sit and press the fwd button a million times to get up to where I left it.
Does anyone not watching through Roku have any better playback option than start or live?

Using the android app theres a slider to use to quickly scroll forward/backwards which works well enough but I agree, there needs to be a 'resume' option.

Very good point, another option that would be great when watching a replay - you should be able to choose which quarter to start with, like you say, if you have already watched the first half, you should be able to commence replay from the 3rd quarter rather than from the start and have to fast forward....

Very good point, another option that would be great when watching a replay - you should be able to choose which quarter to start with, like you say, if you have already watched the first half, you should be able to commence replay from the 3rd quarter rather than from the start and have to fast forward....
You can although its not exact.There is a slider function when you tap on the feed.

as has been said before and just within the last few posts, we need a RESUME function.

And most replays should have Key Moments where you can choose Q2, Q3, Q4, H2, etc

Have tried a few things mac mini with chrome to HDMI but the res and drops are poor.

However 2017 ipad casting to airserver on same mac mini is perfect

anyone with suggestions?

Using the android app theres a slider to use to quickly scroll forward/backwards which works well enough but I agree, there needs to be a 'resume' option.

As was mentioned above if you're watching a replay select the "key moments" and you can skip to the start of any quarter (or any goal if you know when it was).

Have tried a few things mac mini with chrome to HDMI but the res and drops are poor.

However 2017 ipad casting to airserver on same mac mini is perfect

anyone with suggestions?
Same issue here - works a treat off an Android tablet but struggles on the laptop and desktop. My feeling is the website is less well optimised when it comes to throttling to stay within my shitty internet.

Just finished the Free Trial, will continue as now i can rid myself of Foxtel.
Needs a TV Guide though
Agree also needs a Resume option
As well as a search option for Shows, For instance i like watching First Take after work, but if its been like 12hours i cant find it anywhere.

So managed to play on my Android Phone okay but getting it onto a TV was an issue.

Didnt have a chromecast 3rd generation or Chromecast Ultra? (So i guess i need to spend $100 on one of these?)

The only way i could do it was using the girlfriends laptop and HDMI into the tv

Any suggestion or advice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished the Free Trial, will continue as now i can rid myself of Foxtel.
Needs a TV Guide though
Agree also needs a Resume option
As well as a search option for Shows, For instance i like watching First Take after work, but if its been like 12hours i cant find it anywhere.
Not perfect, but if you download the MyFoxtel app you can select sports only you have a TV guide on your phone.
I agree though, it’s one of my few gripes. I’m sharing with 2 mates and to pay $35 once every three months is money for jam I reckon

Same issue here - works a treat off an Android tablet but struggles on the laptop and desktop. My feeling is the website is less well optimised when it comes to throttling to stay within my shitty internet.

Went looking for a telstra Tv2 but the quality on the one in the telstra shop wasn’t as good either. Apple TV is good though. Funny thing I streamed via air server from kayo app on iPhone 6s. Very good. I switched off wifi and 4g on my phone and the air server is still streaming 20 mins later. This is recorded so know idea if it’s just lagging

My broadband is fairly good btw

Edit. Maybe the telstra tv in the shop was badly set up. Can’t believe it could run 4k

So managed to play on my Android Phone okay but getting it onto a TV was an issue.

Didnt have a chromecast 3rd generation or Chromecast Ultra? (So i guess i need to spend $100 on one of these?)

The only way i could do it was using the girlfriends laptop and HDMI into the tv

Any suggestion or advice?

$59 Chromecast 3rd gen, working well for me

Went looking for a telstra Tv2 but the quality on the one in the telstra shop wasn’t as good either. Apple TV is good though.

Does anyone know, if you get Kayo through Telstra, whether you have to watch it through Telstra TV? Or can you use your Telstra login on Apple TV?

I have signed up to Kayo on the news limited adelaide now/Kayo subscription deal running in the news limited papers at the moment..

I’m a crows supporter livin in QLD so fox/kayo is my only way of guaranteeing i see every game live.

I watch it on my Ipad Pro (12.9 size). I watched the JLT game on the weekend and was very pleased with the quality of the picture.. was very crisp and no latency/blotchiness.

Word of warning though for apple users.. there is no option to change from HD to SD.. you have to watch in HD and i had a Kayo tech confirm this. The apple app for kayo doesnt provide the option, he blamed apple but i wouldve thought it wouldve been kayo that developed the app?..

Anyway, it used 8.8gb of my mobile data.. lucky i have 36 a month... but im worried 36 a month wont suffice when the season starts and im watching a game a week.. my home internet is too s**t to use even here in burleigh.

Like i said.. just a word of warning to those using the kayo apple app on their iphone or ipad.

Anyway, it used 8.8gb of my mobile data.. lucky i have 36 a month... but im worried 36 a month wont suffice when the season starts and im watching a game a week.. my home internet is too s**t to use even here in burleigh.

Like i said.. just a word of warning to those using the kayo apple app on their iphone or ipad.

Yep, the only reason I considered Kayo was because I have pretty awesome cable internet and unlimited data, so I thought I might aswell put it to use. Streaming HD content probably isn't ideal if you don't have decent internet or don't have unlimited data so it's something else for folks to consider.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back